Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Damera PraveenaYour feedback matters!
For the past 2 months, I am suffering from gum inflammation and lymphnode on my left cheek and have taken few antibiotics like Amoxylin, Roxy. OPG confirms nothing. Have applied dologel CT also but no cure. What to do? Is surgery required?
A dental implant is a titanium post which mimics the root of the tooth and it’s surgically positioned into your jawbone beneath the gum line. After the implant is positioned, your dentist mounts replacement teeth or a bridge to replace a tooth or teeth that have fallen off, into that area.
Implants are a very useful new way to replace teeth that have been lost due to ageing, gum disease or trauma.
The options which were earlier available to replace missing teeth were an ordinary bridge which was attached to teeth on either side of the space left by the missing tooth.
- A big advantage of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be chipped or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth or teeth in place.
- Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip. It gives you improved speech.
- An implant also is better for maintaining dental health as it does not have to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges.
- Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Implants also don’t come loose as dentures can.
Because implants fuse to the jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth. This means dentures and bridges mounted to implants don’t slip or shift in your mouth. This helps you eat and speak normally.
This secure fit also makes the dentures and bridges mounted over implants feel more natural than bridges or dentures.
Some people can’t get ordinary bridges and dentures because of sore spots, poor ridges or gagging and for them, implants are a heaven send.
Should you get implants?
You can only get implants if you must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. If your bone is too thin or soft you may have to get a bone graft first.
You should also be committed to keeping your implants healthy. For this, you should be committed to meticulous oral hygiene and regular dental visits as these will ensure the long-term success of your dental implants.
Two types of implants are considered safe by the American Dental Association. They are:
- Endosteal implants —These are surgically implanted directly into your jawbone. This is followed by a second surgery to connect a post to the original implant after the surrounding gum tissue has healed. And finally, an artificial tooth or teeth is attached to the post. This can be done individually or grouped on a bridge or denture.
- Subperiosteal implants — These consist of a metal frame that is fitted onto your jawbone. After the gums heal, the frame automatically becomes fixed to the jawbone. After these artificial teeth are mounted onto the posts, which are attached to the frame, and left to protrude through the gums just like with endosteal implants.
- Implants are very natural but they are expensive than other dentures or bridges, the other methods of teeth replacement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
2) Best way to prevent dental diseases is to get the preventive dental treatment done.
3) Decrease intake of sweets made from refined sugar.
4) Personally brush the teeth of your children on a regular basis.
I have chew tobacco for 7to8 years and my mouth has become small even I cannot put two fingers in my mouth what should I do to make my mouth normal as it was before.
I am having some teeth problem. Problem is regarding colour, and they are yellowish, my parents say that I was usually having fever in my childhood, some doctors are saying colour can only b changed only using artificial caps three thousand rs per teeth. What should I do.
I brush twice a day but still my teeth not getting whiten so say some natural methods to get whiten.
What is cause for "mouth ulcers" Is mouth ulcers are caused by acidity" Since one month I often get mouth ulcers on my lips ?I travel daily 2 to 3 hrs in bus in metropolitan city, so are this mouth ulcers are caused due to explosion of lips to fast air and dust? Can any one suggest me home remedies?
Hello doc, I am an 18 year old boy and recently a gumball on the right side of my gum (After the last teeth of lower gum) appeared which is always full of pus. This gumball has been for almost a month and doesn't heal. I sometimes smoke too. So I wanted to know is there a chance of gum cancer? And how long does a gumball takes to heal naturally. Should I consult a doc or will it be gone on its own. Thank you for your time.
I have sensitive in teeth and I used sensodine toothpaste but I'm not feeling comfortable to take sensodine toothpaste. What should I do.
Sir mere daato ke masudhe gayab ho rahe hai same k 4 daato ke (front lower) and 1 front upper. I am so scared. Please help me.
How do I know if I have gum disease?
Gum disease is generally painless, even though it damages the bone supporting the teeth. Gum disease (gingivitis) will usually show itself as red, swollen gums that bleed when you brush or clean between your teeth. Many people are worried when they notice their gums are bleeding and then brush more gently, or stop altogether. In fact, it is important that you continue to clean regularly and thoroughly if you are to fight the gum disease. If the bleeding does not go away within a few days see your dental team to ask for their advice.
4 month back my wife undergone some surgery and during that time she get HIV tested and it was negative. I have 13 years old son and after deliver she had Sterilization & We do not use any precautions. Now I am suffering from Night sweat from last 2 months. And one month back I also suffer with Ulcer on mouth (Lymphnode) and get treated in 10 days. I heard that these are HIV symptoms but I do not want to get HIV test because I am very afraid. My thinking that if my wife is HIV negative then is it possible that I am infected? Because we are not using precautions from last 12 yrs. Please advice.
I have bad breath. I also have swelling gums. I brush my teeth 2 times a day. Please help me get this swelling down and remover this bad breath problem.
A common question asked by parents about braces is at what age our kid should go for braces.
Orthodontic treatment is not just corrective. We can try to avoid malocclusion by various methods. One should take their kids for a dental check up every 6 months. Sometimes it is possible to do a little bit of treatment like extraction of milk tooth to avoid malaligned teeth.
If one has developed irregular teeth or forwardly placed teeth, the kid has to wait till all milk teeth fall. It is easy to put braces with that. Sometimes we have to remove milk teeth if it is not gelling at the right time.