Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi doctors I have a question that I have a baby of 9.5 months and I want to know which calcium medicine should I give to my baby as she gone pranky just because her teeth are trying to come. But it takes some more time to come. But she feels like take everything in her month .What to do.
Hello Doctor, My daughter is 2 years old. I have two questions. 1. We are struggling to feed her everyday. She don't like to eat any sort of food beyond 2 spoons. Even if we involve her in some play and feed, she will vomit in some time. Not sure of reason. Can someone please help. 2. We forgot to take her for 2 years vaccine. Is there any problem if we take her for 2 years vaccine even with one month delay.
Hello my son is 4 months old. He sleeps at night for 7 to 8hrs in one stretch but he does not pee while sleeping. Do I need to worry?
I have a daughter of 4 months who has polystic kidney diseases, can you please tell me what is the permanent solution for this problem?
My daughter about 2y 6months takes syp. Cyproheptadine HCL and Tricholine citrate about 50ml at 1p. M. Now she is fit and active. What should I do next. Please tell me.
Hello, My son is 3 years old aur us ne abi tak neck holding nai kr pa rha hai, physiotherapy b kerwaya hai, mein asa kya karun k uski neck me power ajaye please reply.
My two months old son has increased his feed demands and diet, but he vomits extra semi digested milk, after few feeds and does potty 2-3 times a day. Is it all fine or his growth is being interrupted? Kindly help.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
Sir, my son is 2 years 8 month old, male, weight 15 kg. What kind of drinks should I give him? Pls suggest. I am already started pediasure. Pls give some suggestion for his health and brain growth.
My daughter is 16 years old. She has made a habit of sleeping late around 1p. M.daily and getting up late around 12,12:30. She is overweight and is very inactive. She does not listen to any one. She is suffering from thyroid and has multiple gallbladder stones. What should I do?
I have a baby boy who born on 17th Feb 2016 We given BCG today i. E 12th March So is there any problem that we given BCG so late Also Describe BCG.
Hello Doctor, I have 6 years old baby. Her Name Is moksha shanmukhi. Her behavior is very frustrating. She always crying. Does not understand the words. Others not so much that she forgets to imitate her. She does not take proper food. Each focuses on a grumble. As adamant. I will be very sad. Do not understand what to do. Please give me any advice or medicine.
Hi, My daughter is getting some infection on skin which is not getting well. It starts with a small boil and very next day it turns into shady spot which keeps growing. It is mostly on her legs and it keeps occurring. I consulted with few specialists but still not satisfied with the results. Please help.
My son is two month old due to cough n cold we took him to doc today. He had recommended steam for him n given us Some Ipratropium nebulizer solution Bp .can we use such solution for steaming via nebulizer .I hope it doesn't have any side effects as he is having little bit cough n cold only. Pls given us second advice.
I have a 1 years child. He doesn't have hair in the front of his head. What should I do growth of his hair in front of his head. I had taken his hair for 4 times. But the result was the same.
Hi doctor, My son is 5 months old he has loose motions problem every second day his pediatric advise stool routine test. The test result is mucous-present parasites not detected, occult blood-trace, starch granules and fat globules present, pus cells-40-50embedded in mucous n rest everything absent. My pediac said its bacterial infection n no need of stool culture test. N to start with antibiotic. please advise should I start antibiotic or go for stool culture.
Cell phones bring us close to people, but can also have a harmful effect on our health. Studies show that cell phone radiation could be one of the causes for brain cancer. However, this does not stop us from using a cell phone. Unfortunately, some people also allow their children to use cell phones, thus putting them at risk also.
Here are a few tips to reduce your child's exposure to cell phone radiation:
- Limit the use of cell phones: Adding an old school landline to your home can be used not only as a decor element, but functionally as well. When at home, route all calls of your cell phone to the landline. In addition, do not allow your children to use the cell phone as toy to play games on. If you absolutely must, give them the phone to play a game on, but first put it onto flight mode.
- Maintain distance: Start using a headset while answering calls on your cell phone. This allows you to keep a distance between the phone and your body. If children use your phone to answer calls, encourage them to do the same as well. As far as possible do not keep your phone in your pocket for long durations. If the cell phone is used as a morning alarm, ensure that it is not kept under the pillow, but on the bedside table.
- Text: Studies show that texting emits less radiation than voice calls. Make use of group messaging facilities to further reduce the amount of messages you need to send out and in turn the radiation emitted.
- Choose a good case: Some phone cases are built with materials that limit the radiation emitted by the phone. These cases allow the phone to receive signal, but restrict the outgoing radiations, thus protecting the person using the phone.
- Find good signal: Using your phone in an area with good reception will not only let you enjoy an uninterrupted call, but can also protect you against cell phone radiation. This is because radiation and signal strength have an inversely proportional relationship; the lower the signal, the higher the amount of radiation emitted.
- Ethernet cords: Today, an internet connection is a must have in every house. Along with cell phones, laptops and tablets emit radiation as well. To protect your family from this radiation use an Ethernet cord to connect to the internet instead of a wireless router.