Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Durga Prasad
Submit a review for Dr. Durga PrasadYour feedback matters!
Cancer is a disease that is caused due to the multiplication and growth of abnormal cells in any part of the body. It is usually classified in terms of the type of tissue or the organs affected. While there are many types of treatment available for cancer patients, homeopathy can also be an effective way to treat cancer. This is because homeopathy aims at care analysis with individualised examinations which treats symptoms with the help of individual remedies.
Following are some commonly used homeopathic remedies for cancer.
- Calcarea fluorica: Knots and kernels are usually treated with the help of this medicine. Hardened lumps in the breasts can also be managed with this medication. Stony hardness within indurated glands and enlargements are also treated with CalcareaFluorica. This medicine can also help in preventing the development of malignancy or cancer. The medicine can be considered in case there are suspicious lumps present in the breasts.
- Lapis Albus: The pain that one undergoes as a result of cancer can be treated with the help of this medicine. It can also treat yellow discharge that comes with cancer.
- Hecla Lava: This medicine can help in treating ivory tumours which are spongy in texture.
- Conium: Conium helps when there is a lot of hardness in the glands that have been infiltrated by the cancerous, multiplying cells. It can be used to treat mammary tumours that form at the onset of scirrhus. It also helps when it comes to gland related scars and bruises.
- Condurango: When the cancer affects different parts of the stomach and abdomen, this medicine can help by modifying the pain substantially. It can help in treating open tumours.
- Phytolacca: This medicine is helpful for patients who are suffering from fat formation along with cancer. These fatty tumours can be treated with this medicine so that their removal becomes easier. This medicine also helps in treating hardened lumps found in the breasts. It can also act as an absorbent when it comes to the fibroid tumours found in the uterus.
- PlumbumIodatum: When there is inflammation of the masses and growths in the breasts that are busy developing slowly, this medicine can help. This slow development can be stemmed with the help of PlumbumIodatum.
- Arsenicum: This is a treatment that specifically helps patients who are suffering from Lupus as well as cancer. It can help in treating weakness as well as debilitating symptoms as well as a burning pain.
- Iodine: This medicine is helpful for a number of ailments and can help in treating cervical cancer and symptoms like intense haemorrhage.
My friend recently had mastalgia. It stayed for one day and she had mastalgia on only right side breast. She has stretch marks her both breast. Her breasts are bit asymmetrical where the right breast is a bit larger probably 0.5 cm down than another one. She is 19 years old. Is there a chance of her being a victim of breast cancer?
I am 33 years old I have lipomas multiple in my body does they do any harm to me what can I do I asked about it to my doctor but he said if I want to remove he will do surgery but I want to know whether they cause cancer in future.
I am 29 years old male, both my parents had cancer, my father passed away in 2009 and my mother survived by Gods Grace. I have heard that cancer is hereditary. Can you pls enlighten and im the youngest in my family.
Frequent Urination specially at night as I wake up every 2 hrs to empty my bladder.I was told I have an enlarge prostate . my recent PSA was 1.5 .I have taken supplements like:Complete Prostate support and Prostate Deffense These do not seem to help much.I await to hear from you at your convenience.With my kind regards.
I am an 18 year old girl from India. I spent the whole day (10am to 4pm) in the direct sun without sunscreen and without covering my face, hands or legs. Will I get skin cancer?
There my gf have some stone like structure in the breast and its so painful we consult with the Dr. But they can't b treat with in a month.Now what should I do?
Cancer or the big ‘C’ can affect any part of the body including the female reproductive system. These types of cancer are known as gynaecological cancers. Gynaecological cancers occur when normal cells start growing in an uncontrolled manner. There are many different types of gynaecological cancers which are named as per the organs in which they first develop. These include:
- Ovarian cancer: Cancer that affects the ovaries and ova
- Uterine cancer: Cancer that begins inside the uterus
- Cervical cancer: Cancer that begins in the cervix or the section of the reproductive tract between the uterus and vagina
- Vaginal cancer: Cancer that begins in the vagina
- Vulval cancer: Cancer that originates in the opening of the vagina, labia minora or labia majora, clitoris or mons pubis
- Fallopian tube cancer: Cancer that affects the fallopian tubes that connect the ovaries to the uterus
- Placenta cancer: Pregnancy related cancer
Gynaecological cancers are more commonly diagnosed in cases where the woman has a family history of cancer or has mutated genes. Advancing in age, exposure to hormones, and diethylstilbestrol can also increase the risk of suffering from such cancers. Additionally, viral infections such as human papilloma virus, obesity and unhealthy lifestyle choices such as smoking have also been identified as risk factors for cancer.
However, a woman may suffer from these types of cancer even if she does not fall into any of the above risk factor categories. Hence, it becomes important to focus on the symptoms. The symptoms of gynaecological cancers depend on the organ from where the tumour originated, the size of the tumour and it’s rate of growth.
Some of the symptoms which may be noticed are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina
- Bleeding after intercourse
- Unusual discharge from the vagina
- Pain or discomfort in the abdominal area
- Swelling of the abdomen
- Painful intercourse
- Itching or burning sensations in the genital area
- Lumps, warts or sores in the genital area
- Unusual bladder and bowel habits
Gynaecological cancers can be treated by using chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal therapies or surgery depending on the stage of the cancer and the type of cancer. Hence, the earlier it is diagnosed, the better it is. Keeping the risk factors in mind, if the above symptoms are noticed, the doctor may ask for a number of tests to diagnose gynaecological cancers.
These tests include:
- A pap smear
- Pelvic examination
- Blood tests
- CT scan, ultrasound, MRI or any other form of imaging tests
- Biopsy scan
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.