Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Chandru
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak ChandruYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 3.5 years old. She has severe chest congestion n cough. Earlier she had bronco pneumonia. Medicines are not effective for her now. It's been two months. Please suggest home remedy to get rid of congestion n cough.
1. Sinus and Homeopathic cure: Sinusitis is the inflammation or infection of one or more of the sinuses. It can be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, allergies or excessive nose blowing and results in the blockage of the sinus opening. Sinusitis can be acute (lasting 4 or lesser weeks), subacute (lasting 4 to 8 weeks), chronic (lasting beyond 8 weeks) and recurring (several attacks in a year).
There are different remedies available to treat the different symptoms of sinusitis, which work together to completely cure it by boosting the body's immune system without having any side effects.
Homeopathy for Nasal Polyps: Soft growths arising from the mucous membrane of the nose or paranasal sinus are referred to as nasal polyps and causes acute sinusitis. The most common treatment option suggested by a conventional system in nasal polyps is surgical removal. In most cases, nasal polyps reappear after surgery. However, surgery is a temporary fix since it does not address the body's tendency to form polyps. Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a permanent solution by treating the root cause.
Following six homeopathic medicines are usually recommended for nasal polyps - Lemna Minor, Sanguinaria Can, Calcarea Carb, Kali Bichrome, Teucrium, and Phosphorus.
2. Migraine and Homeopathic cure: A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well.
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
Dehydration is known to trigger migraines: Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body. Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraine. - Lack of sleep - Stress
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy:
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
Hello Doctors, Our friend having 3 months boy baby (Pre Mature Baby) and we are observing like past 4 days he is having issue with MOTION like unable to deliver motion so kindly request you to suggest. Tomorrow we are planning to consult pediatric doctor parallel. Thanks.
Hello Doctor, We are having our 6 months baby girl. Doctor prescribed UV vitamin tonic for my baby. My wife gave expired tonic to our daughter for around 10 to 15 days without noticing. Today only I noticed that. Expired date is June 2018. But it's almost July 16. Is that will give any side effects or harm to our child? Kindly help. We scared.
My query on Child vaccination. My child 6 week vaccination given painless DTAP, As I have came to know DTAP have low immunity builder so now on 10 week scheduled can I switch to DTwP.
During the first two or three days after delivery, thick and yellowish fluid is secreted from the mammary gland. This differs from the regular milk and is called colostrum. It is secreted in small quantity of about 10 to 40 ml.
- It is rich in protein.
- The total fat content of colostrum is less than mature milk.
- It has more amount of vitamin a and k.
- The concentration of lactose is also less.
- The levels of niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin and riboflavin are also low.
- Vitamin c is secreted at about the same level as in mature milk.
- Zinc content of colostrum is 20 mg/dl.
- Where as mature milk has 2.6 mg/dl.
The composition of colostrum is:
- Energy: 58 kcal
- Fat: 2.9 gm
- Calcium: 31 mg
- Phosphorus: 14 mg
- Iron: 0.09 mg
- Protein: 2.7 gm
- Lactose: 5.3 gm
- Carotene: 186 i. U.
- Vitamin: 296 a. I. U.
My son aged 3 & half years old often complains of pain in legs not necessarily both any calcium supplement would help. Otherwise he is active.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!