Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.Anitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D.AnithaYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My wife is 37 week pregnant, age 32yrs, and this is our second baby. Our first baby is a girl of 7 yrs, normal birth. Now her BP is 140/80 and in urine test albumin is present which is one. Her doctor is suggesting for a c sec next week as she is suffering from high BP, but we want to wait for the due date and prefer normal vaginal birth. I want to know that is she is in such complicated condition that she has to go for a c sec?
I'm 19years old, I weigh 90kgs I have pcod I'm not on any medication for it, as of now. I am recovering from an ACLT surgery. (Knee ligament tear) so I can not gym or do any vigorous excersizes. What are my options to lose weight ? Cause I'm now just frustrated by it.
Hi Dr. My baby is now 12 days old. But I am experiencing pain while breast feeding. What should I do?
कीगल एक्सरसाइज और उसके फायदे
कीगल एक्सरसाइज पेल्विक एरिया में रक्त के प्रवाह में वृद्धि करके पेल्विक की मांसपेशियों को मजबूत रखता है। जिससे इसकी संवेदनशीलता में तेजी आती है। और यह अनुभूती उत्तेजना और आर्गेंज्म में मदद करती हैं।
कीगल एक्सरसाइज की खोज
डॉक्टर अर्नाल्ड कीगल ने इस एक्सरसाइज की खोज की है। यह एक्सरसाइज गर्भवती महिलाओं की मूत्र असंयम को नियंत्रित करने और बच्चे के जन्म के बाद जल्दी ठीक होने में मदद करती है। लेकिन पिछले कुछ वर्षों में यह बात साबित हुई है कि कीगल एक्सरसाइज पुरुषों की समय पूर्व स्खलन की समस्या को कम करने और महिलाओं की श्रोणि की मांसपेशियों को मजबूत बनाने में भी मदद करती है।
कैसे करें कीगल एक्सरसाइज
पीसी मसल्स, पैरों के बीच पेल्विक के पास स्थित होती हैं। इसे करने के लिए अपने घुटनों को मोड़ कर आराम की स्थिति में बैठ जाए। अब आप ध्यान केंद्रित करके पीसी मसल्स को टाइट करके संकुचित करें। इसे 30 से 50 बार दोहराये। पूरी प्रकिया के दौरान स्वतंत्र रूप से सांस लें। इस एक्सरसाइज को करने के दौरान 5 सेकंड के लिए संकुचन करें और फिर 5 सेकंड के लिए आराम करें। धीरे-धीरे इस समय को बढ़ा कर 10 सेकंड कर दें।
ज्यादा न करें कीगल एक्सरसाइज
कीगल एक्सरसाइज को खाली जगह पर ही करें जैसे बेडरूम या बाथरूम। एक्सरसाइज के दौरान पेल्विक एरिया की मांसपेशियों को स्क्वीज करें और तीन की गिनती करके उसे रोकें। ध्यान रखें कि इस एक्सरसाइज को ज्यादा करने के लिए अपने आपको न धकेले, उतनी ही करें जितना आप आराम से कर सकते हैं।
कीगल एक्सरसाइज के दौरान सावधानी
कीगल एक्सरसाइज को भरे हुए ब्लैडर या मूत्राशय के दौरान न करें, क्योंकि ऐसा करना आपकी मांसपेशियों को कमजोर कर सकता है और ब्लैडर को अधूरा खाली कर देता है। जिससे आपको यूरीन मार्ग में संक्रमण हो सकता है।
सेक्स लाइफ बेहतर
कीगल एक्सरसाइज करने से आपके यौन अंगों में रक्त के प्रवाह में सुधार होता है। जिससे पेल्विक एरिया की मसल्स मजबूत होती है और आपकी सेक्स जीवन में सुधार होता है। आप अधिक सुखद और आर्गेज्म की प्राप्ति आसानी से कर सकते हैं।
पूर्व स्खलन की समस्या
कीगल एक्सरसाइज से पुरुषों के हिप्स की मांसपेशियां मजबूत होती है। जिससे पुरुष जल्दी डिस्चार्ज होने की समस्या बच सकते हैं। और आप देर तक सेक्स को एंज्वॉय कर सकते हैं।
I have stomach pain and soiling at periods time what will the problems arrival and what should I do for be safe and give me precautions Also.
