Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chary A. K
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chary A. KYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old suffering from black spots in the sides portion of nose. I am suffering from this from last 5 months. This look very embarrassing. I tried all homemade remedy but didn't get the results. please tell me any remedy.
My daughter is very itchy every night. It started when she was 1 with very bad rashes all over her legs. Doc said her skin is too sensitive n dry. And nothing else. Now she is 3.5 years old. The day I give her anti allergy she is ok. Montek lc kid/zyrtec etc. I have tried. But the day I don't give she is very itchy. N I have to scratch her for 20 mins every night. Someone suggested she cud be allergic to milk. But she loves milk. Do you think that cud be the reason. What else can it be.
I am a 20 year old male and have acne and dark spots on my chin and forehead. Please recommend me a nice cream or any thing so that all the dark spots should vanish.
After a long vacation. My face hands neck have super tanned. & become very dull. Kindly suggest me what should I do.
When the natural moisture content of your skin begins to dry up, you experience dry skin. Although it is a temporary skin condition which occurs mainly during the winter or in a generally dry climate, for some people, it could be a problem for a lifetime.
Naturally dry skin tendencies v/s drying of other skin types
Naturally, the water content of a healthy skin is around 10 to 20 percent. This natural moisture level can dwindle due to many factors and the skin may show signs of drying. Thus you may end up getting dry, flaky, itchy and lifeless skin. People with naturally dry skin experience 75 percent more water loss than normal skin. Since the skin loses water and sebum (the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands within the skin), the topmost layer of the skin begins to dry. As a result, the top layer starts peeling away. These skin peels are called flakes.
- You can experience dry skin due to excessively cold weather, which in most cases is accompanied by a lack of humidity.
- Again, if your skin is exposed to too much heat or skin drying conditions like sauna baths or prolonged hot showers, you experience dry skin.
- Applying skin cleansing materials or chemicals can also make the skin dry.
- Some internal disorders like illness or infection can make your skin dry.
When you have a perennially dry skin, you should moisturize it daily to keep it hydrated. You should consult a dermatologist for picking out the right skin cream for your skin. The appropriate moisturizer, if you have very dry skin should be oil or petroleum based. When you purchase the prescribed moisturizer or lotion, make sure you buy something which contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. Since these moisturizing agents aren’t water based , they can lock in the skin moisturizer effectively.
Advantages of moisturising regularly
- Dry skin is prone to wrinkle formation – When you moisturize daily, the collagen levels of your skin are restored, which can then effectively fight wrinkling and aging of your skin.
- Prevents flakiness – Since the upper layer of your skin starts peeling off, your skin may appear dull, lifeless and flaky. The condition worsens when there is a cold weather outside. Moisturizing your skin daily will make your skin get a natural glow and stop flaking form occurring in the first place.
- Reduces itchiness: Moreover, daily moisturizing will make your skin less itchy.
- Moisturising reduces the negative effects of makeup: Not moisturizing dry skin will make it look less hydrated. Applying makeup on your dry skin directly is the worst thing you can do. This may spoil your makeup and make it look creasy and broken. Thus, you should keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturiser regularly.
A healthy skin can slow down the aging process and prevent skin problems. Diet and exercise are key factors that keep the skin healthy. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
Given below are 6 ways to keep the skin healthy:
- Regular exercise and Hydration: Regular cardio exercises such as jogging and swimming pump the blood that carries nutrients and oxygen to the skin. Exercise causes loss of water in the body which needs to be replenished. Water keeps the skin healthy and prevents skin problems such as acne and dry skin.
- Sun protection: Constant exposure to sun rays can cause a host of skin problems such as skin cancer, wrinkles and age spots. The main culprits are the ultraviolet rays of the sun which can cause damage to the skin when it is exposed. Using sunscreen and wearing full-sleeves can help protect the skin against UV rays.
- Intake of antioxidants: Exposure to sun, pollution and other environmental factors give rise to free radicals in the skin. These free radicals damage cells in the skin by oxidation. Foods rich in antioxidants such as fruits and vegetables can limit the damage caused by free radicals.
- Stress management: Stress can trigger the skin sensitivity which causes it to be acne prone. Thus managing stress is beneficial for maintaining a healthy skin.
