Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Fatima Raheen KhanYour feedback matters!
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Sir, meri ek girl se shadi hone wali hai unko kuch months se gas or stomach pain ki problem thi jab unka treatment hua to pata chala ki unke LEFT ADNEXA mein (1.98*1.97)cm ki ek mass ho gai hai, Doctors ne unhe 7 days ki medicines di hai or bola hai agr mass ka size 7 days mein kam ho jaegi to medicines se thik ho jaegi warna operarions se nikalne paregi, Sir please help me Kay ye unki pregnancy mein bhi problem karti hai. I am very confused.
Hello doctor, when I do sex my penis not stand properly I did daily masturbation and I got married now but my penis not stand proper on bed pls suggest me oil or gel.
Sir, I am a 20 years old men. I have a problem regarding my head. I have pain in my head. What should i do? Please advise.
I have a very bad headache 3 times a week what should I do? just keep on taking medicine or go for check up?
I have sneezing for long time and now my body have any respiratory problems as like allergies voice change pain in head now what I do.
From last 8 months I have a white coated tongue .Sometimes the coated in thin and is scrapable but then it comes back .But when I eat some sugary stuff the coated becomes very thick. I consulted ent and dentists they ruled out thrush. I do not have any pain or difficulty in eating .only this white coating is persistent.
Hi I am suffering from head and neck pain from last 8 months I with head and neck pain I also facing dizziness or vertigo along with pain, eye strain also I have consulted ENT specialist he suggest fro CT -SCAN any suggestion.
What are the symptoms if tuberculosis. As I am having cough since last one month n the same is not being getting cured.
Whenever I masturbate I feel urge to pee And its not like a normal one The quantity of urine is too low N I feel lil pain while urinating What should I do?
I am 30 years old male. I recently underwent health check-up. It was found that, "25-OH Vitamin D" value is very low i.e. 6.2 ng/ml. Method used for testing is C.L.I.A. As per report, Ranges are specified as below- Deficiency:< 20 ng/ml, In sufficiency: 20-30 ng/ml sufficiency: 30-100 ng/ml Vitamin B12 level is 268 pg/ml which seems to be in normal range (211-911pg/ml) as per report. Looking at these ranges, I seem have Vitamin D deficiency. I also feel less energetic all the time. Can it be because of this deficiency? Do I need to take Vitamin D supplements? Please suggest the dosage!
Hi I am not hungry, please given solutions, for this problem, sleeping problem, not slipping Afternoon,
Hi doctor. I have a critical disease in my back. Its called piles. It makes bleeding. And also get pain. How can I will be free from this diseases?
I am having a very severe stomach pain tried several home remedies and also had medicines but it did not work what shall I do.
Soups are normally the first thing you order at a restaurant, followed by at least two other meal courses. The universally accepted appetizer takes a backseat when contemplating dinner. But can it be considered a complete dinner meal in itself?
To rightly be considered as dinner, a soup must not only be filling, but must also be correct on the calorie chart. Hearty soups like Russian Borsch, Vietnamese pho, and Italian Minestrone are considered as main courses. They have an apt mix of vegetables, protein and carbohydrates in a single bowl. Thick soups that carry not only the broth, but also toppings that make them sumptuous, can be had as your dinner.
These kind of all-in-one soups, that carry a number of condiments on their side, and ingredients in them, are also a great way of utilizing leftovers. For fussy eaters, a lot of ingredients can be blended well and masked in the form of soup. It is a perfect comfort food, which can be easily cooked, and is loved by almost everyone. It also carries benefits for people who want to lose weight.
Home-made soups are much healthier than the ready-to-drink packet ones as the packet ones have starch and few other ingredients which are not healthy. Another important thing is the time of having these soups. It should be preferred that soups should be taken as early as possible in the evenings, latest by 7:00pm, if at home and 8:00pm if having dinner out as it has salt content which can lead to water retention in the body if consumed too late. The soup can be coupled with freshly cut salad without any creams or fat content.
The calories in a soup can range from 20 to 100 approximately, depending upon the density and the additives. However, the usual by-the-sides like breadsticks, potatoes, rice crackers, naan bread, tofu croutons, creme fraiche, or even a spoonful of pesto etc. increase the calorie content and hence should be avoided.
So the next time you stress about what to cook for dinner, just pick up some vegetables off the shelf, or meat, and blend your way through an easy,nutritious and yummy dinner choice.