Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. EA LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old male. I am student of civil engineer. I have problem with essential tremor. When I want to work or something my hand and whole body is shaking. If there any treatment of Essential tremor.
Sir Neurologist have Diagnosed my Brother-In-Law as MND recently! He is in initial stage His Age is 42 Can you suggest Best Probable Treatment for him in any Therapy Please Reply.
I have a relative female who has thyroid problem but is not being diagnosed properly. She has tsh level of 100 and now suffers migraine. Kindly suggest course of action.
My mother is having tingling sensation in feet. I think this is side effect for oral chemo she takes post medication for multiple myloma.
I am 19 year old student. I have a feeling of dying and my brain is not fully active. I consult a psychiatrist who has given me medicine Pari CR 12.5 mg, I have consumed at night and in the morning I have one big bowel on my forehead. Is this the side effect of the medicine. Please help.
I am getting major head attacks at night. A major migrane attacks. Please suggest me a valid medicine to get rid of it.
My grandfather is alzemeir patient. Although he can memorise past but has difficulty in present things. Like he gets confused how to paste and in locating things. He is taking Donamem 5 both in morning and evening. Pl guide whether medication is good are anything else is added so that there is no further deterioration of brain. He is very sensitive with stomach.
If mother of an child is having brain tumor and it is cured but the daughter she was born when mother was having brain tumor can suffer from brain tumor.
I am 60 yrs old male. My both hands are shaking while I am doing any thing like writing, taking meals, using laptop since last8-10yrs
My kids have a autism problem. He can talk but when I talk then he talk. He can' t talk with understand? when he recoverd from this problem?
I am 59 years old having undergone angioplasty in June 2015. Post procedure, I suffered from acidity, constipation and muscular pain around heart region. As soon as I recovered from this, I suffered from back pain and pain in gluten area. I could not sit on a chair for long. My wife was diagnosed with parkinson in February 2016. She has responded to the treatment and doctor has given positive feedback to her. I am also having difficulty at work front due to non cooperation of colleagues. Antidepressant by the Psychiatrist Estazolam5 half tablet also created headache and I was sleeping the whole day. I am able to understand that I am in a difficult situation and I also feel that I need to get on with life with new realities, but not able to do so.
I am 21 year old female I have migraine problem for last 1and half year and my treatment is going on from p. G. I. Is there any permanent solution for this problem?
I am 20 year old and have migraines for last 1 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
One of my friend. Suffering from insomnia, she is not working as of now. Doing house works alone, for that past one month she couldn't sleep in night or afternoon although she was doing meditation and stretching exercise everyday she couldn't get a result! Some of her friends suggested to go for masturbation to grt orgasm, so that she can sleep well. Was that advisable? Kindly give a remedy for this.
My daughter is taking eptoin 50 mg from last year but still seizures occurred now doctor changed to valproate. Does this medicine have side effects on health?
Headaches and migraines can vary drastically depending on their duration, specific symptoms and the person they are affecting. The more you know about your specific type of headache or migraine, the better prepared you will be to treat them—and possibly even prevent them. The two types of migraine are-
- Migraine without aura: The majority of migraine sufferers have Migraine without Aura.
- Migraine with aura: Migraine with Aura refers to a range of neurological disturbances that occur before the headache begins, usually lasting about 20-60 minutes.
Symptoms of migraine vary and also depend on the type of migraine. A migraine has four stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. But it is not necessary that all the migraine sufferers experience all the four stages.
Prodrome: The signs of this begin to appear a day or two days before the headache starts. The signs include depression, constipation, food cravings, irritability, uncontrollable yawning, neck stiffness and hyperactivity.
Migraine Aura: Auras are a range of symptoms of the central nervous system. These might occur much before or during the migraine, but most people get a migraine without an aura. Auras usually begin gradually and increase in intensity. They last for an hour or even longer and are
- Visual: Seeing bright spots, various shapes, experiencing vision loss, and flashes of light
- Sensory: Present in the form of touch sensations like feeling of pins and needles in the arms and legs
- Motor: Usually related with the movement problems like the limb weakness
- Verbal: It is related with the speech problems
Headache: In case of a migraine attack one might experience:
- Pain on both sides or one side of the head
- Pain is throbbing in nature
- Vomiting and nausea
- Sensitivity to smells, sound and light
- Vision is blurred
- Fainting and lightheadedness
Postdrome: This is the final phase of the migraine. During this phase one might feel fatigued, though some people feel euphoric.
Red flags that the patient may be having underlying serious disorder not migraine
- Onset of headaches >50 years
- Thunderclap headache - subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Neurological symptoms or signs
- Immunosuppression or malignancy
- Red eye and haloes around lights - acute angle closure glaucoma
- Worsening symptoms
- Symptoms of temporal arteritis
These patients require CT scan / MRI or CSF examination. Most Migraine patients do not need these tests.
Diagnosis of Migraine: Usually migraines go undiagnosed and thus are untreated. In case you experience the symptoms regularly then talk to the doctor, who evaluates the symptoms and can start a treatment. You can also be referred to a neurologist who is trained to treat the migraines and other conditions. During the appointment the neurologist usually asks about the family history of headaches and migraines along with your symptoms and medical history.
The doctor might advise for some tests like:
- Blood Tests: These reveal problems with the blood vessel like an infection in the spinal cord and brain.
- CT scan: Used to diagnose the infections, tumors, brain damage, and bleeding that cause the migraines.
- MRI: This helps to diagnose the tumors bleeding infections, neurological conditions, and strokes.
- Lumbar Puncture: For analyzing infections and neurological damages. In lumbar puncture a thin needle is inserted between the two vertebrae to remove a sample of the cerebrospinal fluid for analysis.
Migraine treatments can help stop symptoms and prevent future attacks.
Many medications have been designed to treat migraines. Some drugs often used to treat other conditions also may help relieve or prevent migraines. Medications used to combat migraines fall into two broad categories:
- Pain-relieving medications. Also known as acute or abortive treatment, these types of drugs are taken during migraine attacks and are designed to stop symptoms.
- Preventive medications. These types of drugs are taken regularly, often on a daily basis, to reduce the severity or frequency of migraines.
Your treatment strategy depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions.
Some medications aren't recommended if you're pregnant or breast-feeding. Some medications aren't given to children. Consult a doctor find the right medication for you.