Find numerous Acupuncturists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupuncturists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. DdYour feedback matters!
Many people said not to eat fish and meat together so there is any scientific reason not to eat dis.
Good day sir/madam. Iam kaviya, 22, (non-veg). During my blood test my hemoglobin content was only 7(red blood cell). This is very low. What type of diet I should take daily. What all food items should be added daily. Kindly help.
I have problem in weight ,my body is thin I want to gain weight .what should I take in food for gaining weight?
What is the meaning of this sentence" markedly increased scintigraphic activity noted in the medial aspect of the right knee joint. Suggested pathological correlation to exclude recurrence"
My age is 38 yrs. I am eating any time any items. But weakness is always in my body. I feel very tired? Why.
I Have Some Problem In My Knee During Walking. Some Kind of Sound From My Knees. I Feel Some Pain In My Knees. Can You Please Tell Me Some Advice.
I am 17 years old female teenager. I don't know why my weight gained from 45 to 55 in 1 year. Don't know what to do suggest me something.
Sir, my age is 20. I am working. This 2 years I have a pain in my back bones & legs. Feeling weak always. Please give a healthy food solution for me. & tell me a reason for a pain?
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size have become a common practice. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
While white meat still provides good health benefits, red is NOT RECOMMENDED!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 20 years old boy I am having 43 kg weight. I can use the supplements for gaining weight without gym or not.
I am not being able to gain any weight despite such hard work done by me. Please do suggest me in these matter. It would be thankful to you.
The obsession over getting the perfect body has gotten into everyone's psyche. Thanks to well equipped gyms and easily available home kits, this obsession is no longer a dream. But the gym trainers and bodybuilders suggest that in order to build muscles, following a healthy diet is also necessary. A healthy diet helps to develop the central muscle mass and burns the extra fat in the body.
Here is a list of foods you should include in your diet which will help you to gain muscle:
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in proteins and help in overall development of the muscles, making it a must have inclusion in your dietary regime. Also, the good cholesterol found in the egg yolks helps to prevent atherosclerosis.
- Nuts: Nuts such as cashews, almonds or pistachios are a perfect blend of fats, fibres, and proteins. Every ounce of cashew or almonds contains 150-170 of top-class calories. Daily intake in a small amount will help you to get the calories without any significant weight gain.
- Lentils: Lentils are useful to develop the central mass of the body. A cup of ready-to-eat lentils has a protein content of 18 grams and an overall content of 40 grams of top grade carbohydrates. A diet consisting of green salad, lentils and brown rice is recommended by gym trainers for the development of body muscles.
- Spinach: Spinach contains rich amounts of the amino acid called 'glutamine', which helps in the development of the lean muscles. Besides, a daily intake of spinach might also help to build the overall muscle strength of the body.
- Apples: Apples contain certain polyphenols which help to build the muscles and prevent any form of tiredness in the muscles. Also, polyphenols are also useful in burning the extra fat which makes it an essential fruit to have before workouts. If you are not comfortable with apple, you might also try oranges as your pre-workout fruit, which perform more or less the same function as apples.
Note: Besides the above mentioned ones, you can also include oatmeal, yogurt, organic milk, fat free chicken and beans in your dietary routine for muscle development, along with regimented body building schedules. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.