Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. D N DastoorYour feedback matters!
MY eye side was very weak. Due to use very much use pc. please tell me some treatment to avoid this problem.
How to reduce myopia. Please refer me some yoga, natural process or eye drop or good medicines on it. I have -1.75 LE and -0.75RE.
She has a pain in her right eye from about 3-4 months and because of which pain also occur in right side of the head. Pain is not so severe but it is irritable and because of which she could not concentrate on studies and other work. I have consulted her to one of the ophthalmologist J. P. Tiwari He has prescribed" Multivite FM Omega" capsule one time a day and" Lubistar CMC" Eyedrop 2-3 times a day. These two medication were prescribed by him about 2 months earlier on 05-02-2016. Today she has visited the same doctor and he has prescribed" ultracet" tablet half in case of pain and the same above medications to be continue for 1 month and told her to operate. He told her that she has a corneal scar in her right eye and needs to be operate. She neither has too severe pain that I thought needs operation. As anyone of us can have dirt and dust in our eye, I don't think it would lead to any such defect that needs operation I am so worried please help me what to do She has compound power in right eye. For Right Eye SPH -1.5 CYL +2.0 Axis 130° VA 6/6 For Left Eye SPH -1.5 CYL nil Axis nil VA 6/5.
My eye's water (V. H) is drying, I guess due to less sleeping. It feels very itchy. What should I do.
I am suffering from dust allergy and it affects my eyes. My eyes often go red and become ithy. How to cure this?
Sir, I'm using specs for past 10 years and want to get rid of them. Vision is constant for more than 2 yrs. Age 32. Spec no -2.5 Left & -2.25 right please advise some treatment and it's approx cost.
Hello sir I am having back pain since last few days. And also I am having ichness in my eyes. What to do.
Hello Dr. I am suffering from horrible dark circles can you pls suggest me 100% treatment for dark circles and my eyes are weak I am using specs for clear vision and in parties I am using contact lens. Can you pls suggest me good eye drop for eye pain relief while on job working on computers my eye are paining sometimes And watery also. Thank you pls reply soon.
Hi I am facing itching in my eyes from the past 2 days and more over runny nose with cough. Please let me know is that happening due to change in weather.
Sir I am suffering from headache. When I want to study then my head pain starts to pain. So I can not read. Kindly give me some advice for it. What is being with me.
In have an eye problem. My power of we is little bit low and I am wearing spectacle of high power and I want some help.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
4 effective tips for improving your eyesight
You'd be shocked to know that 1/3rd of the blind people of the world are Indians, which amounts to about 15 million people in India alone. Moreover, the risk of cataract is also high in India, with about 3 million people developing this condition, annually. Even the number of people with power in their eyes in India has gone up considerably. Thus, proper eye care is the need of the hour.
Here are some useful tips to maintain your eyesight, while improving your overall eye health.
1. Ensure that your eyes remain hydrated
You can do so by drinking the standard 8-10 glasses of water a day. Moreover, opting for a pair of sunglasses having a UV filter also proves to be useful in this regard. The reason behind is that sunglasses prevent the wind from robbing the moisture away from your eyes. Alternatively, you can ask an optometrist to prescribe a simple saline solution to hydrate your eyes and give them a soothing feel.
2. Don't keep looking at the computer screen continuously
Staring at the computer screen for a long time at a stretch can affect your eyes negatively. So, implement the 20/20/20 rule into your daily routine. According to this rule, you should remove your gaze from the computer screen every 20 minutes and then direct your vision towards an object kept at a distance of 20 feet for 20 seconds. This break helps your eyes to relax and refocus, consequently avoiding the occurrence of blurry vision.
3. Give your body a balanced diet and correct amount of sleep
Ensure that your daily diet contains green, leafy vegetables and fruits and food rich in antioxidants. These food products help in improving your vision to a large extent. Moreover, sleep for around eight hours every night to prevent eyestrain.
4. Make it a daily habit to perform eye exercises
The most effective technique to naturally improve your eyesight is performing eye exercises. Regular eye exercises not only enhance your vision but also give strength to your eyes.
Here's a simple exercise you can try. This works by applying heat to your eyes in order to relax them. For this, you can rub your palms together till they become warm and then place them on your eyes. Let your palms remain there for 10 seconds and then open your eyes.
It is also very important that you take care of your existing health problems like diabetes, hypertension, neurological problems or allergies and be regular with exercising such that it keeps your body fit and does not bear any impact on other organs like eyes.