Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Durga
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DurgaYour feedback matters!
The season of winter is all about enjoyment and is full of fun and festivities. As we while away our time enjoying, our body works its own course of eliminating toxic substances from the organs. But there is always a way to make things better. In other words, the process of clearing toxins is known as detoxification and what better way could be there than Ayurveda. During the process of detoxification, there are certain things that should be avoided like sugar, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, soda, etc.
Why choose the ayurvedic way?
It is the natural process through which the body cleanses naturally without undergoing any turmoil due to side effects. During winter, it is a challenge to detoxify as we consume more in order to keep ourselves warm. Ayurveda’s detoxification methods are safe and trusted for centuries.
Why is winter detoxification necessary?
During winter, we require more energy but due to toxins and more food consumption for a warmer body, the digestive system and the immune system are weakened thus making people more vulnerable to sickness. Winter detoxification helps one to control the energy level and makes the person stay fit, healthy and energised. Detoxification cleanses the digestive system and improves the immune system and also helps in losing weight by flushing out the excess fat from the body.
Detoxifying ayurvedic drinks
Natural ayurvedic drinks prepared at home help in retrieving one's healthy self by detoxifying the body's systems. Also, consuming such preparations regularly will offer continual benefits.
- Coriander, lemon and green tea: The combination of coriander, lemon and green tea helps in balancing the fundamentals of the body. This preparation, again, can be consumed every day. It delays the onset of ageing and also remarkably reduces the visible signs of ageing on the skin.
- Lime water with pepper: A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and a pinch of pepper powder works wonders on an empty stomach. It helps in detoxifying and improving the digestive system.
- Vegetable juice: Vegetables like carrots and spinach that is widely available in winters can be used in preparing juices. The vegetables, when combined with Apple, Celery, and ginger, is a drink that offers many medicinal benefits and tasty as well.
- Lemon ginger water: The combination of lemon and ginger is said to be one of the healthiest ayurvedic drink to help detox your body during winter. Take a glass of warm water mixed with ginger and lemon juice. This helps have a healthy and clean digestive system.
- Aloe vera juice: Aloe vera is yet another nature's gift that helps in flushing out toxins. A bit of aloe vera gel mixed with water or orange juice have been working wonders in detoxification for centuries. It is another healthy winter drink.
- Amla juice: Amla is said to be the best aid in losing weight and boosts up the immune system. Amlas soaked in water overnight and blended in a mixer can be taken thrice every day. The juice has a tangy taste but is effective.
To combat winter, Ayurvedic detox drinks are always handy and helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this) If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
We r newly married couple. We did the sex before 1 day of periods start. Now periods is 6 days delay. We are worried about unwanted pregnancy. Please do the needful.
Hi i am having Having Vaginal-itching for some days. Its very irritating. Can you please suggest some remedy. Married age 30.
One of the most important decisions a couple takes is to start a family. It fills them with hope and joy of new future, but if the attempts have been unsuccessful for more than six months, it can take a toll on the relationship and the mental health of the couple. This is the time to seek fertility specialist who will be appropriate to analyze the situation and provide proper guidance. Read on to find out the exact indications to see a fertility specialist:
1. If a woman who is under the age of 35 is unable to get pregnant even after a year of having regular unprotected sex
2. A woman who has had more than three miscarriages
3. Someone who has suffered from blocked fallopian tubes and is in need of surgery
4. One who experiences irregular ovulation
5. A couple who has suffered from genital infections
6. A pregnant woman who has consumed an estrogen derivative
7. A man who has been diagnosed with low semen count, also known as poor motility
8. A couple who has not been diagnosed with any irregularity but is infertile
Which specialist should you visit?
If you or your partner or both have shown signs of infertility, then visiting the following specialists can be helpful:
- Specialists for men - Urologists and Andrologists are specialists who treat men for infertility. Urologists conduct an analysis of semen quality, semen count, hormone levels, reproductive organs and abnormalities in bladder and kidneys. Andrologists are medical professionals who specialize in hormonal conditions and physiology of male infertility.
