Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. Shobha Reddy
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D. Shobha ReddyYour feedback matters!
I've scalp infection and used medicines (ointment, shampoo, tablets) prescribed by doctor by shaving off head, he said it was fungal infection. On my nxt appointment he said it was gone but asked me to continue those medicines for another 10 days and I used as prescribed by him. Now when my hair is growing am getting that problem again. Please I need help.
My friend has hair fall and asks me everyday to see his receding hairline even he has bald patches at his back and front receding hairline, he says that he wants to do a hair transplant I said to him hair transplants has side effects, is my suggestion proper.
I am 26 years old female. I never get pimples on my face till now. My face neither dry nor oily but my nose area of face become oily after I wake up in morning. I could not know which type of skin I have so never used any products on my face. Please tell me which type of skin I have.
I'm 22yrs old girl I'm going through the hairfall problem a lot mine center of the scalp I. E crowning part of the head has very much less hair their and I'm worried to it also I hv tried homoeopathy medicines bt no results found yet from. Pls suggest me what to do?
Hy, mam/ sir ^how to stop hair fall like last 2 months I'm suffering from hair fall please give me some advise.
Are you planning on undergoing hair transplantation because of extensive hair loss? A hair transplantation surgery is effective in making up your lost hair, but there are several facts you should know before undergoing the procedure. There are certain strict do’s and don’ts associated with hair transplantation, both before and after the process.
Before hair transplantation
- Wash your hair well before the surgery day on the morning of the surgery.
- Wear clothes which do not need to be pulled off over your head after the surgery.
- Arrange for transportation for going back home.
- Do not take aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medicines for seven days before the procedure.
- Do not consume alcohol, take vitamin B, E supplements for seven days before the surgery.
- Do not smoke for three days before, and on the day of the surgery.
After hair transplantation
- Remember all instructions given by the surgeon for care after the procedure. Although there are general guides for care, you should listen to your surgeon and his guidelines.
- Try keeping your scalp dry on the first day after transplantation, which enables your skin to heal.
- Keep your scalp clean during the recovery process. Soreness and numbness may be felt, and you should not put anything on your scalp that may cause side effects.
- Take proper care of your scar. Scarring and itching are likely and you should deal with these using topical creams prescribed by your surgeon.
- You may take painkiller medications to ease discomfort and pain, three to four hours after the procedure.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight immediately after the hair transplantation, and also for the next few days.
- Avoid touching or fidgeting with your grafted scalp. Picking and rubbing your sore scalp may cause the new grafts to fall out before getting the chance to grow.
- Do not take alcohol for the first five days after the hair transplantation procedure.
- Abstain from smoking for one month after the procedure as it disrupts the flow of blood to your hair follicles.
- Do not involve yourself in any form of sports activity or exercise right after the procedure. You may resume working out after a period of ten days, and you must wait for one month to get back to other physical activities and sports.
- Avoid engaging in activities which result in intense sweating. Sweating enhances the risk of infections to your grafted scalp. You should also avoid steam baths or sauna treatments for one month after the procedure.
In case you are a diabetic, you need to talk to your surgeon about ways of handling your diet and insulin management, before and on the day of the hair transplantation procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Lybrate | Dr. V.Shanmuga Sundram speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY