Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilip D Madane
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip D MadaneYour feedback matters!
My weight is 110 kg and height is 5 ft 3 inches. I am unable to walk due to osteoarthritis. I always feel a terrible pain in leg and back. How can I reduce my weight and lead a normal life? what should be the diet for losing weight?
Are you experiencing pain in your feet? Are you having difficulty with mobility because of it? Feet pain is a very common form of pain affecting people of different age groups. This type of pain may occur anywhere in the foot such as the heel, toe, sole, arch or ankle. Several factors like old age, wearing defective shoe, certain fractures, mineral deficiency, diabetes and other conditions lead to feet pain.
Here are some tips you should follow to get the feet pain under control:
- Hot and cold water therapy: Hot and cold water therapy is quite effective in treating feet pain. The hot water treatment promotes blood flow while the cold water treatment reduces inflammation. Fill a bucket with cold water and another one with hot water. Dip your feet in hot water for three minutes and then dip it in cold water. Repeat this process three to four times and end with a cold water dip. You can also opt for a heat pad and ice pack, to be used alternately.
- Epsom salt: Epsom salt soothes the feet and gives instant relief from several types of feet pain. Epsom salt is made of magnesium and helps in relaxing the feet by reducing pain. Add three spoons of Epsom salt in a warm water tub and soak your feet in it for at least 20 minutes.
- Ice: Ice therapy is very effective in reducing pain and swelling in the feet. Add crushed ice in a plastic bag and massage the affected area of your feet with it in a circular motion. A bag of frozen vegetables in a plastic bag can be used as well. The cold temperature numbs the nerve endings in the affected area, thereby giving relief. Swelling is also reduced because of this.
- Footwear modifications: Footwear modifications make a huge difference in the pain. You may need custom made footwear or sometimes ready made insoles. Regular stretches of the foot and calf muscles are also helpful.
Feet pain can also be treated by medications of several types prescribed by a doctor. However, the natural remedies are quite effective as they do not cause any side effect or extra risk to the body. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My age 36 years old, both shoulder pain elbow pain and palm pain, and headache and problem in eye sight, intercourse time has become less.Please tell.
Sir mujhe kamar me pain ho rha hai jabki exercise dailly karta hun fir v pain hota hi hai sir iska koi ilaj hai kya.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness.