Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra MohanYour feedback matters!
Most of the people have crowded teeth, so do. But do everyone build up the same amount of tartar? And is crowded teeth is the reason for gum inflammation? Will the alignment of teeth cure the gum inflammation? I don't know if it's gingivitis or not but gums are inflated. And the doc didn't say much as she just advice me to go for braces.
Blood is comes from my teeth when I wake up after sleeping what should I do please tell me its solution.
I have white rashes in the mouth. Inside and upper side of the chin. There is no pain. This is from 1 month. And I also use tobacco but from few days I leave it. Is this cancer?
I have been suffered from toothache it is paining most due to new incoming teeth I thought it will be OK BT not what should I do?
Im 18 years old. When I talk I get a some bad smell from my mouth. I didn't eat regularly. Sometimes I didnt eat please I want to get out from this problem.
Sir there is a permanent cavity in my teeth & it sometimes pain & sensitivity to hot. What I hv to do?
M 25 years old and my tongue is infection like sore and thrush. How to cure from this infection. Please tell me medicine.
I am unable to open my mouth please tell any medicine for it's. Cure I eat gutaka but I left it? Plzz help.
Keep your teeth clean.
Don't brush too hard.
Replace tooth brush every 3-4 months
Go to dentist every 6 months for cleaning and examination.
Report any sigh of redness,pus,patches or pain.
I am suffering from teeth pain from last 5 days. Whenever drinking cold water it pains. Pls consult me what should I have done?
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.