- Specialists for women - Hormonal imbalance is one of the potent obstacles to pregnancy. If a general obstetrician/gynecologist has not been able to successfully treat a woman then she can visit a reproductive endocrinologist who specializes in hormonal disorders. Depending upon the nature of the problem, she can also visit a reproductive surgeon who deals with uterine abnormalities, endometriosis, and reproductive organ surgery. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello my name is Shruti. I want to know about my aunt. She is around 44years old. She is trying to conceive from last 4 years but after 2 months she looses her pregnancy that is she looses her baby. From about 3 years she is trying to conceive once again but same happens. And she is on medication too from past 3 years but nothing happens. Now she has lost faith n hope in herself. Every test she does comes crystal clear. Now please I need your assistance for the following question. Thanks.
I AM A 52 YEAR OLD FEMALE. HAVE STARTED MENOPAUSE ABOUT 2-3 YEARS AGO WITH OCCASIONAL SPOTTING. OF LATE SAY FOR THE PAST MONTH I AM EXPERIENCING SLIGHT PAIN IN MY LOWER ABDOMEN SOMETIMES IN THE RIGHT SIDE SOME TIMES IN THE LEFT. I AM ALSO SUFFERING FROM LUMBAR DISC PROLAPSE AND HAVE LOWER BACK PAIN SOMETIMES. IS THE PAIN IN MY ABDOMEN DUE TO SOME PROBLEM IN MY LIVER/KIDNEY OR IS IT THE BACK PAIN THAT RADIATES TO THE FRONT. MY LFT AND KFT RESULTS ARE NORMAL THOUGH I WAS diagnosed WITH MILD FATTY LIVES ABOUT A YEAR AGO WHICH GOT CORRECTED WITH MEDICATIONS. PLEASE ADVISE.
Although most of the spinal disorders are treatable with conservative measures like medication, physiotherapy, exercises, braces etc, certain conditions need a surgical intervention to achieve best possible results. But any surgical procedure has certain risks associated with it. Spinal column houses the spinal cord and the nerve roots, which are very delicate and sensitive structures, carrying signals from the brain to the rest of the body. These structures are at risk of damage during a surgical procedure on the spine, which can lead to a minor or sometimes a serious disability due to loss of function of the limbs, bladder or bowel control or due to pain.
Spine surgery in particular, had earned a bad reputation among the general population due to the bad results of wrongly done surgeries without a complete understanding of the biomechanics of the spine, lack of adequate surgical implants or instruments, or lack of adequate training in the early decades of the 20th century.
Treatment of spinal disorders has undergone a significant and rapid change in the last few decades with introduction of various equipments and techniques. There has been a tremendous advancement in understanding the biomechanics of the spine as well as in the technological support in the last few decades, which has dramatically changed the way of surgical management of various spinal disorders. At the same time it has also improved the safety of the surgical procedures on spine by many folds. The imaging techniques like mri have made an early diagnosis of spinal problems. The imaging techniques used in the operation theatre help visualise the spine while inserting implants into the spine used to stabilize it. Technologies like computer navigation and o-arm image intensifiers provide a three dimensional visualisation of the spine and help protect the neural structures from damage during surgery. Neuro-monitoring systems are used to monitor the neural function during surgical manipulation of the spine, especially while correcting spinal deformities. These systems warn the surgeon of any impending damage to the spinal cord and help make the surgery safer. New spinal implant systems are continuously being developed to make surgical manipulation and stabilization of the spine easier and safer. Minimally invasive techniques, made possible by the special instruments, are designed to preserve the spinal muscles.
Today spine surgery has obtained a special place for itself and both orthopaedic surgeons and neurosurgeons dealing with spinal disorders need to have a specialised training and focus on spine surgery to be able to achieve best results consistently. Improved safety and the good results have changed the image of spine surgery today and more and more people with spinal disorders are getting the benefit of having a better quality of life with a pain free spine.
With multiple surgical and non-surgical treatment options available, it is the thorough evaluation in the clinic and the right decision making that makes ensures best results of treatment of spinal disorders and hence, it is of utmost importance to take the opinion of a spine specialist.