Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepa M. Joseph
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa M. JosephYour feedback matters!
I smoke 5 cigarettes a day. I know that it is harmful. I heard that every smoker gets into lungs cancer is that true or it causes to only chain smoker?
My father has a tumor in their food pipe. Which is about 25 to 35 cm. Can you please suggest me what can we do.
I am 60 years old male and have prostrate gland since two years. Having no improvement I have decided to get homeopathic treatment. Any kind advice from home Dr. the type of home medicine?
My cousin is 27 years old and doctors of aiims declared that he is suffering from classic hodgkin lymphoma with imunopositive cd15, CD 30 and also told stage 4 .what should we do? please advise we are very depressed ,very tensed, kuch log khte hn chemo Mt krao kuch khte hn chemo hi iska sai ilaaj h, please koi kuch btaiye hum Kya kren survival chances Kya hn stage 4 lymphoma k y bhi bta dijiye please.
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.
Hi doctor, do x rays cause cancer ?I had a shoulder fracture and I was advised to get an x ray done due to human error x ray failed first time but second time it was done properly, again after 3 weeks of fracture I was advised to get x ray done and after 8th week again I was told to get an x ray here again 2nd attempt was successful. Over all I attended for 5 x rays in one and half month. Will it have any affect on body? Please advise. Also please suggest how to remove radiation from body?
Iam feeling uncomfortable while urinating. I feel like the bladder is not emptied, but when some force is applied under scrotum after urination again some amount of urine is ejected and inflammation in the urinary tract. Im suffering this problem from about 4years. Im HIV negative and I think I have prostatitis. Can someone help me out. Im struggling every day.
Breast cancer is on the rise largely due to changing lifestyle and dietary patterns among woman in urban india. With fewer women opting for babies and lactating for lesser time than their mothers, they are at a higher risk of facing this condition