Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilip M Babu
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip M BabuYour feedback matters!
My brother is 45 years old, has constipation since many years, he don't have any medical issues or don't use any tablet, sugar thyroid all tests done and came normal; he pass out urine very frequently and has some urinary incontinence also ; if he don't eat psylum husk (type of fibers) daily then stool gets hard and bowel movements becomes impossible. He is found of drinking lots of water daily and like and eat fruits and vegetables very much daily. He never try to stop the urge of bowel also. Doctor checked all and cant detect anything. Please help? what shall we do?
I am male 28 years old. And I have urine place their ieatching in last 5 years. I tried so many creams. But ieatching is back in few days. What I do give me a medicine.
Got ultrasound report says Mid calculus hydronephrosis. No stone diagnosed. Regular pain at left lower back, left front and pain at the time of urination. Is this symptom of stone or serious urine infection.
Dear sir/madam, if I want to drink my wife urine means what are the necessary test I have to take to check for any bacterial infection and suggest me, when can I drink my wife urine? Shall drink always? please give me some suggestions.
Doctor saheb, mere father ko left side Bali kidney ki taraf cyst hai kya ye jaanleba ho Sakta hai ya iska operation karbana padega, ya phir medicine se thik ho Sakta hai. Kripya karke meri sahayta kren.
I am suffering from kidney stone for the last 4-5 years. I have tried ayurvedic treatment and also done laser treatment about 2 years ago but still the problem persists. Please suggest something to permanently get rid of it.
Statistics report an approximate 38.5% of men and women are diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime. Getting widely prevalent, cancer is a deadly disease. However, due to the continuous efforts in the field of medical science, several treatment methods offering positive results are on the evolve.
Scientists have made great progress in discerning the characteristics of normal and cancer cells in the bladder and also an insight into how this helps the cancer cells to grow and spread to other parts of the body. They are now trying to utilize this knowledge for developing new ways that can treat bladder cancer and others.
- Screening and diagnostic tests: The newly developed tests are now able to look for different substances in the urine that can help in finding whether there is bladder cancer. They are primarily used for diagnosing bladder cancer or to look for risks and chances of recurrence in individuals who have already been treated. Researchers are now on the way to find out whether these screening tests can help in finding out bladder cancer in people who don't exhibit any signs or symptoms.
- Surgical intervention: These days, surgeons are making use of the newer approach to cystectomy where the surgeons use robotic arms for performing the surgery. It is commonly referred to as robotic cystectomy, and it allows the surgeon to operate through small incisions in place of a single large one. It helps the patients to recover much quicker. It can also be used in other forms of cancer such as prostate cancer.
- Immunotherapy: There are immunotherapy drugs now available for treating bladder cancer. It is a treatment that uses the immune system of the body for fighting against cancer which is accomplished using substances that restore the immune system to fight the invading cancer cells effectively.
- Photodynamic therapy: Photodynamic therapy or PDT is now under study to find out whether it is useful in the treatment of early-stage bladder cancers. In this treatment, the surgeon injects a light-sensitive drug into the bloodstream. After that, a special form of laser light is concentrated to the inner lining of the bladder with the help of the cystoscope. The light alters the composition of the cancer cells which destroys itself.
- Intravesical immunotherapy: This is yet another form of immune therapy that has already been used for the treatment of other cancers. BCG is a type of intravesical therapy where a germ is injected in liquid form into the bladder. This causes an attraction of immune cells to the lining of the bladder which invariably kills the cancer cells.
- Targeted therapies: As the researchers can gather more information regarding the alterations in bladder cells which cause them to become cancerous, they are also developing the drugs which can be helpful in targeting these changes. They may be effective in conditions where other chemo drugs fail, and they lead to fewer side effects.
Thus, if you are diagnosed with bladder cancer, do not lose hope but persevere and stay positive to get cured. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!