Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Ch. NavyaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 30 years old and habituated to smoke regularly say 9-11 cigarettes a day. I want to quit smoking but I can't. Any suggestions or ideas that can help me for quitting this habit?
Medical History- Abused codeine- 400 mg, alcohol, Marijuana, nicotine in combination for around 4 years, sought psychiatric help but to no avail, now on alprazolam- 4 mg a day for around 2 months, it helped a lot for fighting with above mentioned drugs, now completely off of codeine and seeming no problems with other mentioned drugs but want to get off alprazolam as well as the anxiety.
I am a decent student and have scored well in my school and college days. But I have a problem that when I give any maths competitive exam, even though how hard I have prepared I am not able to solve the questions in stipulated time as I become nervous and my hands begin to tremble. However the same paper I can solve easily at home. Please suggest how to overcome this exam fear or anxiety as I am underperforming due to fear.
Hii My name is ram. My problem is I like wear a girls costume like, dresses, bindi, saree, bra etc. How I control myself?
My husband is 35 years old. He is very aggressive and violent. He never lets me express my feelings when he hurts me with his behaviour. On the contrary he starts blaming me giving superstitious reasons. This is affecting our marriage very badly. He is irregular in his work. Spending days at home, watching tv, playing games on mobile or else sleeping but not going to work giving some reason or the other. If he does any work of an hour or so he talks high of it but not regularly going for job. He lies too much to escape confrontation. There is always fight between us and he blames me for it calling me jinx. Although ours is a love marriage. Suddenly he has turned hostile towards me. He misbehaves and quarrels with me when his mother is around specifically. I have been very patient with his violent behaviour but I also retaliate at times due to the physical and verbal abuses everyday. He never accepts his mistake and behaves very abnormal by shouting, pulling his own hair, making weird voices, making big eyes etc. This is very disturbing for me. I come from a family where my parents never raised their voices at me. Forget about beating. I have only my father in my family. My mother is no more. He knew everything from the very beginning and he was ok with it. Gradually he has started blaming my father for our bad relationship. Although my father never interferes. My father intervened once when he was physically abusing me and my husband raised his hands on my father too. I am unable to cope up with his behaviour. Kindly advise.
I am 29years old female. I am losing myself gradually. If someone talks to me in good manner I feel he/she is doing this for some reason. He/she may want to use me. I can not find any positive vibe from anything. Sometimes I feel totally blank, have no idea what I am doing. Sometimes I can not recognize the person or place. Is it any kind of mental disorder?
I am 23 year old guy and I suffer From depression for about 6 to 7 months. I have consulted many doctors but all in vein. Please give some suggestions so that I can get better.
To ensure that expectation is realistic on the treatment of bipolar disorder, can you help with below queries: -Can Bipolar disorder be completely treated? -Any common mistakes to avoid in the treatment.
Hi I am unable to learn in my class. I am very dull in my class can you help me to learn and get good number in my class please help me.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.