Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.Kavitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C.KavithaYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 years old female unmarried. I have irregular periods since from 6 months. What should I do?
My 9 month has started I am 36 week pregnant and my tummy seems ohk in full size but mostly people use to say I am carrying high I feel every movement from my child .i have heard that baby comes in lower position at last and baby at lower position face very less time in labour. Is that so. Pls suggest me I am tensed if my baby is in upward position then I have to face more labour is that true. I am having swelling also in my legs I use to do lil exercise in the morning stretching and all.
Dear doctors I would explain my questions in detail. First day of my last menstrual period was on 14 Dec 2017 and it went till 18 Dec 2017. We both had an intercourse on 22 Dec 2017 around 2 am. Can I know if I will be pregnant? We have not planned yet. If yes. What are the symptoms. I am really tensed if I am. And when implantation bleeding can occur. Please doctor I am worried.
Hello, had a doppler test nd Report says cephalic presentation, placenta fundo anterior, avg gest age is 31 weeks 4 days, Afi is less than 8.7 cm, cervix length is 28 mm. Maturity grade 2. Baby Wt. 1960gm. Doctor said that baby growth z Gud, Afi is low nd cervix length is short nd der r chances of preterm labour so she advised to take duvadilan retard 40 mg once in a day nd to sleep more with minimal activity. Are the figures in the report a matter of concern at this stage? My cervix len was 34 mm at 20 wks. Can I take pregnancy upto full term? Pls suggest wht can I do to avoid preterm labour. Is complete bed rest required or modified bed rest is sufficient? How can I improve my Afi.
How can you eat healthy? This is a question that plagues many of us. The quest for a youthful looking body that is also slim and well-toned is something that we all strive for. On the other side of the spectrum, we also have people who are concerned about too much of weight loss, fatigue and general weakness. So what all can you do to ensure that you indulge in healthy eating for a healthy body and mind? Try these nine tips.
- Eating the Right Carbohydrates: Choose the right carbs that will help you pile up on energy with the right kind of food. Sugar and flour can cause an overload of carbs in your digestive system, while oats, cereals and complex carbs like whole grains are high in fibre.
- Lean Protein: Avoid red meat and make a beeline for fish and other lean protein that will give you omega three fatty acids in the process as well. This includes fish and chicken.
- Good Fats: There are four major types of dietary fat found in food from plants and animals - Good Fats(monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats including omega-3s), Bad Fats(trans fats), and Saturated Fats. Good fats can improve blood cholesterol levels, lower your risk of heart disease, and benefit insulin levels and blood sugar. Omega-3 fats are particularly beneficial for your brain and mood. The best sources are fish, nuts, and seeds.
- Superfoods: Berries and all their variants have come to be known as super foods. These are rich in anti-oxidants which can encourage better brain health. This includes blueberries, cranberries and even salmon and seaweed, used in Oriental cooking.
- Salt Intake: Limit your salt intake but do not cut it out entirely. Ensure that you take NO MORE THAN A TEASPOON OF SALT A DAY. Try to avoid packaged food as it is high in salt content.
- Water: Stock up on water so that you get plenty of hydration and avoid needless snacking. Avoid sugary drinks and too much of caffeine.
- Count the calories you need: Do not simply needlessly cut down on calories, but rather calculate the number of calories you need to function on a normal basis. Then, build a diet chart around this and avoid empty calories like excessive sugary food.
- Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day which also fuels you into action and can potentially stop you from snacking and overeating.
- Slow: Eat slowly and have small and frequently meals for healthy eating.
Try these healthy eating tips to change your mind set towards food and nutrition.
Do you know about the ill effects and various serious consequences that are associated with endometriosis?
In this disorder, there is a presence of endometrium (lining of uterus) outside uterus. It is likely to spread to ovaries and other nearby areas. It can involve any other part of the body also. Endometriosis, at times, causes great pain and may result in infertility.
The exact cause of endometriosis is not known.
- It may occur because of a process, known as retrograde menstruation. In this, menstrual blood flows back via fallopian tubes into the pelvic cavity, along with natural process of flowing out from the uterus.
- The displaced endometrial cells stick to the pelvic wall and on the surface of pelvic organs such as ovaries, bladder, and rectum. They continue growing thicker and bleed during menstrual cycle.
- The condition is also likely to occur when small regions in the pelvis convert into endometrial tissue.
The intensity of symptoms of this condition vary.
- In some women, mild symptoms are experienced, while the intensity may be severe in others. Pain in the lower abdomen is one of the common symptoms.
- The severity of pain experienced does not indicate the degree or extent of endometriosis.
- Other symptoms include painful periods, lower abdominal pain during and before menstruation, development of cramps, abnormal uteine bleeding, pain during sexual intercourse, discomfort during bowel movements, and lower back pain during menstrual periods.
- It is also likely for you to experience no symptoms at all.
Complications and Consequences
- Problems with fertility are considered to be common with endometriosis.
- Women who have mild endometriosis can conceive and give birth to a baby.
- Medications do not help in improving fertility.
- It is possible for some women to conceive after having the endometrial tissue removed via surgical procedures.
- In case, these measures do not show effective results, you should opt for undergoing fertility treatments such as IVF i.e. in vitro fertilisation. These might improve your chances of giving birth.
If you are affected by endometriosis and want to have a child, consult Gynaecologist. This is because your symptoms can worsen with time, which may make it difficult for you to conceive on your own. It is recommended for you to talk to doctor for suggestions and remedies.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Im 19 years old. I always face a very distracting pain in my stomach and get vomiting many times during my periods. What is the solution of this.
Running is something which has an unparalleled ability to give people a boost of energy and make them feel good for the rest of the day. So, it is fair to say that running injuries can be just so disappointing! After all, being prevented from doing a thing you love is never a nice situation to be in!
But, all that need not be the case, as long as a person is willing to spend a little time on learning to reduce the chances of running injuries, a lot of free and enjoyable time spent running is just awaiting him or her!
The first thing which can go a long way in preventing running injuries from occurring is making sure the body is strong. There are quite some ways this can be done but among the most common is to perform exercises which are targeted to help the areas and muscle groups which are made use of when a person runs.
The wall press is a fairly well-known exercise and with good reason! It simulates the impact of the process of running on the gluteus medius, which is a muscle but without the risk of injury. To do this, a person would need to stand with one side close to a wall. Then, the knee is to be bent at a ninety-degree angle so as to prepare the muscle for activation prior to pressing it against the wall for a time period of somewhere between 20 and 30 seconds. This exercise can do wonders! However, the person doing it should make sure that his or her shoulder does not touch the wall while doing the exercise.
Keeping in mind the fact that the entire leg is a unit which is supposed to move smoothly so as to avoid injury, strength needs to be built to bring about uniformity. Remember, it is the imbalances which cause a lot of injuries! Another exercise to be done is the single leg balance on the forefoot.
The effects of this exercise have a beneficial impact all the way up to the hip! The exercise is pretty simple and it is to be done preferably barefoot. Three to four repetitions are recommended, for as long as possible, with the heel off the ground.
Standing jumps may seem to be quite simple, but they really can have a significant impact! Jumping onto a step of medium height and enough width increases the elasticity of the muscles involved and can even burn some calories!
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.