- Smoking: Smoking narrows the blood vessels in the skin that deliver oxygen and nutrients. Hence, it should be avoided to stay clear of these problems.
- Collagen supplements: These collagen supplements, especially in peptide form, reduces wrinkles considerably and keeps the skin firm and resilient.
In case of a concern or query, consult an expert & get answers to the questions!
I get anal fissure over and over again and again in few months and it pains badly what to be done for total liberation from the problem?
Home remedies for dark circles under eye
Here are a few home remedies for dark circles under eyes.
Use almonds –
The nourishing properties of almond make it very effective in reducing dark circles. Almonds contains a high amount of vitamin e, which is really good for the skin. You can use almonds in oil form or paste form. (read – health benefits of almonds)
How to use almonds for treating dark circles under eye?
Tip – Take a few drops of sweet almond oil and gently massage it on your dark circles before going to bed. Let it stay overnight. Wash it in the morning.
Practice yoga to get rid of dark circles –
Home remedies for dark circle
Yoga has been known to benefit the human body in many ways. It helps to increase the flow of blood to the blood vessels under the eyes and thus reduce dark circles
Tip – The asanas most helpful for reducing dark circles are:
• hastapadotasna – stand forward and bend in front. Try to touch your feet. This asana helps to energize the nervous system and increases the flow of blood to your face.
• Surya namaskar – this asana is a compilation of 12 poses and it helps to detoxify the body. It stretches the entire body and relaxes the body.
• Viparitakarani – apart from reducing dark circles, this asana is extremely helpful in relieving back pain. Just lie down on the floor facing a wall and raise your legs such that they touch the wall. Stretch your arms on each side and relax.
Place cucumber on the eyes
Cucumber as a home remedies for dark circles has been used to soothe the eyes since a long time. Loaded with antioxidants such as cucurbitacins, orientin and vitexin, it helps to reduce dark circles considerably and provides relief to tired eyes. (read – benefits of cucumber on skin)
How to use cucumber as a home remedy for dark circles?
Tip – Just take a fresh cucumber, cut it in to thin slices and refrigerate. Take them out after half an hour and place a slice on each eye for 10 minutes. Remove and wash off with cold water. Do this two times every day for about a week.
Green tea helps to calm the blood vessels under the eyes and its astringent properties reduce the dark circles.
How to use green tea bags for dark circles?
Tip – Just take two green tea bags, dip them in water for a while and refrigerate. Place the cold tea bags over your eyes for 10-15 minutes and then remove them. Wash with cold water.
Mint paste –
Mint leaves contain lots of vitamin c and they help to improve the dark circles.
How to use mint leaves as a home remedy for dark circles?
Tip – Take a few mint leaves, crush them and grind them in a grinder with a few drops of water till you have a smooth paste. Apply the mint paste under the eyes and allow it to stay for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water
* Note – Test the paste on a small area of your arm to rule out any allergic reactions.
Use potato juice:
Potatoes contain skin lightening properties due to the presence of a pigment. They are very helpful in reducing dark circles.
How to use potatoes to treat dark circles under eyes?
Tip – Take a raw potato, peel it and grate it. Put the grated potato in a muslin cloth and squeeze the juice from it. Soak a cotton ball in the potato juice and place it on the affected area. Allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes, remove and wash off with cold water.
Orange and glycerine mask –
Both orange juice and glycerine are rich in antioxidants. Additionally, orange juice also contains vitamin c which acts as a bleaching agent. (read – antioxidants and their benefits on skin)
How to use oranges and glycerine to treat dark circles under eyes?
Tip – Just mix a few drops of glycerine with a teaspoon of orange juice. Apply this mask on the affected area and allow it to stay for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
Other tips for treating dark circles under eyes
Apart from the above home remedies, a few lifestyle changes can also help to prevent dark circles from occurring:
• do not stay up till late at nights. Try and get sufficient sleep
• do not overwork yourself. Try to stay calm and relaxed
• avoid excess consumption of alcohol. You can rather opt for healthy mock-tails on your next outing with friends.
• quit smoking if you do.
• eat salt in moderation
• do not stay in the sun for too long and always wear a good sunscreen and sunglasses (read – how to remove sun tan quickly)
• avoid stress
• use a good anti-aging cream
• avoid crying too much