Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Faraz JabeenYour feedback matters!
My son is 2 months old. He is having family history of crossed eyes. I am scared that he may get that. Please give suggestions to prevent it.
LASIK or Laser-Assisted in-situ Keratomileusis is a kind of eye surgery used for correcting certain vision problems as well as reducing or doing away with the need for corrective lenses or eyeglasses. It is a widely used refractive surgery that alters the shape of your cornea, the transparent tissue on the frontal portion of the eye. The fundamental aim of this surgery is to refract (bend) light rays in order to make them focus on the retina with improved precision, thus creating a sharper and clearer vision.
You can go for a LASIK eye surgery if you are experiencing any of these problems:
- Myopia or Nearsightedness: It is a condition wherein you enjoy a clearer vision while looking at objects that are close to you. However, distant objects would appear blurred.
- Hypermetropia or Farsightedness: Here, you may experience blurred vision while focusing on objects which are near to you but tend to enjoy better clarity in vision while viewing objects which are placed at a distance.
- Astigmatism: It is a condition disrupting focus of both the distant and close (near) vision.
Learn About The Different Tyoes Of Lasik-
- C-Lasik- C-Lasik or Customized Lasik is gaining ground as the latest and the most effective tool for restoring the quality of one’s vision. It uses a Wave front Guided customized ablation to render personalized treatment to each individual. While the surgical procedure stays the same, C-Lasik, also known as “Eagles’ Eye Vision” can provide the perfect shape to the eye surface, helping one to focus accurately. C-Lasik means that laser eye treatment is now unique to each eye. With C-Lasik, treatment is designed specifically to treat your individual vision errors. It improves the quality of your vision. Each C-Lasik assessment involves an extra diagnostic (screening) process to let the surgeon understand your vision better and select the most suitable treatment for you.
- iLasik- iLasik is the first vision rectifying procedure that is fully customized, done with the use of a laser. It is used to rectify myopia till a measure of 10 diopters, hypermetropia up to +5 diopters and astigmatism, till -5 dioptersafter evaluation of cornea. iLASIK is different from normal LASIK surgery because it recognises that every eye is different. Using 3D mapping technology, the characteristics along with the uniqueness of each eye is recognised. Then using this information, a blueprint is developed so that the lasers can target the right areas. High-frequency pulses are used to create a corneal flap which is lifted so that another laser can repair your eyes. iLasik is the only procedure that has the technology to personalize treatment to individual vision needs. In fact, wavefront measurements are 25 times more precise than those taken with conventional methods used for eyeglasses and contacts.
- Contoura Vision LASIK- Contoura Vision is the most advanced technology available for laser vision correction when it comes to accuracy and precision. This diagnostic technology is able to meticulously identify and record irregularities in the cornea’s curvature as well as its optics. During the procedure, this information is combined with the patient’s corrective eyewear prescription to dramatically improve vision for those suffering from nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. While standard LASIK surgery has been helping individuals enhance correct visual refractive errors for many years, Contoura Vision takes the treatment a step further by offering even greater degrees of enhanced vision quality. Potential benefits of this technique can also include a reduced “glare” at night and even an increase in reading speed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am a 22 year male. My eyesight is very low. It reaches minus 5. Should I go for laser operation or should I wait for 2-3 years because I am preparing for some government jobs where operation is not allowed. Please suggest me.
Sir, I want to join Indian army, and I am suffering from eyesight weakness, my left eye became weak and right eye is 5/6 , I want to remove my spectacle within three months, is isotane gold effective for the treatment or eyesight RX will be?
My eye is blinking continuously for last three weeks almost, Not knowing the reason, please advise me.
Recently I have developed a squeezing or twitching of eyes as a habit. I don't shut my eyes but partially squeeze the lower lid several times in a minute. I have observed this on different occasions like driving, watching TV or even when I am sitting idle. I can't trace a direct source to it.
My eyes pain before 3days continuously and my back also pain I am driver transport company So what can I do please help me.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.
Hello doctor. Actually I have puffy eyes. And I don't like them. When I wakes up in the morning .my eyes are puffed .till evening. please give some advice. To get rid of them.
My eyesight is week but I didn't want to wear chasma so tell me any eye drop ,supplements or home remedies for improve my eyesight.
You never tend to pay a lot of attention to your eyes unless they are affected by some serious disorder or unless your vision is disrupted. But did you know that your eyes are capable of doing much more than you can imagine? here are 10 surprising facts about your eyes you didn't know about.
