Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My child is 7 years. He is very shy when we are there and he doesn't want to talk with elders in front of us. Please tell me how to deal with him ?
If chewing food and retaining a sparkling smile is not enough for you, avoiding toothaches and a visit to the dentist could be reason enough to maintain healthy teeth. Ignoring your tooth health can lead to many problems. Answer yourself the following question. Would you like your teeth inside your mouth or in a glass tumbler beside your bed at nighttime?
If you opted for the former, then going through the following tips and advices will go a long way in helping you sustain healthy teeth. They are:
- Brush and floss twice a day: Brushing and flossing twice a day, on a regular basis will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums in the long run. The ideal time to brush your teeth is 20 minutes after a meal. Opting for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles gives you better access to even the deeper portions of your mouth, thus providing comprehensive cleansing to your teeth. Moreover, softer bristles are generous on your gums as well.
- Nutrition: Whatever you eat, either protects you or makes you more susceptible to diseases and disorders. This stands true for your oral health as well. As such, choosing the right foods early in your life is of vital importance. Foods such as cold drinks, cakes, candies and other such sugary substances facilitate the growth of germ and bacteria in your mouth, resulting in plaque and cavities. Choosing foods that are low in starch and sugar will reduce the development of germs and help eradicate cavities or plaque in the long run.
- Smoking: Even the pack of smoke that you buy endorses smoking is injurious to your general health. Smoking causes reduced flow of blood to the mouth, which resultantly leads to increased chances of periodontal disease and mouth cancer. Smoking, moreover causes a decline in the ability of the bones and tissues to revascularize (self-heal). All else apart, just stop smoking.
- Chewing gums: Chewing gums are highly beneficial especially after a meal. They not only increase the flow of saliva in your mouth, but also improves the flow of blood to your brain, thus enhancing your alertness by close to 10%. In addition, chewing gums help neutralize the acid in your mouth, thus helping you cleanse your mouth.
Few small lymph nodes are seen in the axillary region and along the pectorails muscle on the right side during the ultrasound of my five year old son. During the fnac, smears show mature lymphocytes with transformed lymphocytes with lymphohistiocytosis cell clusters with few histiocytes showing hemophagocytosis in humorrhagic background. Kindly tell from which disease my son infected and what is diagnosis.
My baby is 3 months old. He is stooling after every breastfeed. What is the reason for this and how to overcome this problem?
Hi. My baby is 12 days old. I feed her 2 hours once, I am feeding her for 1 hour even then she is crying for milk when I feed her again she stops crying. Is my milk insufficient to her? Wat should I do? And she is crying more in night times. I am worried lot. Pls advise.
Sir, my child age 1 years 6 month male weight 10 kg he not eat normally always forces and not latin regularly medicine use homeopathy adel-11 three time daily, he daily eating morning dexolac-3 after two hour later he eat dexolac-3 and what tutee hand made 1 pm-past ricr and vegetable and fish or egg 4.30 pm dexolac-3 and patanjali foot kelox and 7 pm dexolac-3 and kellox and 10 pm dexolac-3 and what rutee, but he not latin regularly when he latin crying he is very then and not sleep proper time at night sleep approx 12. 30 am to 8 am and afternoon 2 pm to4. 30 pm. Thankyou.
My son has constipation problem. 3 months baby. Mother milk feeding male baby. Help me out of this problem.
My 3 year old daughter is suffering from cold and cough since last 10 days. Please suggest a good medicine and multivitamin for children.
lymphadenitis near neck of baby is becoming big day by day .now baby is in 4th month .what to do please help me with your suggestions.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.