Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DanyYour feedback matters!
Hi, my father has got a sleeping apnea, means he dozes where ever he sits, even during work, he sleeps unknowingly, he developed big tummy. He is 55 years old. Please let me know what is the problem. Which specific doctor do I need to consult if necessary.
Hi this question is for my wife. From last few months she is feeling numbness in her wrist and that also few portion of her wrist (near palm, sometimes itching started and sometimes she feels that there is fluid and numbness. Please suggest.
I am facing numbness in hands and feet from last 6 months. Maximum problem is while sleeping. All blood results are normal and there is no deficiency. I have been prescribed several medications but all in vain. Even acupressure does not work. Please help.
My head is getting numb when it's too hot the climate. I took a CT scan already and the diagnose is only a sinusitis but until now my head is still getting numb every time I stay outside the house.
My father is suffering from Ataxia or parkinson. Can you please tell me whether he can be treated or not or treatment with stem cell is possible as his condition is not so good. His age is 65 years and following symptoms:- involuntary eye movements cannot speak cannot walk cannot eat and totally on bed from past 2 years. His disease started with trembling in hands past 13 years and then goes on increasing and then difficulty in walking started and then with no control on his speech and thereafter he started forgetting present things but remembering past and then slightly his conditions worsened and now he is completely on bed without any movement and not able to speak. He yawns properly but can't open his mouth for eating. He feels pains and have some sensitivity left and open his eyes but does not speak. Please help us if there is any treatment possible.
Sir I have severe migraine with gastic and biles problem. It is maximum during my mensuration with pain in lower abdomen. Some years ago I have operated for galblader stone. Right now I am taking pantop-d for gastic, vasograin for migraine 1/2 a day according to pain and avil 25 for biles(pita). Please suggest. Suffering from last 12 to 14 years, taken treatment from lots of doctors.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine-
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Hello doctor I have migration problem last one year I am 28 year old man what should I do please tell me doctor.
I am 39 years old. I am suffering from servical problem with numbness in left thumb from 3 months. These happened from bike skiting that was controlled by right hand but suddenly a jerk happened in the left side of neck. I felt this could be ok later and went to the barber who massaged the neck and the problem started from there. I went to the nuro doctor but his treatment was not satisfied. Now there is a pain in my waist also from two days. Please suggest me what should have to I do?
I am feeling numbness on my right hand for 3-4 days. Please help me understanding what could be my problem. Thank you.
Hi, I am 22 years old, I losses my sensing of touch on some parts of my left hand from elbow towards arm including my little finger. My skin was peel off in this part. I am suffering from same problem with my both legs since 3 months. What should i do?
I am having problem of insomnia, sleeps with great difficulty. In the night I unable to sleep despite trying hard I sleep for few hours which is also very late in d night. When I take alprax or typromer then I get sleep but next day I had a headache when I stop taking medicine the problem arises again. Please suggest homeopathic or ayurvedic treatment.
What are the clinical manifestation of parkinsonism, The person also have diabetes mellitus, hypertension, chronic kidney disease and congestive heart failure.
Sir, my dad is facing high blood pressure, diabetes and paralysis (faced in 2014, about 70-75% recovered) For diabetes having around 200 after fasting, using Glyciphage G2 tablet twice daily before breakfast and dinner For paralysis, ceruvin af 75*150 after lunch For blood pressure having around 140-80, using Cinod T twice daily after breakfast and dinner (half tablet) Is this proper treatment? Age: 55 yrs Height: 5.5" Weight: 84 kgs 75*150 after lunch For blood pressure having around 140-80, using Cinod T twice daily after breakfast and dinner (half tablet) Is this proper treatment? Age: 55 yrs Height: 5.5" Weight: 84 kgs.
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera ,asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.