Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. Dheeraj RaiYour feedback matters!
I have been observing high level of sugar in my blood levels around 180 fasting and 220 normally on some days, normally it remains within limits. I am not controlling my diet on days when sugar level is normal I am 37 with no family history of high sugar levels. Kindly suggest what tests could be done to identify the problem n what do you diagnose out of it. I have been on valprin chrono 500 due to epileptic seizures which occurred around 12 yrs back.
My husband is 32 yrs old and last year he had seizures and is taking epilex 500 for a year now, we r planning for a baby but I m concerned if the medication would have any adverse effects on the pregnancy or the baby?
I am 30 years old female, married and have one boy. Last one months I have lot shivering, body pain, headache everything. I get tensed without any reason. Always my body get shivered. What is the problem I have?
Sir I am suffering from regular headache and sir I am getting faint at most of time, is this is a symptoms of migraine ao I have the last stage of migraine, what to do?
I am 21 years old suffering from sever migraine problem from last two years. I have consulted many doctors but the pain remains same. Please suggest any medicine or treatment.
What You Need to Know About Epilepsy And Seizures in Children!
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties.
I'm female of 17 years. I have been facing headache from past 5 years in which our doctor had told me that I have migraine but from past few days it has been severe when ever I get such a severe I have been noticing little swelling and from yesterday evening to night the pain was very severe and today I have seen swelling in the right side of my head from the back to the middle. The headache is from the whole side of the head and major pain was from the back to middle and beside of eyes. Can you please tell me whether is it serious?
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening