Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Chauhan ShilangiYour feedback matters!
Sonia (name changed) suffered from acne vulgaris for last 2 years, making her miserable, as visits to college were quiet embarrassing. She has become depressed and irritable listening to the advises of friends and relatives. She has stopped going to parties and other social gatherings. She has tried many treatments, used lotions, astringents, but to no avail. It has been estimated that 70% of the population have some clinically evident acne at some stage during adolescence.
Hormonal changes at puberty seem to trigger the condition. Hormonal imbalance causes abnormal quality and quantity of sebum. Increased sebum secretion and formation of horny plugs (comedones) are the earliest abnormalities. Increased sebum secretion makes the skin greasy (seborrhoea). Blackheads and whiteheads (comedones) usually accompany the greasiness. Comedones are horny plugs composed of follicular debris and compacted sebum. There is no truth to the myth that comedone represent a tiny worm. Visible comedone can be expressed out by pressure on surrounding tissue, but they form again within a few days. Inflamed reddened papules develop from blocked follicles. Sometimes they develop pus-containing vesicles at their top (pustules). In some cases, papule becomes quite large and very unsightly and is called nodule. When these nodules eventually subside, they leave a fibrotic scar, which may turn hypertrophic (keloidal acne).
The face - particularly the skin of cheeks, lower jaw, chin, nose and forehead, front side of chest, shoulders and upper back are the commonly affected sites. The condition varies in severity and intensity among individuals. For most, disorder is annoying and troublesome but may be limited in extent and may last for few months. For few, it may be a disaster as it disfigures them and wave after wave of new lesions is quiet disheartening. In some women, premenstrual flare is noticeable. Use of cosmetics can also precipitate acne formation. Constipation and food aggravations may accompany acne.
Patients contact homeopath in two distinct patterns:
- When the problem has just started - and underlying hormonal imbalance and associated conditions appear to be minimal, homeopathic treatment relieves the condition in a short span.
- When the problem has lasted for quite some time, many treatments-local applications have failed, patient has become depressed, hormonal imbalance and other associated problems like constipation etc are also there, prolonged homeopathic treatment is needed to gradually set right the imbalance. As the treatment progresses, size, number and frequency of new lesions decline and other associated conditions improve. Food aggravations should also diminish.
- Use of cosmetics and other local applications should be avoided. If the face is excessively greasy, washing the face with a simple soap twice or thrice a day is enough.
- Try not to express out lesions as this may lead to pitting marks. Though total removal of pitting marks is impossible, but it has been seen that proper homeopathic treatment may help diminish the pitting marks. Patience and perseverance pays.
- A close photograph of the lesions at an interval of 3 to 4 months may prove helpful to make a thorough comparison of the improvements.
- The added advantage is - overall increase in immunity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My friend got some weird ring worm infection below his belly n near thys n has saviour itching also watz the reason please tell any reason for it he is facing saviour itching.
If your dog develops signs of pet atopic dermatitis, like rashes, pustule, pink or reddish discoloration of skin or in patches he or she should be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible. Steroids or anti-itch shampoos can help relieve the itching in the short-term, and antihistamines or fatty acid therapy can get the allergies under control for a period of time. Have preventive measure as moist season is coming using antiallegic shampoo weekly and clean paws before and after a outside walk with potaasium permangnate solution every time.