Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.Giridhar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. D.GiridharYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 2 years old. 15 days back she suffered from vomiting and loose motion. Yesterday 15 days course of Lanzol Tab was completed .today her body temperature is changing hourly. Suddenly she becomes so warm suddenly she gets chilled. And now I giving her homeopathic medicine as our family doctor suggested to give her safe medicine. According to him she is having any sort of infection nothing else. She is teething also .this time molar teeth is about to be visible .i want to know whether its teething problem .or infection? She is not complaining about any sort of pain. Just body temperature is fluctuating.
A common scene" while you are shopping with your child, he stops in front of a shop and asks for an expensive toy. You try convincing him that he already has many. He refuses to listen, starts crying rolls over on the floor, you try to stop. You yell and shout at him but nothing seems to work. You finally buy the toy for him. Now he is happy!”
Are all kids stubborn?
Most kids are stubborn at times. This is considered normal in the first few years of life. However, if this behavior is persistent, then it calls for evaluation and introspection on part of the parents.
What problems can arise due to their stubborn behavior?
- A pervasive stubborn and adamant attitude in children can lead to the following:
- Increased anxiety and stress in the family
- Child may lag behind in academics
- Child can develop an understanding that through his behavior, he can get his way always
- Will have difficulty adjusting in school and with friends
- May develop a defiant and aggressive attitude
Is punishment an effective method?
Punishment works as a temporary method to stop stubborn behavior. However, it is not recommended always. First it is important for parents to understand reason for kids being stubborn.
What can parents do when child is in the midst of a tantrum?
When the child is in the midst of a tantrum, it is important that parents stay calm and composed. Time out, walking away from the situation, ignoring the child, till he gets out of it is the best solution.
What is a time out?
Time-out is a form of behavioural modification that involves temporarily separating a child from an environment where unacceptable behavior occurred. Time-outs may be on a chair, in a corner, bedroom, or any other location where there are no distractions, and reduced access to fun items, activities and people.
This procedure is preferable to other punishments such as reprimanding, yelling at or spanking the child for their misbehavior.
How much time can I give a time out for?
Time outs must be brief. A rule of thumb for time outs is" one minute per year of age, for example if your child is 5 yrs old, time out given maybe for 5 mins.
What is positive reinforcement?
Positive reinforcement is catching your child doing good and praising/ rewarding him for the same. It is an effective means to improve behavior in children. Set up a target for your child, give him stars on days when he meets set goals and at the end of the week, reward him with something that he wants. This is called behavioral charting and is very effective in kids.
Common parenting tips to be followed:
- Children learn by observing parents. Parents attitude and behavior influences child’s behavior in a major way
- Listen, don’t argue
- Stay calm
- Reinforce positive behavior. Catch your child doing any good and praise him for it. Let him know his good behavior is being noticed and appreciated, it will help to increase this behavior
- Ignore tantrums
- Understand your child’s behavior
- Do not give into his blackmailing
- Spend quality time with your children. Let them know you are available for them
- Be aware of your own emotions and actions
- Respect them
- Ensure your child is engaged and busy. Boredom many times can trigger tantrums
- As parents, understand the difference between needs and wants
Identify the antecedents to their stubborn behavior. Do not scold them or beat them, but be composed when you deal with them. Do not give in to their demands in the midst of a tantrum. Ignoring the tantrum is the best way out.
Most crucial aspect is to ensure that all members of the family agree on the same disciplining method. Convince all at home that being firm with the child when he throws tantrums is in the best interest of the child.
Disclaimer" the information is based on standard medical guidelines and is purely informative. Not to be used for treatment.”
My girl ten years old she is having tooth. Decay and sever pain in tooth give me some advice to me what should I do ?
My daughter is 20 months old. She is underweight. I wanted to know carnation instant breakfast can be given to her to increase her calorie intake and also how much to give her as she in no ways wants to eat.
How many times a nebulizer is given to a baby in a single day that can not affect the health of a baby?
My daughter is passing watery stool from yesterday. Till now 4 times. What to do because of this rashes are visible.
Hello everyone. I’m Dr Kriti Mathur, homoeopathic physician, practising in Gurgaon. I also provide psychological and nutritional counselling. Today I’ll be talking about behavioural disorders in children.
There are some children who are very active, they are hyperactive, and they just cannot sit idle in a place. They cannot sit in a place, they constantly start playing with their hands and constantly move their hands, or they start playing with whatever they can lay their hands upon. These children are inattentive, they just don’t pay attention in class, they’re physically present there, but their mind is elsewhere. They are unable to complete their tasks because they haven’t been paying attention to the instructions they had been given, they are disorganized and start losing their stuff. These children are also impulsive, they’ll unnecessarily disturb the class by asking irrelevant questions or they’ll ask very personal questions to their teachers, they’ll talk unnecessarily, disturbing or intercepting between other people’s conversations. So you might be getting a call from the school counsellor pointing out the symptoms.
So as a parent, we need to understand that this is not because of bad parenting or because your child is disobedient, but this is a medical condition which is called Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. As a parent, what we can do to help our child is:
- First to make a schedule for the child, give the instructions to the child in a very clear, concise language, simple language which the child can understand. Every time the child follows those instructions or completes his tasks, please appreciate him and in case he is unable to complete the task or he is unable to follow those instructions, repeat them, but do not scold them, it is not going to solve any problem.
- Secondly, you have to involve them in a number of tasks like sports, yoga, a place where they can use the extra energy that they have.
- About the diet, do not give sugar items, no chocolates, toffees, candies because that will give them a sugar high and they will find it difficult to consume that energy. It is better to give a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins so that the energy is slowly utilized.
Regarding the treatment, homoeopathic treatment is very effective, we provide constitutional treatment for these children. So if you have a child who has any of these symptoms, please feel free to consult me via Lybrate or you can consult me in my clinic at Sushant Lok, Phase 1 or Anahat at DLF Phase 3.