Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. C. Premprakash ReddyYour feedback matters!
have done epi lasik surgery cmplted 25 days for eyes Still I have some blur when I will get clarity.
Sir. Viral conjunctivitis ke Karan mujhe dhundhla dikhai padta hai. Mai tear drop ka use kr rha huuuu. Kya ye completly thik ho skta hai. Plzzz help with us.
How to take care of eyes? Actually my eye glass power is -3.5. My age is 32. It is better to wear glass or lens?
I am having problem in my eyes from last 3 years. Eyes always get red fully blood. What should I do now.
I have red eyes and feelings jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I am suffering from red eyes? I always have redness in my eyes? When I go to outdoor I go read or sometime in home? What should I do? I very disturb from this? Every person says me are you high?
She has problem in her eye leaf. Its getting dark automatic. She sleeps at 11. 15 am average and awake at 4.30 am daily. Under eyes darkness is normal. But she gets huge darkness in both eyes leaf. Is there any solution?
My girlfriend is so fair but her vagina is soo black, its not at all good to see, is there any solution for this issue? If so get me a solution to turn that color? Please help me.
My daughter and I are out of state. She started noticing a yellowish tint in her eyes, I know that can be an early sign of jaundice. She is also prone to allergies. Our insurance will not cover her being seen where we are. So I am wondering if it is safe to wait and have her see her primary doctor in about 4 days when we get home? Unless this is fatal?
Sir I have very dry eye for last 2 year and I am using contact lenses. What I do sir to minimize this problem.
Water always drops from my eyes specially in cold or hot, in air while moving on bike, in ac rooms. What to do?
I have skin allergy problem on my back. Can I knw how can it be healed? And my eyes are swollen.Please tell.
Hi, am 23yr old male I have problem of stye in my left eye from last 2 month please help me, what I do.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty