Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D Hanumantha RaoYour feedback matters!
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
My baby (girl) is just one and half month old. Now she is given dexolac premium (other than mother' s milk). Should I continue the same brand for 6 months? or I can change it to nestle nan 1 or lactogen 1?
Hi My Daughter is one year old, the problem is she weighs only 9-9.5 kg, other growth parameters are ok and she is walking also now. Her intake is mainly milk and cerelac/semi solids/biscuit. THE PROBLEM IS SHE HAS TO BE FORCED IN EATING SOLIDS? SEMI SOLIDS AND HER APETITE IS ALSO POOR PLS SUGGEST HOW TO IMPROVE HER APETITE.
My friend is 17 year old. Recently she had pimples through out her face. I heard that if hormones changing in body then what to do to reduce it please suggest possible remedy.
I am having fever from last three days followed by headache and little cold and cough. Please suggest any medicine for this.
I have 4 year son. When he eats pomegranates fever come. When it papaya vomiting come. Frequently stomach pain and fever. Doctors and reports say everything is ok. Where is problem.
Hi my daughter is 6 years two weeks before she had stomach infection .so I took antibiotics . Then she got fine . Now she has cold .she has fever every night for few hrs temp varies from 99.5 to 101 pls advice .I am giving her fevago . Is there anything to worry ? Whole day she is fine fever comes only at night.
My baby s premature one 10 months old he fallen down hit his head left side it became has bump it feels so soft like tomato when I called my doctor he recommended plain crocin 5ml three times a day should I need to check day one he felt pain now he doesn't feel pain please suggest. Me.
My son age 1 year some time he is suffering from sudden congestion. Doctors giving it high antibiotics. What is the reason of sudden congestion (within 2 hours)? what is safe medication or safe antibiotics for him?
Whether water can mineral water is used to boil? Or not please give me suggestions I am using for my 6 month baby?
Good morning sir, my daughter was 11 years old ,she was toilet on the bed in sleeping position. What is the reason.
It is that time of the year when insects are all around. Suddenly one feels a buzzing sound or an itchy feel in the ear. To your horror, one feels a live insect is in your ear, which can be extremely annoying and is like a nightmare. Insects often get stuck when they enter our ears as they cannot fly or crawl out. They try to find their way out and their movements inside our ears can be very uncomfortable, painful and can be itchy as well. Moreover, they can easily produce infection.
In this scenario, do not try to remove an insect with cotton swab, tweezers or hair clip as it will make the situation worse and can lodge the insect deeper into the ear canal, which can possibly damag the eardrum, leading to permanent hearing loss. If an individual is not certain about the potential harm taht can be caused by the insect in the ear, one should seek medical care immediately. Insects in the ear are common reasons for visits to doctor's clinic, especially in children.
If one suspects an insect in ear, one may experience pain, swelling, blood or crackling. One may even feel biting, stinging, hearing loss or dizziness. It is best to stay calm in this situation as being active may lodge the bug further in ear or cause it to move further back or cause serious damage to the sensitive eardrum
One way to try to remove a bug in ear is by tilting the ear toward the ground and attempt to wiggle the ear. Grasp the earlobe and give it a wiggle. If the bug is not too far into ear canal, it may fall out on its own. If the bug is still alive and is not too far inside of the ear canal, it may simply come out on its own. If one stays calm and keep objects including fingers away from ears, it is likely that the bug will find its way back out of ear.
One can also try to flush the ear with warm water with a dropper or a bulb syringe. This can be done by holding head upright and stretching the ear canal by pulling the outer ear and then putting a steady stream of warm water into ear. Tilt head to the side to drain out the ear. Do not try this if one suspects that ear drum has been ruptured to prevent additional damage.
To avoid stinging or eardrum rupture from scratching or biting , one may use a drop or two of mineral, baby, or olive oil inside your ear canal to kill the insect. Finally, visit an ENT specialist doctor as they can remove the insect by special suction devices. Post insect removal, one must look out for signs of infection as swelling, dizziness, hearing loss, fever, and pain. Finally follow up with ENT specialist or Otolaryngologist for the final opinion.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.
I am Dr. my 6 year old boy his cavity problem last six months he was eating chocolate daily What should I do for him.
My daughter was always want to sip her fingers in her mouth. We tried to stop it many times. But we can't. Kindly tell why she s doing like this? & how to prevent this?
Health tips for kids that every mother should be aware of, to keep their children healthy:
You can't perform well when you don't feel good, true isn't. So the best way to improve child growth and performance is to make sure he/she follows healthy food habits at home. Make sure that your child eats plenty of salad and fruits along with regular meals.
In addition, right food combinations not only keep child healthy and active and also prevent many infections
It is really important to start the day with a healthy breakfast as after a night's sleep, our energy levels are really low. Breakfast refuels your body and gives you energy for the day. If our child had healthy breakfast in the morning, then he would feel energetic and will perform better in school.
Plenty of carbohydrates is just the ticket: try sandwich or bread, or corn flakes with milk or simply fruits.
Did you know that more than half of your weight is just water? so in order to be healthy, we need at least 7-8 glasses of liquid each day. So encourage your child to drink plenty of fluids. In addition, to water, you can give kids low-fat milk, buttermilk, fresh fruit juices and low-calorie beverages.
Our body needs around 40 different nutrients (such as vitamins and minerals) every day for good health. As there is no single food that contains them all, so it is important to balance our daily intake. The best way to stay healthy and get the right balance is to eat a wide variety of food each day.
A mother nowhere your responsibility becomes tougher, as you need to get more creative in cooking so that kids eat all varieties of food and have healthy snacks too.
Regular health check-ups of the child ensure child's well-being and also timely interventions can prevent a lot of health issues.
Make sure your child's immunisations are up to date. It is good that these days even schools are aware and they also ensure a child is immunised properly before giving admission.
Sleep is a vital need, as it promotes alertness, memory and performance. Children who get enough sleep are more likely to function better and are less prone to behavioural problems. A good night's sleep followed by food in the morning helps your child to stay active and concentrate better at school.
This generation is far more tech savvy than ours, nowadays even toddlers are well versed with mobile, tab functions. We can't completely keep them away from these gadgets.
But it is really necessary to cut back on their time for playing computer games and watching television before it takes a toll on their health.
Physical activity is really important part of child health tips. Encourage your child to get into some action each day like playing a sport or indulging in physical activity like running, swimming. For primary school children, 60 minutes of activity is recommended each day.
Hand-washing at regular intervals is one of the simplest and most effective ways to stay healthy. You can use hand sanitizers in case water is not available. School going kids can even keep sanitizers in their bag or desk. Teach your children to avoid sharing water bottles, food or other personal items, as these could be the source of infections in case other child is sick.
Also, ask your kids to cover mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing. Believe me, these general health tips for kids can avoid lot of infections and illness in children
Children learn a lot of things by imitating. Be it a toddler trying hands with father's shaving brush or a school going girl demanding for makeup kit since her mother uses that. Imitation and role modelling is quite common in childhood, so why not use it as a tool for introducing general health tips in children e. G- if you want your children to be more physically active then jump into action. You can play cricket, basketball with your kid. This technique will not only strengthen your bonding with the child but also child will develop tips for health easily.
Hi my son is 1 month old and he vomit milk frequently after every mother feeding. Kindly give me solution sir.
My baby is about 4 month and his weight is 6 kg according to his height, to mujhe baby ko kitne milk r kitne bar deni chaiye?
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.