Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra ShekarYour feedback matters!
I am aged 47 years lives in Mumbai. I have swelling on left buttocks, and pain on cervical area, and cannot stand when get up in the morning from bed, and in previous days I had cramp on my left leg calf during these period.
I am depressed for last few years n my hands shakes a lot. It seems I hv parkinson. My age is 40 I am taking pacitane bt nt getting relief. I hv also problem of vertigo. I did mri bt it does nt show I hv parkinson. I feel cold all da time. please suggest is it curable.
I am an 80 years old female suffering from numbness in different parts of my body especially in both my soles and I get a sticky feeling under my feet when I walk bare feet. Why? please advise.
I am suffering from epilepsy from last ten years but I don't get any fit from 4 years. Can I leave our medicine, reply only when you take guarantee that no fit will arise after leaving medicine's?
I am 30 years old lady mere pero ki naso me bhut dard hota me roj ka kam bhe nahi ker pati khade hone per modne me muze dard hota he muze kya kerna chahiye ?
I am 62 years old male, I am having PARKINONPLUS. What exercise you suggest to reduce the symptoms and lead a normal life?
Sir/Madam, I discovered my pregnancy Today (12 Feb). I have migraine and I used feliz s plus (clonazepam 10mg and escitalopram oxalate 0.5mg) four times in last month. My period cycle is January 1st to January 30. Kindly let me know if this will effect the fetus and whether I should continue with the pregnancy or go for abortion. Thank you in advance for your advice.
I have been operated for slip disc a year ago and am not able to move without support since. I have numbness in right foot and all along left part of that leg. Now there I feel a lot of pressure followed by heat in that foot often and it also gets swelling. Pls advise.
Hello doctor I am male 31 year. I feel like my total body shivering and always feel my very heavy in hand. What is the reason kindly advice me. What so I do.
Hi this is mohan, when I wakeup in that time my arms getting numbness. And last few days onwards I didn't get hungry also.
Respected sir/mam, I m 22 years old boy. I have shaky fingers problem from childhood most left hand. Same problem even had my my brother. Shaky even worst when someone seeing task, interview, exam or typing. I getting lot of fear for future. Please help me.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.