Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.Kavitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C.KavithaYour feedback matters!
Which are the condoms have spermicide to kill the sperms inside condom. In market moods, score, manforce.Many brands available. Are all these come with spermicide? Or there are special brands with spermicide.
I am Dr. Vishakha Munjal. I am a laparoscopy surgeon and infertility specialist. Today, I am going to talk about the role of laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in treating infertility.
Today, infertility has almost become an epidemic. This is because of multiple reasons like late marriages, late planning of pregnancy, various diseases like tuberculosis and pelvic infections which affect the fallopian tubes and cause their blockages. Then there is a certain disease like Endometriosis and fibroids which are at times the reason for infertility. These days’ lifestyle changes and an increase in stress level is also one of the reasons for ovulatory dysfunction and decreased sperm count. Couples facing infertility should consult an experienced gynecologist to understand the reason for infertility and how best it can be solved. Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries can greatly help in diagnosing as well as many factors of infertility, thus, helping a woman to conceive naturally. Also, certain conditions like fibroids, endometriosis, and tubal factors need to be treated prior to IVF to increase the success rate of IVF else the woman will undergo multiple cycles of IVF and will get no results. So, it is very important to treat disease prior undergoing IVF.
The major Fertility Enhancing Surgery is Fibroid Removal, which is also called Myomectomy. Almost, any size of the fibroid can be taken care of laparoscopically. Compared to an open surgery, Laparoscopic Myomectomy has lesser blood loss and leads to lesser addition formation. It is also less painful for the patients. Patients can return back to work more quickly and they can plan for pregnancy also more quickly. Then, there is Endometriosis which is a chronic painful condition which causes severe pain during periods and during sex along with fertility. It is one of the major reasons for infertility in today’s age. It is also associated with cyst formation at times which is called the chocolate cyst. Laparoscopy is a gold standard for treating Endometriosis. After Endometriosis, a woman gets not only relieve her pain but also she is able to conceive quickly. Then there are variances which are a hindrance for conception. Any size of the ovarian cyst can be treated laparoscopically.
First of all, get a histopathological diagnosis to rule out any malignancy in the cist as well as we remove the hindrance which is coming in the way of conception. Then, talking about tubal factors, tubal blockage at any level can be treated laparoscopically and if the blockage is at the starting of the fallopian tube then there are very fine cannulas available along with guide wires available which we used to cannulate the fallopian tubes and this can be done very effectively and it increases the chances of conception naturally. Now, let me talk about hysteroscopy. Well, hysteroscopy is a small telescope which is passed into the uterine cavity to see the cavity from inside for any pathology and to see the opening of the fallopian tube. Certain factors like presence of a fibroid, a polyp, a polyp is a sort of growth inside the uterine cavity, a septum which is like a wall causing a partition inside the uterine cavity. They all can be removed hysteroscopic ally, once this thing is removed hysteroscopic ally, the chances of the conception of a woman in creases greatly. All in all laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are a boon for infertility management. Laparoscopy is technically as much superior procedure than an open surgery. Since it is done through small punctures it is cosmetically very appealing, it causes less pain, less blood loss, less hospital stay, early recovery and early return to work for a patient.
If you wish to contact me for any laparoscopic enhancing surgery or infertility related problems, you can contact me at MediClinic, E16 Lajpat Nagar 3. Thank you.
What is In- Vitro Fertilization?
In Vitro fertilization (IVF) is a process of fertilization where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body, in vitro ("in glass"). This process involves stimulating a woman's ovulatory process, removing an ovum or ova from the woman's ovaries and fertilizing them with sperms in a liquid in the laboratory. The fertilized egg (zygote) undergoes embryo culture for 2–6 days, and is then transferred to the same or another woman's uterus, to establish a successful pregnancy.The success rate depends on various factors such as maternal age.
Cause of infertility
- Embryo status
- Reproductive history
- Lifestyle factors
Ways to increase the success rate of In-Vitro Fertilization:
- Maternal age: Young age females undergoing IVF are more likely to get pregnant with a donor egg as compared to women older than 41yrs of age. If a woman undergoes IVF treatment by 23–39 years of age, the success rate is higher.
- Reproductive history: Women who have been previously pregnant have higher chances of being successful with IVF treatments than those who have never been pregnant.
- Avoid tobacco smoking: As it reduces the chances of IVF producing a live birth by 34% and increases the risk of an IVF pregnancy miscarrying by 30%.
- Maintain Body mass index (BMI) between 20-27: A body mass index over 27 causes a 33% decrease in likelihood to have a live birth after the first cycle of IVF.
- Avoid obesity: Pregnant women who are obese have higher rates of miscarriage, gestational diabetes, hypertension, thromboembolism and problems during delivery. Obesity in pregnancy may also lead to an increased risk of fetal congenital abnormality.
- Reduce alcohol and caffeine intake: As increased alcohol/caffeine intake decreases success rate of IVF.
- Number of embryos: Increasing the number of embryos transferred in the treatment cycle increases the success rate of conceiving.
- Getting treated for illnesses before IVF: Taking proper treatment for the underlying autoimmune disease before starting with IVF treatment is essential as it plays a role in decreasing IVF success rates by interfering with proper implantation of the embryo after transfer.
