Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ch. Vamshidhar ReddyYour feedback matters!
Date of birth 16: 08: 1957 Wight 104 kg Hight 165 cm Problem Knee problem left not working Fatty liver 17 Prostate 40 mg Snoring problem Sleeping disminya Concypinya BP normal No diabetes Digones Urimax supracal tm rabicip 20 Diet am.
I am feeling sensitivity in my teeth just same as we feel after eating something very sour, also I have pain in my right shoulder at a particular point and numbness in my little finger's tip of my right hand. Does the symptoms relate to any issue? Kindly answer.
I am suffering from severe back ache. I am working as a laundry valet in hotel. I stand for at least 7 to 8 hours a day. My leg nerves are also paining. If I bend down my back pains severely. Pls help.
Human spine is meant to give proper movements to the body. This is the reason we have 33 pieces of bones in one bone, these pieces articulate with each other and give movement.
But bones cannot articulate smoothly with each other, being rough in structure. This is the reason- nature facilitated us with soft cushion like tissues which give proper articulation and also work as shock absorbers. These cushions are known as intervertebral discs.
When these discs start decaying that is the condition known as- Degenerative disc disorder, as per the data around 10 million people are reported every year in India. This is a condition which is thought to be chronic and incurable but things are not like that in Ayurveda. We have been doing all these cases of degenerative disc disorder since last 11 years.
Sukhayu has an approach, Sukhayu believes that if we can find out the basic root cause of the problem then certainly we can cure the condition.
Here is the approach we follow for the treatment of Degenerative Disc Disease.
What disc looks alike:
intervertebral discDisc is a soft tissue structure, with a jelly-like tissue in the middle, surrounded by many layers of the fibrous ligaments, which encircle this jelly. The jelly in between is known as- Nucleus Pulposus. This jelly is the basic thing which provides movements and push-back mechanism to give a cushioning impact. This jelly is kept alive by the blood supply through small capillaries to these discs.
In layman language- A disc is a balloon-like structure which is filled with jelly.
Degenerative Disc Disease
These discs, lie in the space between the vertebral bodies the space known as intervertebral space. Once this space is reduced due to any reason, it presses the disc.
There are blood vessels in the nucleus pulposus and when extra pressure is created on these arteries, these start bursting due to pressure. So the blood supply to the nucleus pulposus (jelly) is arrested. Due to lack of the blood supply, this jelly starts shrinking and degenerating. For life, one thing is important and that is “nutrition”. This nutrition means a lot to the different cells of the body.
This condition, where the disc starts degenerating is known as degenerative disc disorder (DDD).
In this case, it is very clear that cause behind the degenerative disc diseases is the extra pressure on the disc. If we press anything beyond its limit, it will certainly cause certain problems to that thing. Same is the story with disc. This is the pressure which destroys the blood supply within the disc and leads to the problem. The blood vessels are the tissues which can be recreated very easily, these are the nerves which are hard (near to impossible, according to chronicity of the condition).
Treatment of Disc Degenerative Disease
We took the approach of – Revival and Replenishment for the treatment of the degenerative disc disorder. The first thing we do is try to find out the affected muscles and the reason behind their stiffness, which can be dietary “dryness” or it can be bad posture (that we decide through pulse diagnosis). Once we can find the cause then we plan Panchakarma according to the requirement of the patient. The second step in the process of treatment is recreation of the space (intervertebral space) which was designated for the disc- this we do through tailored Yoga Asanas, which we select and modify according to the requirement of the patient.
The whole process of the treatment takes almost 4 to 5 months out of this, a patient needs to stay with us at Sukhayu for almost 21 days maximum and 15 days minimum. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi I have done Mri 8 months back and it shows tier 2 miniscus in right leg near knee. Please advice I have mild pain also.
I'm 30 years old, and occasionally there is pain in my left arm. Is this indicates anything serious?
Hi I had continuous body pain and joint pain with heavy cold for more that 15 days. Just randomly took blood test and it was typhoid H positive 1 in 160 dilution and is typhoid O positive 1 in 160 dilution. But my doctor did not reacted much for this report. He Just gave tablets. He did not even advices me about the food habits. Is this normal or danger please tell me.
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.