1. How intricate!
Your eyes take more than 2 million working parts to function. No wonder your eyes are the second most complex organ of your body after your brain.
2. A lot depends on them
As much as 80% of your memories are determined by what you see. Also, 80% of what you learn is because of your eyes.
3. Retina and security
The iris of your eyes has approximately 256 unique characteristics, which is more than even your fingerprints. This is the reason why retina scans are used so widely today for security purposes.
4. It's a colourful world
Your eyes can distinguish between approximately 10 million different colours. And women with a particular kind of genetic mutation can see millions of more colours.
The retina of your eyes receives the vision of the outside world as upside down. It is your brain, which flips the image for you so that you can see the world as it is.
6. Sunscreen for the eyes?
It is possible for your eyes to get sunburnt. Therefore, it is advisable for you to wear sunglasses in order to protect your eyes from the ultraviolet radiations.
The eye muscle is the muscle that reacts at the fastest rate out of all the other muscles in your body. It can contract in less than even 1/100th of a second.
8. Paint it red?
The retina of your eyes cannot detect the red colour. The retinas do have green, red and blue receptors, but the red receptor can detect only the colour yellow-green and the green one can recognise blue-green. It is your brain that combines these signals to give you the impression of the colour red.
9. Dreams and sight
Even if you become blind later in life, you can see images in your dreams if you were born with sight.
10. We are blink-eyed peas
You blink approximately 17 times every minute. That makes it 5.2 million times in a year.
I am not been able to take good sleep at night. My eyes are swollen all the time and feel sleepy. But unable to take deep sleep. Please suggest.
Hello. I m 22 years old boy, completed B. Tech in computer engg. But I m too thin and I look like too young like 10th standard that reason All my friends are make fun on me. By genetics my father and mother also thin. Sir how can I build personality. Look like a professional in oder to get a good job in IT. Even I will eat normally as others. Is any other foods there to eat and look like strong? Please ans me.
2 week se mera sir bahut dard krraha hai mai kya karu? Aur mere eyes bahut dard kar rahe hai now suggested.
I'm from jabalpur. I have a problem in eyes. I don't see the vision of long term. Plzzz help me about my eyes.
I have problem of watery eyes. It happens generally when exposed to air or light. Pricking like sensation is also felt. Last for a week first time and it's repeated again after 2 months.
she feel she has the eye side problem means when the facilities teaches trough the projector its light affect her eye and she feel headache and she is unable to concentrate.
The eyes are such a complex structure that even minute changes in the extremely complicated internal structure affects the most important function of the eye, vision. And anyone with a vision problem can vouch for the extent of effect it has on the quality of life. Whether you are able to see only things at a close distance or far off, it is definitely difficult.
The good news, however, is that with the thorough understanding of the eye’s structure, these abnormalities can be corrected and absolutely normal vision can be restored. While surgery was the only mode of correction a few decades ago, but laser has come to rescue, especially in intricate structures like the eye.
LASIK is an abbreviation for laser in-situ keratomileusis. This is the most common and popular method to correct vision in errors of refraction. In all these conditions (as below), the cornea which is the clear portion in the front of the eye is affected.
The light passes through the cornea, lens and falls on the back of the eye (retina), where an image is created, sent to the brain where it is reversed, and this is what we ‘see.’ Each of these parts have to be in perfect condition in order to produce this proper sight. Errors of refraction fall into three main categories.
- Nearsightedness: There is difficulty in seeing far off objects, so road signs and boards are difficult to follow. Seeing objects that are closer is not affected. Most important cause is excessive staring into computer monitors.
- Farsightedness: The person has difficulty seeing things that are nearby and has to hold them at a distance for clarity.
- Astigmatism: Light rays merge to focus on multiple points either in front of or behind the retina. Normally, however, they should focus on a single point on the retina. There could be blurred vision, squinting, and eye strain.
What is done?
During the laser surgical procedure, ultraviolet laser beam is directed at the cornea. It is reshaped - made thinner in nearsightedness, elongated in farsightedness, and restoring the normal shape in astigmatism. This ensures that light is focused properly on the retina, producing sharp images and restoring vision.
- Success rate as high as 96% - most patients no longer need the glasses or contacts they were using earlier
- Minimal pain
- Immediate correction of vision
- No stitches required
- Further adjustments to vision using glasses or contact lenses can be made if required
While errors in refraction are extremely common, there is no reason to panic. Corrective measures are also available, which can restore an almost normal vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.