- Treating infectious disease: If the female undergoing IVF is suffering from any infectious disease like Rubella, Toxoplasmosis, etc needs to take treatment for the same as it may increase the failure rate of IVF by causing miscarriage/abortion or it may cause failure to hold the fetus.
- Mental state: The mental state of the female while undergoing IVF plays an important role. Females undergoing any kind of stress either physical or mental have higher chances of failure.
- Good clinic: Getting IVF treatment done from a good clinic and experienced doctor helps in achieving success.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor. The question is about my wife. She have very long irregular periods since age of 9. And now it has become a big problem. She have a irregularity of evry second month. Moreover whenever the periods are about to come. A very severe pain starts and it continues till the periods end. The flow of periods is also very high. I think she have a problem in her pregnancy due to it coz we have tried but she do not get pregnant. Please help us out. Thank you
I am a 28year old female. I'am very embarrassed to say but, Yesterday I was having sex with my boyfriend. I was giving him blowjob. All of a sudden he ejected his sperm in my mouth. Not to say but, his cum was my mouthful and so tasty that I swallowed it. Now i'am worried:- Will it cause any harm to me? Will I get pregnant?
DON'T ACT THE 7 ACTIONS BELOW AFTER YOU HAVE A MEAL.
* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).
* Don't eat fruits immediately -When you eat your fruits with meals, the fruit is stuck in the stomach along with the contents of the meals and cannot reach the intestines in time. Lying there they get spoilt and spoil the remaining food in the stomach too. Thus it is recommended that you eat a fruit at least one hour after eating a meal or before your meal and preferably in the morning with empty stomach. It is in the morning that the body can best use the nutrients in the fruit and get enough energy to start the day.
* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.It is preferable to drink tea an hour after meals.
* Don't loosen your belt -Fiction, not particularly bad for you!
We generally have an attitude that a good meal is that which forces us to loosen our belts. However, loosening the belt is bad, not because it causes the intestines to twist or block but because it means that you have over eaten to a level that you are uncomfortable. Loosening of the belt may also cause you to feel comfortable once again which means you may continue overeating.
So eat only to the extent that you can be comfortable without loosening your belt!
* Don't bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
* Don't walk about -Fact, it is bad for you! Walking directly after meals is a bad idea, it can result to acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking about half an hour after meals is known to be good for you. Researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, have found that walking after exercise is a good way to burn energy.
The point to note is when to walk, you should ideally walk for about 10 minutes and only 20-30 minutes after meal to prevent acid reflux and stomach upsets.
* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.
Hi. I had bought a nebulizer and its medicine (sodium chloride and asthalin). The dosage of the medicine was written in the nebulizer handbook that I lost. I have searched on Google and haven't found what amount of sodium chloride and what amount of asthalin am I supposed to used.
An irregular period, medically known as oligomenorrhea , is a common problem among women. It usually refers to
infrequent periods with intervals of more than 35 days.
A normal menstrual cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days. Menstrual bleeding
generally lasts for two to seven days.
Women normally have 11 to 13 periods
in a year, but those with oligomenorrhea
may have fewer than six or seven
Ginger is highly beneficial in regulating
menstrual cycles and also relieving
menstrual pain. It promotes
menstruation and hence is good when
dealing with delayed or scanty periods.
1. Boil one-half teaspoon of freshly
ground ginger in a cup of water for five to seven minutes.
2. Add a little sugar.
3. Drink this three times a day after
4. Do this for about one month or more.
Cinnamon contains hydroxychalcone that
helps regulate insulin levels and is
suspected to have an effect on
Simply add one-half teaspoon of
cinnamon powder to a glass of milk.
Drink this daily for several weeks.
You can also drink cinnamon tea,
sprinkle cinnamon on your foods, or
chew cinnamon sticks regularly.
3. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery
Sesame seeds are useful in regulating
menstrual cycles as they help balance
your hormones. They are loaded with
lignans that help bind excess hormones.
Plus, they contain essential fatty acids
that promote optimal hormone
production. Jaggery, too, helps regulate
menstrual cycles due to its warming
1. Dry roast a handful of sesame seeds.
2. Grind them along with one teaspoon of jaggery into a fine powder.
3. Take one teaspoon of this powder daily on an empty stomach in the luteal phase, or second half of your menstrual cycle (two weeks before your period starts), for a few months. Simply eating a piece of jaggery, also known as gur, will also help regulate menstruation.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps treat menstrual
irregularities naturally by regulating your
1. Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf.
2. Mix in one teaspoon of honey.
3. Consume it daily before having your breakfast.
4. Follow this remedy for about three months.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
5. Unripe Papaya
Green, unripe papaya works as a potent
emmenagogue. It is considered useful
in regulating menstrual flow as it helps
contract muscle fibers in the uterus.
It is particularly useful for irregular
periods associated with menopause and
stress. Consume unripe papaya juice
regularly for a few months. Do not drink
it during your periods.
Being a warming herb, turmeric is also
considered helpful in regulating
menstruation and balancing hormones.
Its emmenagogue properties help
stimulate menstrual flow. Moreover, its
antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory
properties relieve menstrual pain.
Consume one-quarter A study analyzing
the effects of cinnamon extract on
menstrual cycles in women with
polycystic ovary syndrome is currently
turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery.
Take it daily for several weeks or
until you see improvement. You can also take turmeric in supplement form; consult your doctor for proper dosage.