Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ershad MustafaYour feedback matters!
Our 4 month old baby has gastroesophageal reflux (ger) since birth. she is unable to feed properly because of that & she is in constant pain. allopathic medicine suppresses stomach acid and caused more trouble with indigestion and colic pain. please help with Ayurveda medicine. Thanks in anticipation for your help!
I'm 29, I have one and half year baby, after delivery my weight is normal but now before 7 months onwards my weight is decreasing, wat the Reason, why I'm getting less weight, nw my weight is 37. Please help me I'm looking very very thin.
In my neighbor there is a little girl 2 years old. Her legs are not normal. Wide out while she walks. The family is really poor, but the child is really cute They showed her to govt hospital, they have jst taken blood for results. Could you please help or advice,
Hi. My 2 n half month baby boy having stools with light blood in it. Help me out asap. I have an image of stools but how can I share with dis app I don't know.
Hello doctor.. My son is 7 years old. He is overweight. Heis not eating so much. But he didnot do any physical activity. He is suffering frm sizer. Taking eptoin syrup. I want he may loss. How?
Hi my son is 1 year 8 months he's not eating properly don't know y he use to eat well but fr 2 days hes not eating he had cold we are giving him recofast and augpen kid DT.
I had suffered from anul fissure in the month of December. But I got it treated. Now today I again got that same pain. And breastfeeding my 4 month old. What medication should I take. Which will not affect my breastfeeding and my baby.
My 1 year old son goes to day care. I am working and I have heard that day care/creche gives sleeping pills to babies. Please tell me how can I assure that my baby is not getting these pills. I will be back home by 6 in evening. He will be active for sometime and then have milk and sleep. Please help me to know that I am not risking my son's health.
Hi doctor. My 8 month old daughter has a running nose and due to that she can't breath properly during night time and hence she cries a lot. We give nose drops but it doesn't help much. Please advice what to do. Thank u.
I am 29 yrs old mother or new born mera weight din pr din km hota ja rha h or m bht kmjor ho gyi hu or baby k liye thk se breastfeed krane k liye dudh nhi bn rha h. What should I du please help.
Meri 5 years ki beti ko kabhi bhui pet datd hota hai shayad marod hoti kya iska koi aisa ilaaj jisse turant aram jai.
Hello doctor, my baby in 3 months old. He is not passing stool by himself. Our doctor prescribed glycerine suppository in every 2/3 days. Baby is fully breast fed and active with frequent urine. Please suggest if regular usage of suppositories can be avoided by any other means?
My son is 20 month. At born time he has thyroid. After that we Doesn't done any test. What to do now? Is there any harmful effect of that please guide me.
Giving a child medication can be a challenging job and one that many parents dread! Wrong dosage can create a havoc and lead to unnecessary complications or the problem not getting treated at all. So make sure you give your child the proper dose.
Here is a small guide that will help you understand more about dosage and administration of medicine for children:
- Dosage: Usually, most pharmaceutical companies print the dosage as per the age or the weight range of the child. This is true mainly for paediatric drugs. Yet, there are other ways of calculating dosage as well. You can divide the age of the child (in months) by 150 and multiply the sum with the average adult dosage to compute the dose that the child should get.
- Frequency: Also, always speak with a paediatrician to find out how often a medicine must be administered. The label will usually have this information, but it is always best to mention the exact symptoms and ask for the frequency.
- Instruments: Child medicine usually comes in liquid form for easy ingestion. You can use a wide mouthed calibrated syringe for administering the medicine, or you could use a spoon, or even the measuring cup that comes with the medicine. The baby's bottle or a dropper can be used for infants as well. Take care to watch for signs of choking and administer the medicine in one dose broken up into smaller doses to avoid the same.
- Storage: Ask your doctor about storing the medicine at room temperature or in the refrigerator as this will affect the efficacy of the medicine.
- Administration: Remember to find out if the medicine is to be administered before or after the child has had a feed or a meal. Then, wash your hands and prepare the child by ensuring that he or she lies still without any squirming. Make the child comfortable about the idea of taking medication and keep the head propped up. Talk to distract the child and if need be, practice sucking it in so that the child avoids choking. You can mask the unpleasant taste of certain medicines by keeping a glass of juice or candy nearby.
- Missed Doses: If your child throws up a dose, or you miss one, do not give a double dose. Instead skip and give it later.
Take due precautions when you are administering, storing and measuring the medicine for your child as this could have an impact on how the child reacts and heals.