Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. D. Ragotham ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have a pain in my abdomen right as well as left sides. M not able to take deep breath in. If I run for one min almost I feel like dying and m able to take breathe properly.
Son is 15 month old .And feeling difficulty while taking breathe. Not able to understand if it's due to cold once tion or asthma. We parents dosent have asthma but grandfather have. So.wanted to take ad ice.
I have red eyes. I am suffering from fever also. And I have some headache and cough also. What will I do for that. I already consult the doctor but I'm not recover. please suggest me.
I am suffering from cough and sneezing from morning due to use of a hair dye. I often keep getting this situation. What should be done for this?
I am suffering from sinus problem since last 1 years as soon as dust or cold gets in conditions go bad is there any cure?
As I got an accident recently and now I have a tough pain in the lower right parts of ribs and nearby and it feels tough pain specially while coughing, sneezing or laughing. I feel hard while sleeping also and could not sleep two sided and should sleep only one sided. So, I want to know what may be the reason and how can we cure it?
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.