I'm trying to conceive a baby but since last one month my wisdom tooth is giving me lots of pain because of cavity. My dentist told me I have to extract the tooth, he also said if I'm undergoing any treatment for conceiving I may not undergo extraction of the tooth now instead he gave me some medications. I wanted to know whether this medications known as Diclomol or axl will be harmful for my ovulation cycle or affect my conceiving.
I am unmarried. I missed my periods on june, july an august and again october and november. Is it related to my fats?
NUTRIKALP WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC
Hello Sir, Mam meri wife virgin hai to main ek finger se fingering karta ho to usse meri partner ko dard hota hai isliye main Dar gaya ho aur yeh pain kabtak rahega kya yeh harmful hai meri wife k liye please suggest me what should I do?
Inability or absence of successful peno- vaginal intercourse in a couple.
About 15% of couple have problem of Unconsummation though they can have orgasm by masturbation or by oral stimulation of the genitals. It is not so common in the west, be for social and cultural reasons. The longest duration of Unconsummation seen was for 9 years.
The commonest cause of Unconsummation is ignorance about the sexual act, though sexual aversion, rigid hymen, atresia of vagina, trauma, infection and sexual dysfunctions like impotence, premature ejaculation vaginismus, dyspareunia, etc. and up in Unconsummation of marriage.
Attention is mainly focused here on the Unconsummation due to ignorance about the sexual act. The other conditions responsible for Unconsummation are managed by treating the cause.
1. sexuality is a basic instinct in the animals for reproduction and propagation life. Unlike the other animals, sexual behavior in the human being is the outcome of learning and conditioning. Sex being a very private issue and considered as a taboo, there is hardly any opportunity for learning the intercourse. therefore ignorance, myths and misconceptions about sexual act prevail.
2. All the quadruped and biped animals perform coitus by the rear entry, while human being is the only animal doing intercourse in a face –to – face position.
3. the act is done in the dark.
4. the vaginal opening and its direction are not visible externally.
How the problem presents?
Unconsummation is more common in urbanized and well- educated clients. They are normal in every respect except for their ignorance about the sexual act.
1. The client complaint may come for the guidance saying, I don’t know how to do intercourse. Please help me.
2. The chief complaint may be, I can’t penetrate.
Perhaps he tries at the wrong site or in a wrong direction; or she may be having vaginismus.
3. Some men may not know that they have to do pelvic movements after penetration.
4. Woman keeps her legs straight
This can be an important statement by the client giving a clue to the diagnosis. This COITAL position there is no proper alignment between the direction of penis and vagina; therefore penetration is not possible.
5. My penis is not hard enough for penetration this could be the complaint. The female might not have been sufficiently stimulated through foreplay. Nature has designed the structure of the vagina in such a way that man gets maximum rigidity of penis in the vagina and then only he can ejaculate.
6. Man may lose erection after trying at a wrong site ( at urethra or at clitoris) for a long time and blame himself. In such case, woman may complain of pain during the coital act.
7. If the women has vaginismus, man may not be able to penetrate. He may lose erection and label himself as impotent.
8. All the semen comes out
This is the complaint by the women when the man ejaculates on the vulva instead of in the vagina.
9. Women complaint of primary infertility. To the surprise of the examiner, the hymen may found to be in fact proving Unconsummation. Till this fact is brought their notice, they feel that they are doing the coitus in a perfect way.
1. The couple may continue to do intercourse in a wrong way without being aware about Unconsummation.
2. Women may complain of pain during the intercourse
3. Man way lose the erection after trying intercourse unsuccessfully at a wrong site for sufficient length of time. He may think himself suffering from impotence.
