Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Dayasagar RaoYour feedback matters!
I have undergone CABG on 1st of December and I would seek your suggestion whether I can consume Hilsha fish?
High BP problem. How can be treatment this and which causes this ill and how to be protect this illness.
I am 55 years old and having knee pain for the last 6 months of so, I am also diabetic for the last 7 years and also suffering from hypertension. please tell me what should I do for knee pain & hypertension?
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.
I have been smoking for 2 years. I want to stop it but I can't help it. Some times it causes pain in chest. How can I be out from this bad habit?
The result of tsh= 5.170 (range. 550-4.780) but t3 and t4 are within the range mentioned. Wht does this mean. Do I have hypothyroidism and is there any need to take medicine. Also, wanted to know does this mean I have to take it lifelong. Pls guide.
I am aged 61 years female having total cholestrol 218, hdl 44, ldl 146, vldl 28, trig 140, ratio 4.9. 1. No bp & no diab.
I am feeling some pain in the right side top of the chest, near to shoulder. I feel like their is something in chest. Sometimes I feel like pain, but when I press their I Don't feel any pain. Is it gas problem or anything to worry?
I undergone coronary angiography/ angioplasty on 28th jun 2006 & coronary stententing TO. LCX (M), OM2 WITH KISSING BALLOON TO LCX (D) ON 30 -06-2006. The procedure was uncomplicated and well tolerated with good results I have back pain (probably Disc slip problem) Can I get M R I done up?
I am 64 years old. Height 173cm weight is 77 kg. Asthmatic from long time. Having High BP since 8 yrs. It's Continuously around 200/130. Done ECG and other test many times, nothing found. Now suffering from sleeplessness and cough. Taking Amlokind AT and minipress 100 for BP. What should do?
Well actually In my sputum coming with blood I have a pain in my left chest and I can't breath easy I felt like someone push my chest.
Here are causes, symptoms, treatment of angina and Heart attack