Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. E N Purushothama Reddy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. E N Purushothama ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, My 3 years old play school going daughter has started complaining that she is tired. Its been 3-4 weeks and she keeps on complaining every other day of being tired. Sometimes she also complains of pain in stomach. She doesn't sleeps or sleeps less during the daytime. Even on a general health from the last 3-5 months, she is not keeping well. She has been administered Antibiotics 4-5 times during the last 5 months. Zifi 100, Augmentin DDS were given to her. For 2 times, she showed symptoms of UTI but the results remains negative. Both routine and culture comes normal. For the other times she remained gripped with cough and cold or stomach infection. I mean one or other thing keep on happening 100, Augmentin DDS were given to her. For 2 times, she showed symptoms of UTI but the results remains negative. Both routine and culture comes normal. For the other times she remained gripped with cough and cold or stomach infection. I mean one or other thing keep on happenning. Last night she has developed fever of 100, today morning she was fine and now during the afternoon she is running a fever of 101. Giving her Domstal SOS for vomiting and paracetamol 250 mg/5 ml syrup, 3 ml for fever. Its cold over here but there is no visible symptoms of cough/cold. Any suggestions looking at the history of the last 6 months. Any particular medicine to improve the immunity or any general suggestion for good health of the kid. Thanks.
My son 12 years of age, has lost total interest in his studies. We have tried to encourage him that if he does his h. W then we can send him to drawing classes. We had send him for 1 month. But now his exams are going on. His father had asked him that if he gets good marks then we can send him again but I think this doesn't makes him encouraging to do work or study. Also he is very aggesivemostly and doesn't want to listen anything. please help. What to do?
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case and is this normal for new born or I need to be worried about it.
I have taken amoxicillin cetrizine after that breast milk production is less. Plus suggest how to increase the production.
Our child was underweight and had breathing problem during birth. He remained in incubator for 4 days. What can we do to keep him healthy? After how many months can we feed food to our child?
Hi. My baby is 2 months old. I am giving him breastfeed inspite of that he is hungry. I have done each n every possible way to increase the milk production but nothing could work. Can I give the baby cow's milk. Please suggest.
Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Stable on medications. Will have to follow the diet and medicines life long? Can it be cured? Is it a life threatening diseases. Can the sibling also get it?
My son 1.4 years wants to drink lot of milk (is bottle fed) and is fussy in eating fruits/veggies/cereals. Has healthy weight and is active. My paed. Says reduce milk to just half litre in entire day. But baby demands more. What to do?
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.