6. Marital conflict/ divorce
1. history is most important.
Foreplay : yes/no
Erection of penis in man and lubrication of vagina in women : Yes/No
Women flexing her hips during coitus in missionary position : Yes/No
Site & direction of penetration : Right/ Wrong
Pelvic movements: Yes/No
Illumination in the room: Yes/No
2. In every case of impotence and infertility, Unconsummation should be ruled out.
3. Women sleeping in the supine position with legs straight on the bed during the intercourse should make the clinician suspect Unconsummation.
4. Genital Examination:
Presence of hymen in the married female .
Only one finger dilatation of vagina
Presence of smegma on the glans/coronal sulcus in the male
Painful retraction of prepuce (or phimosis) may be an accidental finding.
5. Post-coital Test: Absence of sperms in the sample.
1. Both the partners should attend the counselling session.
2. Anatomy of male & Female genitals should be explained to them with the help of clay model, charts or slides.
3. Examination of the genitals:
One finger PV examination of the females should be done in the presence of the male to enable him to understand the site and the direction of the vaginal barrel.
4. The following instructions will help the couple in overcoming Unconsummation.
For the couples who sleep on the floor.
Lights should be on or the coitus should be done during the day.
The couple should engage in foreplay till he gets erection of penis and she gets lubrication of vagina.
The female should be in a supine position on the bed, with a pillow under her buttocks, and with her thighs flexed and abducted at her hips. This rotates her pelvis and brings her vaginal opening accessible for the penetration by the male.
The male should squat on his heels ( vajrasan or Namaaz Position)
Between her thighs. In this position he being perpendicular to her body is in a position to locate and align his penis with the vagina which is at the lower end of vertical cleft, and in upward and backward direction.
Then he advances towards her that his right thigh is under her left one , and his left thigh is her right one. On reaching near her vulva, he separates the labia by his left hand and inserts his penis by his right hand. In the event of difficulty, the female should help him with her hand in guiding the insertion penis.
Supporting his body on the knees and holding her thighs by his hands he makes to and for movements of his pelvis till he ejaculates in the vagina.
For the couples who sleep on the cot: (T position )
Light should on or the coitus should be done during the day. The female sleeps on the cot in a supine and slide down till buttocks are on the foot end the bed.
She flexes and abducts her thighs, and the male kneels on the floor between her thighs, supporting his knee on the pillows so as to align his penis with her vaginal opening. In this position the male is perpendicular to the female.
The advantages are that he can see the external genitals of both and maneuver the penetration, can make pelvic movements by holding her thighs, and can stimulate the clitoris simultaneously while doing intercourse.
The success rate is high. once the couples learn the coital act they simply wonder as to how they could miss such a simple and universal procedure
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
Risk factors for allergic rhinitis
Allergies can affect anyone, but you’re more likely to develop allergic rhinitis if your family has a history of allergies. Some external factors can trigger or worsen this condition, including:
- Cigarette smoke
- Cold temperatures
- Air pollution
- Wood smoke
Ayurvedic concept of rhinitis:
As per Ayurveda, Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata- Kaphaja pratishaya. The concept of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara also predict the allergic conditions.
Ama is the product of impaired digestion and metabolism. It affects Rasa and Rakta Dhatu leading to manifestation of Pratishyaya. Wrong food combinations (Virudh aahar) having antagonist properties like fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc. leads to allergy.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment for allergic rhinitis:
- If the symptoms are severe and in chronic conditions, Vamana Panchakarma treatment, followed by Virechana is administered. This helps to relieve Ama and balance Tridosha.
- In some cases, where the patient has normal digestion strength, Nasya treatment (nasal drops therapy) is administered with herbal oils such as Anu taila or Shadbindu Taila.
- After the above Panchakarma treatments, Ayurvedic medicines are administered to improve respiratory immunity and strength of upper respiratory tract.
