Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Farzana KhannamYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and from last some years I found problem with sore in mouth It happens only when I found problem in stomach I face problem for example 15 days in month.
I have tooth ache impact. The x-ray says that the wisdom teeth is struggling to come out due to less space available in jaws as per dentist opinion. Is the removal of the teeth only solution
My teeth are little yellowish in colour which toothpaste or mouthwash do I have to use to get rid of that?
I am 38 years old suffering from bad smell from mouth and bleeding after gargling done. It happens in 2-3 hours gap, what do I do?
My teeth are yellowish in colour despite I brush 2 times a day. I floss evey time I eat or drink something. I think that my enamel is intact because I do not have any sensitivity issue. What should I do to make my teeth white?
Im 22 male. I had a recent visit to malaysia and singapore for 20 days, after few days of return I began to have cough which was severe for 3 days and it reduced in the following days I have a very very minimal pain when I swallow saliva (only when I note it) I do not have any problem in eating or drinking water. I still did not have any medications. Should I give medical treatment for this.
I have been suffering from pain a very big pain in my mouth with a small part and how can I decrease my mouth pain by using tablets.
He has grade 2 mobility with first and second molars both side of upper jaw and canine of upper left side. He wants to extract them and replace with implants, but one dentist told us there is no sufficient bone to replace implants, any one suggest me which treatment is suitable for him. He is 56 years old and last month diagnosed with slightly elevated sugar levels.
I have a brother. He eats alot. More than anyone else in our family. But after all this he is still slim. He has no health problems, and really strong bones and teeth. What is the reason for this?
3 years back I had met with an accident then I lost my 2 tooth after consulting dentist they replaced artificial tooth since then there is no problem. Since 10 days the gum beside the artificial tooth is swelled and causing pain when I followed amoxicillin 250 mg and gargling with hot salt water the pain is reducing and the inflammation also reduced. Can you suggest the problem and prevention.
I am 21 yrar old boy with serious bad brearth. I am having this for about 5 years. How can you help me?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.