Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. D ChandrasekharYour feedback matters!
I used to have gas problem at day time as well as at night but at night it is more crucial what should I do.
I am 31 year old. I have suffering gastric and squeeze feeling stomach center point. What could be the cause ?
The human body with its multiple organs is a highly complicated structure and one or more organs often malfunction for various reasons. However, for some, no reasons are identified for this problem. One such is irritable bowel syndrome or IBS as it is commonly referred to.
It is a common disorder affecting the large intestine leading to alternate bouts of diarrhea and constipation, abdominal cramps and a feeling of fullness. It is common in people younger than 45 years of age, affects women more than men, and though the exact reason is not known, the following are attributed.
1. Signal issues between the brain and intestines: For various or even unknown reasons, the brain may not be able to send the right signal to the stomach to process food, making the stomach to be hyperactive and have an increased sense of pain or sensitivity or discomfort. Neurotransmitters, which are chemicals responsible for sending signals to various organs also could be involved.
2. Hormonal connection: Menstrual periods tend to aggravate symptoms of IBS, while postmenopausal women are largely free of IBS symptoms.
3. Genetics: People with a family history of IBS are more likely to develop IBS too.
4. Aggravating foods: Foods rich in carbohydrates, spicy foods, fatty foods, caffeine and alcohol aggravate IBS symptoms. Ability to absorb sugar could be a cause too.
5. Infections: Some people with IBS have certain bacteria identified in their gut which produces excessive gas and this could lead to altered bowel movements.
6. GI Motility Issues: Alterations in the way the food passes through the stomach can lead to either constipation (slow movement) or diarrhea (quicker movement). There could also be spasms and contractions after eating, especially if the stress levels are high.
7. Psychological issues: Panic disorder, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder are common in IBS patients. It is possible that they are not able to express their psychological stress, it manifests as physical symptoms. Stress increases symptoms of IBS and vice versa.
1. Manage stress: Meditation, yoga, support groups, medication and even hypnosis in severely stressed people helps control stress, providing great relief in IBS symptoms.
2. Lifestyle changes: Reduce alcohol and smoking
3. Dietary changes: Avoid aggravating foods, increase the amount of fiber if you have diarrhea and space out meals to avoid intestinal overload
4. Herbal remedies: Probiotics, peppermint oil and a variety of herbal medicines are available.
5. Symptomatic medications: Based on presenting symptoms, different medications including antibiotics for infections and motility drugs can be used. Anti anxiety and antidepressants are also prescribed to manage the psychological issues.
In terms of causes, symptoms, or treatment, IBS requires a very individualized approach and your doctor is the right person to discuss this with and decide. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
If stomach is fluffy and have back pain does it due to gastric problem. So what can I do to make my stomach light weighted and feel comfortable?
Dear sir I am from guwahati, and i have a problem related stomach. My food dont get digested as usually as it is done. Stomach remain bulged for long time and there is ejection of the acidified food content. What could be the solution for it?
I got blood in my poty when I travel for 8 hrs and I did not take rest fully then what should I do to stop bleeding please give me some medical advice so that I could get relax from this problem.
I have a problem of Indigestion and stomach is not getting clean properly and due to that I always have acidity in my stomach. Please help me with the medicine without any side effects. Thanks.
Always try to sleep in left side posture as it prevent the acidic reflex. So you will not be facing acidity due to reflex
I frequently hace stomach pain. I do not kmow is it because of gastric or something esle. When I visited a doctor today he gave me pulsatilla 200 and Hydrastis Mother as the medicine. But even after takingnit twice I am. Still having pain. Please give a solution fast.
Dear sir or madam I am 26 year old male. I am suffering from. Anal problem. 2 months back the blood falling from anus while going motion. And I took treatment for that now days it is cleared no blood falling. My question is, in my anal some pain is there while sat on chairs. And also swelling is there while I was in motion. I consult a doctor a week a back, a doctor told some problem is there like fissure. What treatment should I take?. Which types of food should I take? What about non veg. Please give me answer. How avoid these type of disease by foods. Thanks by Sukesh.
I am 19 year old and my health is very bad. I am very thin. And I want to increase my health. And I more problem I have is warm are always in my intestine after taking many medicine. What I should do.
My wife gave birth by c-section, 5 days. Today she has a very much pain in her abdomen. Pain killer has been given, but pain doesn't perish. Please advise?
Sir pet m gas ho ja rha hai or sari se m bilkul fit hu Sammy pe fresh bhi hota hu Subah running pe bhi jta hu phir bhi.
1. Start your day with a glassful of warm water mixed with one tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can also add half a tablespoon of honey to it. Lemon juice acts as a purifier and reduces ama in the alimentary tract.
2. Lassi or buttermilk is excellent for digestion. It improves the digestive flora without hindering the microcirculatory channels of the human body. Buttermilk is best taken during lunch, it should not be consumed after sunset.
3. Have a small slice of fresh ginger with very little freshly squeezed lemon juice. It helps in stirring up the digestive fires and enhances appetite before meal time. If you find it difficult to eat ginger directly, then squeeze out ¼ teaspoon of ginger juice and mix it with ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and have this mixture about half an hour before meal time.
4. Never skip breakfast. Have fresh fruits, boiled vegetables and cooked cereal in breakfast. This is light for the stomach and helps in keeping the digestion fires alive and active all through the day.
5. There are some spices with aids digestion, try to include them as ingredients while cooking your meal. Spices such as turmeric, coriander powder, dried ginger, cumin and ajwain aids digestion as well as helps in flushing out toxins from the body. They also help in better absorption and of nutrients. There are some foods that are difficult to digest, like lentils, they must always be cooked along with above mentioned spices to prevent flatulence.
6. Most people are addicted to caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee. Try to replace them with herbal teas. Start having a fragrant fennel tea after you have you lunch to improve digestion. If you find fennel good to taste, then chew some seeds after you have your meal.
7. Avoid having snacks between two meals. Your gastrointestinal system needs time to rest as well as recharge in between meals as well as after a meal. If you really feel the need to snack in between then have only fresh fruits as they are easy to digest. In Ayurveda fruits are not recommended after sunset.
8. Have soaked grains, seeds, nuts as well as lentils in warm water for about half an hour to an hour. This makes them simpler to digest.
9. You must eat heavy food items such as cheese etc during lunch meal. The digestive fires are most active during the daytime, they start going into slumber by nightfall.
10. Ice or cold drinks douse the digestive fires, must avoid them at all times. You can sip warm water or water at room temperature throughout the day. It is believed that warm water is exceptionally good for the stomach, it aids digestion and purification.