Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.P.V.Ramana SastryYour feedback matters!
My 4. 5 yrs old daughter is having andenoids problem - enlarged tonsils. She has a sound sleep. No noise from nose while sleeping. X-ray showed enlarged tonsils. Need treatment.
Hlo doctor mera baby 15 din ka h or usli chest bhari hui h lmbe lmbe saans leta h or cold b ho rha h.uska weight birth weight se kam b ho gya h.or mera feed krne se wo din m 25-30 bar potty krta h patli pani jesi. Or jb m cow ka milk deti hu din m sirf 7-8 bar krta h ky m usko steam de du. Or uski potty k ly ky kru. Plzz koi solution btao.
My 17 month old son is passing too many watery loose motions and not passing urine past 18 hrs, please suggest
Hi my son is 5 months old and his potty is continuously green from last two months after treatment only day he does yellow potty Potty is semi solid Dr. may I know what is the reason of it. Is it any infection. And his weight is normally increasing.
Hi. Is it safe to use 3 wheel baby cart (push walker)? Does that help to make them learn walking soon.? As my son is going to start with 16th month soon but dose walk yet. And every single doc has been saying NO for normal walker.
Hello Doctor, I have 6 years old baby. Her Name Is moksha shanmukhi. Her behavior is very frustrating. She always crying. Does not understand the words. Others not so much that she forgets to imitate her. She does not take proper food. Each focuses on a grumble. As adamant. I will be very sad. Do not understand what to do. Please give me any advice or medicine.
My baby is 15 months old and his weight is approx 8 kg. I had found worms (thin white) in stool. What medicine should I use and dosage?
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.