Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. C AmbujaYour feedback matters!
Vulvar cancer is an invasive and cancerous growth, which occurs in the vulva (the external vaginal or reproductive tract opening in females). The main types of vulvar cancer include:
- Squamous cell carcinoma: This condition gives rise to abnormal growths that generally originate from the most common forms of skin cells known as squamous cells. They are characterized by open sores, scaly red patches, elevated growths with a depression in the centre or warts which might crust or bleed. They can cause disfiguring and sometimes can prove to be fatal if their growth is allowed.
- Melanoma: This is a form of cancer that is known to develop cells that contain pigment called melanocytes. It is one of the most dangerous forms of cancer and is more commonly found in women.
- Basal cell carcinoma: Basal cell carcinoma contributes to around 1- 2% of vulvar cancer. This form of cancer tends to be slow-growing lesions on the labia majora (external large vulvar folds), but is capable of occurring anywhere else on the vulva. The behaviour bears resemblance to basal cell cancers that occur in other locations. Their growth is local and the risk of deep invasion or metastasis (spreading of cancer) is low. Treatment of basal cell carcinoma involves excision. However, these types of lesions tend to recur if they are not removed completely.
Symptoms of vulvar cancer include:
- Itching, bleeding or burning sensation on the vulva that is not relieved.
- Occurrence of skin changes such as rashes or warts, on the vulva.
- Pain in pelvis, particularly during sex or urination.
- Changes in skin colour of the vulva (abnormally red or white).
- Lumps, ulcers or sores that occur on the vulva which does not subside
Treatment options of vulvar cancer include:
1. Surgery: This is the most common form of treatment wherein, the cancer is removed without affecting the sexual function of the woman. Some of the surgical procedures include:
- Laser Surgery
- Wide local excision (small portion of the cancerous tissue)
- Radical local excision (removing a major portion of benign tissues as well)
- Ultrasonic surgical aspiration (tumour is broken into small pieces using fine vibrations)
- Vulvectomy (removal of all or part of vulva)
2. Radiation Therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy and internal radiation therapy.
3. Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is stopped, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
I had sex when there is chance of pregnancy but I take 5 pill in 24 hr but now I started eating spices food and face overeating is this symptom of pregnancy.
As you know the temperature is rising day by day. Can you suggest some tips to stay healthy in this summer also suggest some precautions so that I am able to handle this summer?
Respected doctor generally I heard a word 'pregnancy'what is the minimum time at which a lady get pregnancy? Does it have different timings for different age groups or common to every lady. Please answer my question?
Hello My last date of period is 20 th of may &today 13th of june I did my pregnancy test today by using prega news kit my result is negative.-(Is there is chance I am still pregnant because my last period day is 20 that means I did check my result 6 days before my date of period.
How many scan take during pregnancy. Now am in 31 weeks of pregnancy. Doctor told me to come 32 weeks will take scan. What scan take during 32 weeks of pregnancy. My belly is small. If anything problem to my baby. Pls tel me.
My friend is 8months pregnant and she is having legs pain and backache what should she do? And she also want to know in winters now what should she add in hot milk except protein powder n drink?
You will perhaps be astonished to know that one anti infective local application prepared by boiling about 12-13 herbs and minerals in water and clarified butter (ghee), is as effective as any high end anti infective / anti septic medicine in modern medical science. I personally know some surgeons who have used it to heal wounds in resistant cases with success. Leaves of chameli, neem, prawal, turmeric, daruhaldi, manjishtha, cuso4 etc are used to prepare it.
This preparation when applied over a chronic wound, cleanses and heals simultaneously. Very economic, non resistant, easy to apply. This is known as jatyadi ghrit. One similar application named jatyadi tel is made in oil medium. Similar action in wounds, burns, eczema etc.
Hello there I had sex on 9th july 2016 And my wife's period date is 13th date of every month Now she's missed her period ,she's pregnant? Its is possible ?
Hello dr, i am 29 years married woman, I m facing a problem of white discharge from my vagina with bad smell, please suggest me something what is this problem?
My wife age 27 she is pregnant but child was not growing & abortion was done by doctor. After 4mnth of abortion we tried again but she was not getting pregnant. Follicular study was done. After ovary size 40 mm HCG 10000 Injection given by doctor but egg not rupture & size was increase around 55-60 mm it become in form of cyst. Please reply why she was not getting pregnant.
I have my first IUI done and I got pregnant. Now I am in 14th week pregnant. I am working woman ,I need to travel 45 km up and down to office. My doctor suggested avoid travelling since it IUI pregnancy. Is IUI pregnancy should be more careful than normal pregnancy. Please suggest me on my travel.
I am 18 years old and I am releasing squirt unnecessarily without any intimation or without any feeling. Could you tell me is this natural or is this a problem? Why girls squirt unnecessarily?
What is gastro endoscopy?
Gastroendoscopy is the visualisation of the oesophagus (aka food pipe), stomach, upper part of duodenum through a gastro-endoscopy. It is also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy and upper gi gastro-endoscopy.
Gastroendoscopy is an outpatient procedure which means the patient can go home straight after the completion of this procedure.
What is a gatroendoscope?
Gastroendoscope is a highly sophisticated instrument which is having a shaft of 9mm in diameter. It has got a fibre optic bundles passed through the shaft to transmit the light to the tip and the image to the endoscopist.
The adaptation of endoscopes to video monitoring system has been developed to use in computer chip technology and now it is in routine use in all endoscopy suites.
What are the symptoms which could suggest the requirement of a gastro endoscopy?
- Acid regurgitation
- Dysphasia (difficulty in deglutition)
- Water brash (watering regurgitation in the mouth)
- Excessive burping and hiccups
- Pain in the abdomen
- Constant feeling of fullness of the abdomen
- Distention of the abdomen
How can gastro endoscopy help in medical diagnosis?
During routine upper gi endoscopy the entire oesophagus, stomach and prioximal duodenum are examined. And it is very useful in making the diagnosis of:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Oesophageal varices
- Gastric ulcer
- Gastric polyp
- Cancer of the stomach
- Duodenal ulcer and
- Any space occupying region in the upper gi system
What do patients need to do for a gastro endoscopy procedure?
Patient has to be fasted for 6 or more hours to ensure an empty stomach. And it is being done by giving a topical anaesthetic. The anaesthetic is applied to the pharynx (throat) to numb the gag reflex. Sedation may be required for the procedure.