Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrakala MYour feedback matters!
Meri age 25 year h, mai jb 5 saal ki thi to garam tel se jal gai. Aaj 20 saal k baad b mere face pr jale ka nisan h please koi upay btaiye.
Are you a sports person? Your fitness regime can be harmful to your legs and calf muscles. Your daily activities like running, walking or cycling might cause a sprain in your legs. The condition is medically termed as a muscle cramp or charley horse. It is a painful contraction of the muscles. It comes as a sudden attack and may last for a few minutes or for a longer period. Nighttime cramps are very common in sports persons or people who undertake a lot of physical activity throughout the day. Leg cramps usually occur in the calf muscles.
What Causes Muscle Cramps??
It can be caused due to multiple reasons. Ranging from dehydration to serious issues or medical conditions, muscle cramps can be caused due to different reasons. It is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause behind the cramp. However, the following reasons are the most common factors responsible for cramps:
- One may develop injuries during exercising, this may results in cramps. Moreover, faulty postures during exercising cause leg cramps. Overuse of the muscles by spending more time in exercising and exhausting excess energy causes cramps and muscle fatigue.
- Cramps may be a common symptom in pregnant women. During pregnancy, a woman’s body gets deficient in minerals and vitamins. Also, the weight of the upper part of the woman’s body increases during pregnancy. This puts extra pressure on the leg muscles.
- Excessive cold weather and use of cold water for bathing or drinking
- Improper flow of blood due to heart-related diseases or peripheral arterial disease
- Chronic health disorders like kidney disorders, thyroid disease, and multiple sclerosis.
- Deficiency of potassium, calcium and minerals in bloodstream
- Side effects of medicines like antipsychotics, steroids, birth control pills and diuretics, etc.
Ways to deal with muscle cramps
There are a number of ways to reduce the possibility of occurrence of muscle cramps. Here are some of the ways discussed below:
- It is quite important to stretch and massage the muscles on regular basis.
- After a hard day's work, it is best to take a warm shower or steam bath. It relaxes the muscles. You can also apply a heating pad.
- Apply an ice or cold pack to relax the muscles
- Consume painkillers or other medicines after consulting with a physician
- Ensure that you consume sufficient amount of water throughout the day. You can also take health or sports drinks to keep your body hydrated always.
I am 37 years old female. 5 year ago I become a mother after years of treatment. I were doing well till last week. But from last weak I am suffering with vomiting .Things were so much worse that I can't even eat something. I consulted my gynaecologist and doctor prescribed some medicines and had some tests. Amazingly test result was perfectly ok. Unfortunately even after taking medicines vomiting frequency is not reduced. Now what can I do?
My age 25 I am male my problem cholesterol trigelies 194 And vldl 200 I am unmarried boy my age 25 I am tobacco use and 3 to 4 month I taking beer and wine gape of 3 month I treat under pshiciatry last 2 year problem of fear agoraphobia and panic attack please help me.
There are pox like on my butux and some on my body, it causes itching. It vanishes after some hours. What is that? And what should I do?
Im 20 years old im a man and ive been sweating a lot while sleeping for some time, I wake up because of my sweat. I just want to know is it natural?
I am 20 year old. I have a problem of semen leakage. In the beginning I thought it was some prostatic discharge and didn't bother about it. I fear if it is semen leakage. I didn't consult any doctor till now. I think masturbation led to the problem. Help me out with medications and necessary precautions. Thanks in advance.:)
I ve a problem of tight foreskin from last one year its very painful when its slips back during sex. Kindly help me what to do? One more thing I want to go for vasectomy as I ve two kids and mutually we both partner don't want more kids. Please guide me for my following queries: ll sex pleasure be the same for both of us? How many type of procedure for vasectomy? How costly it is? Is it a pain full procedure? Is there any painless procedure too? How much time taking procedure it is? How much time it ll take to recover to routine life?
I am severely getting fever all time. I have contacted the hospital they are saying nothing about this they had conducted blood test and said everything is normal but I'm suffering from fever regularly with body pains.
Hello doctors am from aligarh and I having fever from last 15 days and I am not well yet. What can I do. I took many kind of medicine but fayda koi nahi.
When I woke up in morning there is so much pain in my head but after 1or2 hours I get relif by my head pain.
Sir. Recently I got married. During sex I am my wife is feeling pain while inserting my pennis. For the last 4 months I am inserting my pennis only half portion of it. Please let me know Even inserting half pennis also makes her pregnant. And please let me the way how can I insert my pennis fully with out causing pain to her Thank you sir.
Hi. Im using the tablet allegra since last month for my breathing problem now without it my breathing gets problem how can I be normal boy without using tablets.
Ager girl ne I pill liya 15 hour baad usne fir sex kia bt sperm nhi nikla boy Ka to usko pata nhi ki pregnent hai ki nhi to kya vo fir se I pill kha sakti h usk baad kabi nhi khayegi kuch nuksaan to nhi hoga prega news se check kre to kya vo perfect result batayega.
What are the symptoms of tb? How it cause? How to take care of tb patient and other family members from infection?
My father's chief complaints an history are ckd4, cad dcmp, dm type 2. Creatinine is 5.4 urea 130. Gone through colondoscopy recently after being discharged from icu. Please advice something for chronic constipation. He's on lot of nedicines like aplazar, cudo forte, minipress, amlopress, flavodon, prolomet, lasix &lazon.
For last 3 days I observed that my heart beat (lob dub) suddenly beat high and get normal after beat high lob dub 1 or 2 times.
Good evening dear doctors. Im a 20 year old student of engineering . I am a mechanical engineer .so having said that. Im obese I way 100 pound and my hight is 5" 9 inch.now I eat a hell lot of junk food exercise less. And also remain quite depressed most of the times. Now sir/man. The thing that happened was that I experienced a sudden chest pain so bad that I fell from mh bed clutching my chest. But thought that it might be caused due to some nerve damage or something but that pain in chest has not gone in even 3 month now. I have had an ecg and blood test only. Blood test shows cholesterol of 240 .i have gone to 8 doctors. And all are just dismiising my claims. And say its probably an inflammation. Even mg Y family now is not siding with my pain and say that im faking it. Please doctors I need some advise .i do not know what to do. Should I go to a hospital. Or a cardiologist. I have shown one but all diss me due to young age. What must I do please advise step wise.
People suffering from lactose intolerance find it difficult to digest the lactose or sugar in milk, which results in gas, bloating or even diarrhea. An inadequacy of an enzyme called lactase, produced in the small intestine, is the root of lactose intolerance, a condition also known as lactose malabsorption.
How to deal with lactose intolerance in your child?
- Cutting out on dairy products does not mean you would be deprived of sufficient amount of calcium. Find alternate sources of calcium in your food apart from dairy products, for instance, spinach, rhubarb, pinto beans oranges, milk substitutes such as rice milk or soy milk, canned salmon, juices, breads and broccoli. Do give your child foods rich in vitamin D such as liver, eggs and yogurt. Asking your child to spend some time out in the sun can be a great idea in this regard, as well. Your physician will prescribe you with calcium and vitamin D supplements.
- Limit your child’s intake of dairy products. Opt for small servings of milk so as to reduce the chances of gastrointestinal troubles. Your child should consume milk with other foods to delay the digestive process. Try out a variety of dairy products as not all of them possess the same amount of lactose. Buy lactose free products or use lactase enzyme drops or tablets that may aid your child in digesting different dairy products.
- Probiotics are living organisms that exist in your intestine and help you in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Yoghurt and other supplement capsules are rich in probiotics. Hence, they can be perfect choices for your child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.