Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.V.S. Rama Krishna Prasad
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. D.V.S. Rama Krishna PrasadYour feedback matters!
Patiently hears patients problem and advise best medicine
Sir I am 27 years old male. From past few days I am facing the following problems. 1) anus hole is paining during pooping. 2) even after pooping anus hole is paining and I am not able to walk for a 10_15 minutes after pooping. What happened to me? It is piles? Which tests should I undergo to detect the problem?
My son (2Y 8M, weight 17 KG & height 3 ft) seems to have tendency to touch his urinary outlet quite often over past 2-3 months. We give him plenty of water along with fruit juices, however, this took quite some time to subside. His urine routine & culture reports are also quite normal. What could have caused this?
I am 55 years old. I am having problem of urine. Urine comes after an hour. And I can't do urine excretion by standing. My ultrasound report is normal. No prostate problem. I have to sit for it. And I can't able to, or wanna eat more than 1 chapaati. I am not able to sleep from 5 nights. Please tell me the good satisfactory answer towards this.
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence
1. Stress incontinence- When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
2. Urge incontinence- When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
3. Functional incontinence- When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
4. Mixed incontinence- When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
1. You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
2. You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor
1. If this condition hinders your day to day activities
2. If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of urinary incontinence
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes fir temporary incontinence are :
Causes for permanent incontinence are :
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like
1. Skin problems- Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
2. Urinary Tract Infections- Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
3. Impact on personal and social life- Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
1. Lifestyle Changes - Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
2. Medications - Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
4. Surgery - If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment.
Types of surgery include:
1. Injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
2. Tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
3. Vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
4. Anterior or paravaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
5. Retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are -
1. Bulking material injections
2. Botulinum toxin type A
3. Nerve stimulators