Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DeepthiYour feedback matters!
3 months back I have got a corn on my right palm I haven't consulted a doctor, by using corn caps it got dried but sometimes it is paining. Again I have got corn on my left leg recently. Is this is dangerous? What I have to do to cure this.
I have allergy from cold, when I eat icecream my lips swells, at winter after taking bath my whole body becomes red n start itching. What should I do?
I have dark spots over my cheeks because of nodular acne treatment. It has really made my complexion dark how to treat that?
Hair problem. I have dandruff and hair falls very much. Now there is no hair on my front side above the fore head. Give me treatment so that I can regain hair and get free from dandruff.
I have a pimples on my face at this age what should you doplz tell me something that can I rid by this.
Breast sore prior of my periods (10 days. Over body weight My first day bleeding is dark black in colour Viscous fluid.
Hi, I am of 25 years. I have lot of hair fall due to dandurff and ace on my face and even black marks because of these pimples what care should I take please suggest me.
I have pimples on my face So I want to remove from my face So please give me the perfect medicine name.
I have lots of hairs on my face that too mainly on my upper lips. How to get rid of facial hairs through home remedy?
I have pimples on my face. I have tried all best possible methods to reduce them but they are not vanishing from my face. So please help me out for this problem.
I have dry flakes and low density of hair on top of head. I have did many medications previous six months but it did not work so pls suggest me some solution.
I always have itching near genitals. It's kind of fungal infection type. I use cream it is okay but after few days it is again.
I have skin problem. It is like small black spot on skin and never disappear. Also I have log of dead skin and bad skin on hands and legs. My skin quality is not so good. What should I do?
When a person has a medical condition called alopecia areata, the hair falls out in round patches. The hair can fall out on the scalp and elsewhere on the body.
Alopecia areata can cause different types of hair loss. Each of these types has a different name:
- Alopecia areata (hair loss in patches).
- Alopecia totalis (lose all hair on the scalp).
- Alopecia universalis (lose all hair on the body).
Not everyone loses all of the hair on the scalp or body. This happens to about 5 percent of people.
Hair often grows back but may fall out again. Sometimes the hair loss lasts for many years.
Alopecia is not contagious. It is not due to nerves. What happens is that the immune system attacks the hair follicles (structures that contain the roots of the hair), causing hair loss. This disease most often occurs in otherwise healthy people.
- Patchy hair loss: The problem often begins with 1 or more coin-sized, round, smooth, bare patches where hair once was. You may first notice the problem when you see clumps of hair on your pillow or in the shower.
Hair loss occurs mostly on the scalp. But it can involve eyebrows, eyelashes, beards — any hair-bearing site. Patches vary in size.
- “Exclamation mark” hairs: Often, a few short hairs occur in or at the edges of the bare spots. These hairs get narrower at the bottom, like an exclamation mark.
- Widespread hair loss: With time, some patients go bald. Some lose all their body hair, too. This is not common. Also uncommon is a band of hair loss at the back of the scalp.
- Nail problems: Alopecia areata also can affect your fingernails and toenails. Nails can have tiny pinpoint dents (pitting). They also can have white spots or lines, be rough, lose their shine, or become thin and split. Rarely nails change shape or fall off.
Sometimes nail changes are the first sign of alopecia areata.
Who gets alopecia areata?
People can have this type of hair loss at any age. It often begins in childhood. Some patients with alopecia areata have a family member who also has the disease.
What causes alopecia areata?
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease. Autoimmune means that the body's immune system attacks the body. When alopecia areata develops, the body attacks its own hair follicles. A person's genetic makeup, combined with other factors, triggers this form of hair loss.
Alopecia areata: Diagnosis and treatment
How do dermatologists diagnose alopecia areata?
Sometimes a dermatologist can diagnose alopecia areata by looking at the hair loss.
If the patch of hair loss is expanding, the doctor may pull out a few hairs. These hairs will be looked at under a microscope.
Sometimes the dermatologist will perform a skin biopsy to confirm that the disease is alopecia areata. To perform a skin biopsy, the dermatologist removes a small piece of skin so that it can be studied under a microscope.
Blood tests may be necessary if the dermatologist thinks the patient might have another autoimmune disease.
How dermatologists treat alopecia areata?
There is no cure for alopecia areata. Hair often re-grows on its own. Treatment can help the hair re-grow more quickly. A dermatologist may prescribe one or more of the following to help the hair re-grow more quickly:
- Minoxidil: A hair re-growth medicine, minoxidil 5%, may help some patients re-grow their hair.
- Anthralin: This medicine alters the skin’s immune function.
Sir I have pimples on my face and this is the first time. After recovering frm pimples I have dark on my face. IIs there any medicine to cure this.
2. Regular facial massage is one of the best home remedies for forehead wrinkles. Face massage is also effective for reducing neck wrinkles, laugh lines, and crows feet. Face massage improves and maintain better circulation on your face, which strengthens and tightens the skin, removes wrinkles and sagging skin, and restores a younger looking appearance on your face.
3. One of the best natural treatments to remove forehead wrinkles for men is to prepare a facial mask made from small pieces of raw papaya and banana. Apply this paste on the forehead area to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
4. Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for forehead wrinkles and dark skin on forehead. For reducing wrinkles on face and dry skin on forehead, just apply lemon juice on the forehead. Your forehead skin will get fair gradually and the frown lines and furrow lines will begin to disappear after using this skin care treatment.
5. Applying aloe vera gel on the wrinkled forehead is helpful in keeping the skin well moisturized. This is one of the best natural remedies for forehead wrinkles that reduces deep forehead wrinkle and frown lines.