Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Farzana
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. FarzanaYour feedback matters!
Hello I have a problem from more than 2, 3, years, bad breath is coming out I consulted many doctors they just gave me mouth related medicine. But no effect, I had cavity in some teeth I consulted dentist he did cleaning and did filling as well. He told t me may be it will be because of cavity but doctor still I have problem, I am am not using any drugs like smoking ,once I had tap worms 2 years back, that time I took medicine one twice and after taking medicine my bad smelling stopped for I think one month after that again bad breath started to come. I go washroom but I don't find anything in my stool. Talking about digestion problem I had but 4,5 years back some time was facing digestion problem today I am ok with that please suggest me doctor.
She is 56 yes old. Suffering from pain in complete upper and lower jaws and fore head region. On examination dentist told tenderness in relation to upper right and left second premolars and lower left second molar, but there is no caries. And there is no findings in x- ray. No calculus only little debris present. What could be the region.
The consumption of too many acidic foods erodes the enamel on your teeth
grinding of the teeth also destroys the natural structure of your teeth. Over time, your teeth might become sensitive.
The roots of your teeth are nicely protected by gum tissue, but when the gums recede the root becomes exposed thus causing sensitive teeth.
Recent Dental Work
Short term tooth sensitivity can also be caused by recent dental work. You should not worry, because this is only a temporary side effect and sensitivity will go away in a few weeks.
Hello, my mom is planning to get her damaged or decayed tooth extracted. So is there any need for her to take pain killers or antibiotics before extraction. She complains about pain. Previous doctor used to give us tablets before extraction, now we met another dentist, he dint give us any tablets and asked her to have heavy lunch before extraction. thank you.
Hello, everybody, I am Dr Priyanka Puri. I am an Implantologist and a cosmetic/ aesthetic specialist. I have been practising for the past 12 years now. Today we are here to discuss some common topics which everybody faces in dental. First, I would like to talk about the root canal.
A root canal is a simple procedure. Basically, in a root canal procedure, we make the tooth non-vital and in the procedure basically, there is 2-3 part of the procedure.
- The first part involves the opening of the tooth.
- The second part involves cleaning of the tooth nerves and the third part involves filling it with an artificial material which is bio compatible with the tooth structure and facing a cap over it for strengthening it.
And now, with latest technologies, a root canal can be done in single sitting also. When it is single sitting, the important part of single sitting is that your bone should not have any abscess or any pus discharge there. If it all it is there, then you will not probably want to finish it in a single sitting. And apart from that, the patient fears like how long the tooth will be there, how long the treatment will last for me and all those things. If you take good care of your root canal and if you maintain it well, the tooth is going to last you lifelong.
There is no issue that a patient should be facing with a root canal and then you are on your antibiotics and pain killers while you are going for a root canal procedure.
There are some symptoms which are very specific for a root canal like recurrent pain in mouth while eating, while not eating, while sleeping having shooting pain. Lot of pain while eating hot food or hard food probably that side will not be functional for the patient. So, all these symptoms also guide to a large extent that a patient is requiring or a tooth is requiring a root canal treatment.
A simple cavity is very different from a root canal with the symptoms itself. A simple cavity would not have all these symptoms aligned with it and root canal would be having these symptoms aligned with it. So, I should request all the people that you should be aware of the dental hygiene and in your mouth, if you see some cavities starting up, you should always get the preventive treatment done.
You should not wait for the decay to convert it to a root canal. Because then the tooth will be non-vital and will not help you with the preventive treatment.
I am 42 years old male. I am my business trip to Punjab. I belong to Ahmedabad. For last 2 days has got mild ulcer on front part of tongue. It is red. I develop it after having Pizza or Burger. Both taken at same time.
I am a 28 yr old male. My upper right side 4th and 6th teeth always feels sensitivity problem since 2 months. I have used hydent k paste & also used senolin sf gel. But still the problem persists. What should I do to get rid of this problem permanently. Please help me.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.