Useful Ayurvedic medicines in treating allergic rhinitis:
- Nimbarajanyadi tablet – Contains neem and turmeric as main ingredients.
- Chavikasavam – Fermented Ayurvedic liquid, also used in urinary tract disorders.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – Also useful in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, Sinus, non healing wounds, etc.
Other medicines: Narada lakshmi vilas rasa, Anand bhairava rasa, tribhuvan kirti rasa, shringarabharaka rasa, Mayur shringa bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Lavangadi pills, Sitopaladi choorna, Marichayadi yoga, vyoshadi pills, Khadiradi pills are suggested.
- Take – Light food, lukewarm water, Kapha nashaka foods like little spicy food, saindhav salt, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid – heavy food, fermented food, congestive food, too hot or too cold food, soar food, non vegetarian food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, deserts, cakes, yellow grams, etc.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.
Here are causes, types, tests and management of Infertility.
Hello, good afternoon my name is Dr. Hitu Madan. I am a gynecologist practicing in the old part of Gurgaon. I am attached to many hospitals and corporate hospitals also. Today the topic of discussion is Infertility. The most common problem encountered nowadays. Infertility is basically a failure to conceive within one year of regular unprotected intercourse. However, there are many causes of infertility but the prime factor which I involve are the male factors which encounter for the 40 percent of the causes and the female factor 50 percent and 10 percent may be the both the causes or rest of the 10 percent may be the idiopathic causes.
Infertility is mainly of two types. Primary infertility and secondary infertility.
Primary infertility is the one in which the female has never conceived and the secondary infertility is the one in which the female has conceived once thereafter subsequently she is unable to conceive. There are many factors involved in this. The things which we have to evaluate in this is the male factor and female factor the both. The male factor only the one thing major included is the sperm count and the volume of the seminal fluid. Basically the motility of sperm is seen in this.
The other factors may be the anatomical disturbances and may be the difficulty in sexual intercourse and drug induced fertility may be there, alcohol induced and there may be some of the unknown causes. In female we see for the anatomical causes, the wearing causes and lastly the infection. The basic importance lies in the examination. The female has to be thoroughly examined to see any anatomical abnormality or any other abnormal dysfunction mainly related to the menstrual cycle. In males we have to go for semen analysis, urine routine and blood sugar for the baseline studies. In females we go for the ultrasound, the thyroid function test, prolactin, blood sugar test.
The other causes are to be ruled out as per the examination the problems are found. Regarding the management of infertility well you have to go as per your doctor and the other things which are to be seen are you should maintain and have a healthy lifestyle and control your weight and you should undergo the proper tests as per told by your doctor and most of the cases conceive only with the initial management only and baseline management only. But the cases which are not treated with the baseline things they might have to undergo surgeries and in the last resort they might have to go for IVF also.
If you have any other query or any other information you want to get from me you can consult me on lybrate.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend after which she took an iPill. 5 days later she started bleeding, which I believe is withdrawal bleeding. Does that mean the pill was effective? Also is unprotected sex safe while she has withdrawal bleeding? Please help.
People who had most of their daily exposure to even moderately bright light in the morning had a significantly lower body mass index than those who had most of their light exposure later in the day.
"The earlier this light exposure occurred during the day, the lower individuals’ body mass index," said co–lead author Kathryn Reid, research associate professor of neurology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. "The later the hour of moderately bright light exposure, the higher a person’s BMI."
The influence of morning light exposure on body weight was independent of an individual’s physical activity level, caloric intake, sleep timing, age or season. It accounted for about 20 percent of a person’s BMI.
"Light is the most potent agent to synchronize your internal body clock that regulates circadian rhythms, which in turn also regulate energy balance," said study senior author Phyllis C. Zee, M.D. "The message is that you should get more bright light between 8 a.m. and noon." About 20 to 30 minutes of morning light is enough to affect BMI.