Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepika Chendrasekhar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika ChendrasekharYour feedback matters!
Sir mujhe apne aankho me pain hone lgta hain jb v main kisi ek hi jgah dekhte rhta hoon. To main iske liye kya precautions Kr skta hoon.
Is it true that drinking thyme seed water on empty stomach every morning can help weight loss. The recipe is as follows. Add 25 or 50 GM AjwAin seeds to glassful of water and let soak overnight : separate (filter - sieve) the mixture in morning and add 5 ml honey to the ajwain water and drink on empty stomach. Repeat for 45 days to shed up to 5 kg weight. I certainly across this on you tube. I am 70 ,a male weigh 67 kg and 5 ft 2 Inch height wish to lose 7-8 kg for longevity.
I am a 27 years old female (unmarried. Can I go for lasik surgery. I have long sightedness right eye with 4.25 and left eye 5.00. I want to know is it safe? And successful. Kindly reply.
It usually take 4 hrs to sleep after going to bed. Most of the time I feel sleepy but as I close my eyes I come across with nightmare and suddenly I woke up. So what should I do to overcome this horror problem?
While we usually consider the eye to be a single element, it does, in fact, have a number of smaller parts each which play a distinct role in helping us see. The retina covers more than half the interior surface of the eye and can be described as the light sensitive layer that converts light into optic signals that are then carried to the brain. Retinal detachment is a serious condition that causes the retina to be separated from the supportive tissue. If not treated immediately, it could lead to permanent blindness.
Retinal detachment can be passed down from one generation of a family to another and hence if someone in your family has suffered from this condition, you have a high risk of suffering from it as well. People who are severely near sighted or those who have suffered from an eye injury are also at a high risk of suffering from retinal detachment.
Retinal detachment is not a painful condition and may have no warning signs. Some of the symptoms of this condition include seeing flashes of light, floaters and darkening of the peripheral vision. An early diagnosis can help prevent blindness caused by retinal detachment. To diagnose this condition, the doctor will dilate the patient’s eyes and use a special tool to get a closer look at the retina.
The method best suited to treating retinal detachment depends on the condition of the retina and advancement of the detachment.
- Laser or cryotherapy: This may be used in the early stages of retinal detachment as an outpatient procedure. Laser therapy may also be used to treat retinal tears.
- Pneumatic retinopexy: This form of treatment can be used in cases where the retinal tear is small and can be closed easily. It involves injecting a small gas bubble into the eye. This gas then rises and presses itself against the retina thus closing the tear. Pneumatic retinopexy may be followed by laser therapy to seal the tear in place.
- Scleral buckle: This is a surgical procedure where the doctor will sew a sclera or silicon band around the white of the eye. This is invisible and gradually will push against the torn edges closer together till they heal. This may also be followed by laser therapy.
- Vitrectomy: Large tears may be treated with a surgical procedure known as a vitrectomy. This involves the removal of vitreous matter from the eye and its replacement with saline solution. This procedure may often be used in combination with any of the above forms of treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had laser before 10 days. Yesterday I went to hospital for checkup. Now my eyes are swelling and redness in both eyes. Is there any problem.
He had a accident &head injury near eye and got cured but after some months the eye seems 1 mm slipped inside the skull. Is there any treatment possible?
I have a severe Back pain for past one month with an eye pain and vomiting sensation? What may be the cause for it?
In order to see clearly, the eyes need to be constantly lubricated. This function is performed by small glands located in the eyelids known as meibomian glands. These glands secrete oil onto the surface of the cornea through tiny openings on them. Malfunctioning of this gland can create an excessive amount of oil.
When oil accumulates on the eyelids, it encourages the bacteria present in the eye and the skin around it to multiply leading to inflammation. This condition is known as meibomianitis. Adults are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to children.
Some of the factors that could trigger meibomianitis are:
- Allergic reactions
- Fluctuation of hormones associated with puberty and adolescence
- Acne and other skin conditions
- Lice or mites on the eyelashes
- Unsanitary contact lens solution
- Contaminated eye makeup
- Certain medications such as isotretinoin for acne that increases bacteria on the eyelids
- However, in some cases, a clear trigger factor may not be identifiable.
Some of the characteristic symptoms of this disease are:
- Dry eyes
- Constant watering from the eyes
- Inflammation and reddening of the eyelids
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Flaking of skin around the infected eye
- Heightened sensitivity to light
- Excessive blinking
- Crusting of eyelashes
- Blurred vision
- Frequent formation of sties
- Loss of eyelashes or abnormal growth of eyelashes
Regular cleaning of the eyes with warm water and abstaining from the use of contact lenses and eye makeup can help reduce irritation and manage the inflammation. Additionally, the doctor may also prescribe antibiotics or steroids in the form of pills, eye creams or drops. Artificial tears may also be recommended to patients exhibiting dry eye symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.