Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. Shobha Reddy
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D. Shobha ReddyYour feedback matters!
Sir me and my husband both are suffering from ringworm since last six month n despite of having medicine it keeps on repeating. Please suggest some precautions or homeopathic medicine so Thant we can get rid of it.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet, I am not sure what else can I do, can you please help me with this.
Can dandruff lead to hairball. Is it advisable to use anti dandruff shampoo, serums daily? How to keep a clean scalp and prevent hair fall. Is hair fall irreversible?
Since two weeks my face has been covered with acne pimples or may be it's a allergy. Pimples on my face are very painful n I request you for a solution.
I have black marks on my forehead and top of my nose, and also every morning and night ie when I wake and go to sleep be be sneezing. Can you sent be the suggestion.
I am 25 year old I had black spots on my face. I had used so many creams but their is no result for the product so now what can I do?
Sir Dr. Ne mujhe minoxidil 5% tugain suggest kiya hai. Par e to male ke liya he. Me kya laga sakti hu.
Hi sir/madam I want to know about Glutathione . Is it safe and permanent ? Cost of infections and tablets ? Is Anybody can use it for improve skin color ? Recently I enquired a Dermatologist for improve Skin color, He suggested to me know about Glutathione before take injection or tablets. Please suggest me Thanks.
Dandruff is one of the most common chronic hair conditions. It is characterized by a white, flaky substance on the scalp. Dandruff is not a serious condition and neither is it contagious. However, people still want it gone so that their hair looks better. Here are the symptoms as well as the causes of dandruff.
- Skin drying up: Dry skin is the most common cause of dandruff. The flakes from dry skin are usually less oily and smaller than with other forms of dandruff.
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis: Dandruff can also be caused by oily irritated skin. In this type of dandruff, red, greasy skin has flaky white or yellow scales covering it.
- Infrequent shampooing: This is also a very common cause of dandruff. This is because oil and skin cells accumulate, thus resulting in dandruff.
- Malassezia: Malassezia is a yeast like fungus. It is usually harmless and stays on the scalp of most adults. However, it is worth noting that sometimes the yeast may irritate the scalp and cause extra skin cells to grow. The skin cells then fall off and become flaky.
- Contact dermatitis: Contact dermatitis is a sensitivity to health care products and when you use too much shampoo, hair styling products or other chemicals, such as paraphenylenediamine, the red, itchy, scaly scalp associated with dandruff is caused.
- Other skin conditions: There are many other skin conditions, which cause dandruff as well. These include eczema and psoriasis. Eczema is a chronic skin disease, which causes the skin to become inflamed. Psoriasis is another skin condition. It is characterized by thick scales forming resulting from rough, dry, dead skin cells which build up rapidly.
These are just the causes of dandruff. Now you will see how to identify when you have dandruff by learning about the symptoms of dandruff.
- The symptoms of dandruff are pretty easy to spot. All that happens is that you will see white, flaky, dead skin cells in your hair.
- It is sometimes accompanied by an itchy, scaly scalp.
- There is also a type of dandruff called cradle cap, which occurs in newborns. Just like dandruff, it is not dangerous and goes away when the baby is 3 years old.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!