Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Chandru
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak ChandruYour feedback matters!
Sir, my wife is 22 yr old. We have a female baby of 2.5 year old.* she has inserted by copper t before 6 months .At present we are going for family planning by tubectomy. The people say after few years these ladies will suffer by by many diseases related to uterus etc. What may be the safety measure .please suggest.
My baby is suffering from dysentery frequently. Is there any permanent solution to get out of this.?
My daughter has thin hair, with moderately heavy volume in middle part of head. Hair are short and are at neck levels. Growth of hair is quite slow. We have tried quite a few homely methods and she is already having protein rich diet. But growth doesn't seem to be increasing. My hair are also thin if hereditary factors could be an issue. Can you please suggest some way to increase her hair growth and volume?
My son is 5 yes old he had viral fever last week but his fever was not down so my family doctor was giving him lumerax 40 12hrly but he was not not fine with that but now he is having abnormality in walking he cannot stand please help me.
Hi Doc. My son is 2 years old and he is still on breast feed during night. So I have started applying female solution every night on the breast so that he stops breast feeding because of its sourness. So is it ok to use female solution on daily basis. until he stops?
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.