Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChandrikaYour feedback matters!
A bulge has appeared at the back of tooth, probably for the new tooth. It is causing a lot of pain. How can the pain be controlled. Give some homemade tips plz.
I brushed cleanly every day. My tooth were good but the color was changed. Refer me any good toothpaste.
How to whiten the teeth as it is in pale yellow color. Tried many pastes whiten pastes but no change please suggest me how to whiten the teeth please.
I have a teeth ache problem whenever I drink cold water I feel this. Please tell me how to get over this problem.
I am having sensitive teeth and stomatitis. And B/12 level also low .due to that my mouth is very burning to eat spicy or hot food. Even my tongue also burning. Pls advice me medicine.
3 din se mujhe mere muh mai jalan ho rahi hai mujhe lagta hai mere muh mai chhale ho gaye hai ye kis wajah se hote hai or ye kaise thik honge? Please advise.
I noticed a small, black mark on my wisdom tooth (that's small and still growing). I brushed and it went away. After dinner, I just noticed a faint black mark on it again. What could this be?
I have severe tooth pain in upper molar region. My whole right side has severe pain upto the neck region. What drugs should I take?
I have a cavity in the upper last teeth. And also I can see my teeth are becoming weaker. Any suggestions how I can improve the teeth quality. For the cavity, I think I need to go for filling. Please suggest.
Dear Sir/ madam I am married couple. When I am doing foreplay then smelling comes from my partner's mouth who is very bad. So please suggest me a mouth freshener spray who is better for us during the foreplay and there is no side effect.
My teeth becoming gap from one tooth to other and day after day the gap is increasing. What do you recommend?
I am 28 years old. I underwent Tongue tie release surgery 3 days ago. It has not recovered yet. I still have pain when I move my tongue. Pain is at the place where the surgery was performed (lower art of tongue). How long does it take to recover fully? I am also getting mild fever because of pain I guess. Please suggest.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.