Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. BuvaneshwariYour feedback matters!
I am afraid I am not able to go in my room I was sleeping nd I felt that somebody is trying to wake me I do not believe all those things at a tym I woke nd nobody was there I put on my rooms light nd then tried to sleep but can not.
Hi I am 24. Basically feeling mentally disturb from many days. Actually when I was I scul, I had some frnds. They started teasing me, dstrbing me by calling at night. And all. I got tensed with all this. Had a fight with them regarding this. And all this increased. I left the place where. We used to leave. I wouldn't have courage to face them. Bcoz every time they would tease me. All this while I got in masturbating bcoz after masturbating I could feel relieved. Them I got in college. Fee of meeting all of them, made me avoid going to scul. I stayed at home for around a year or so. No one was there to talk for 3 years. Than I started studying and joined my dad work. I dad got I'll, I had to carry his work. Study suffer and could not complete professional course. A girl came in my life. I fell in love and propose her, she accepted after many proposal. But suddenly started ignoring me and one day said she doesn't love me. I started my studies after she came in my lyf. And passed a part of it. Now she also left. I an not happy at present with all this that has happened in last 6 years. I can't focus on work & study. Get angry and irritated. Forget small things. Feel like not worthy to live. Whom to consult. psychologist or psychiatrist. Am I wrong in any way. Help me.
I'm 29 years old. I have a very normal work life. Stress levels are normal. I have a active physical and emotional relationship with my girlfriend that I'm too happy about. The problem is my sex life. We have a very healthy sex life but I am too sexually attracted to her and always feel like establishing Carnal relationship with my partner. It's that abnormal? Should I do anything to change it? Intimacy is what I always crave and sometimes the thought becomes unbearable. She is sexually and emotionally available for me but I don't understand the rush.
I smoke cigarattes and i drink alcholal frequently by that my face is changing into dark what precautions ishould take to make my face little white. Thank you
I am Anil kumar aged 26 years old am suffering from back neck pain and also occupational headache from left side of the head since (6) six months am feeling not well and stress pls say why its happen.
I am 21 years old medical student. I have the habit of smoking from the past 1 year. In the short time I became very addicted to it that I smoke 15-20 cigarettes a day. I realized it's cause and decided to quit smoking. I stopped smoking for 2 days. Now it became more harder like cough, sleeplessness, anxiety to smoke, and so on. As a medico I know these are withdrawal symptoms. But how to get rid of it? please help me.
I am addicted to pan masala and tobacco.(most commonly rajnigandha tulsi. I really want to quit not j ust because it harms my body but because it doesn't go with my personality and social status, people I sit with in my office or society. Please help.
Hi I am 24 years old. I am studying for jobs my problem is my mind not properly working it is diverting because I am in my brother home my sister in law is so irritate I don't like her behavior. So what can I do. Please suggest me doctor's.
I am not tnteligent for my education and I fell bad myself. So I do business so what I do I felling depressed? So pls help me.
My mum has stress she cnt slep properly n she frsgts thing you hav askd you before also wt to do Dr. was no rly.
I'm having anxiety issue because of it I can't concentrate on my work i'm facing this issue from last 2 days just after shifting my rented house ,pls can anyone resolve my issue just tell me the simple medication to get rid of this situation. Pls suggest me a pill name that can reduce it's effectiveness.
Manic depression, also known as bipolar disorder in recent days, is a major mood disorder characterized by hypomanic or manic episodes (deviation from one's usual mood along with abnormally high energy levels). Mania involves sleeplessness, along with psychosis, hallucinations, rage, grandiose delusions or paranoia. Mania or hypomania isn’t usually harmful to the patient and they might exhibit increased capacity for work and creativity. Depressive episodes however, can be debilitating and often life threatening as the person becomes self-destructive and suicidal in many instances.
The extent of mood swings can vary from extreme to very mild. They can occur progressively or suddenly and might last for few days to weeks. Patients affected by bipolar disorder may experience disturbances in thinking apart from depressive or manic episodes. Distortions of perception and impaired social functioning are also not uncommon. The cause of bipolar disorder is not fully understood like most mental health conditions and is often thought to be hereditary.
The extent of the seriousness of the bipolar symptoms varies from person to person. In some people, the disorder is not full blown and they don’t exhibit all the symptoms. Others who aren’t that lucky might have to be hospitalized multiple times in their lives as the symptoms creep into their work and personal life and make living a normal life a tough challenge.
Psychotic symptoms such as disorganized thinking, hallucinations and delusions might make a person do things that demand the urgency of hospitalization to keep them safe from their suicidal impulses. These symptoms might need to be urgently addressed by a psychiatrist and with the help of medications, the person might be able to regain control of their lives.
The symptoms of bipolar disorder are many and can be mainly categorized into two (sometimes overlapping) categories of mania or hypomania and depression:
Manic symptoms include:
- Grandiose delusions (delusion of grandeur)
- Racing thoughts which are often disconnected
- Sense of euphoria or false elation
- Irritability without cause
- Hampered social functioning
- Increased sexual inclination and risky sexual behavior
- Increase in talking volume or speed
- Impaired judgment
- Reduced sleep requirements owing to extra energy levels
- Increased productivity and creativity
Depressive symptoms include:
- Abnormal eating patterns like over or under-eating to the extent of severe medical complications accompanied by drastic changes in weight
- Difficulty in concentration, making decisions and remembering
- Lack of energy or fatigue
- Contemplating about death for prolonged periods of time and suicidal behavior
- Oversleeping, insomnia or early awakening
- Persistent pessimism
- Irritability and restlessness
- Feeling of hopeless and negative attitude
Mood stabilizers, such as lithium are commonly employed to treat bipolar disorder. Anticonvulsants, benzodiazepines and anti psychotics can also be used in the treatment. Along with medications, support from family and friends is of the utmost importance as they need to help provide all the support required in making the person functional and healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am very depressed with my body weight which is not suitable to my height. How can I over come this problem and gain weight?
Hello sir, actually I am a chain smoker. And now it really badly affecting me so I want to know that how to decrease the smoking?
I am a epilepsy patient since 2000 and taking eptoin100 mg two tab. Every night from last 4 years. Is any side effect of this medicine.
I have speaking trouble. Specosly the letter R. impossible for others to under stand what im saying. A dentist had cut my flush under the tongue.
I lost my friendship with my girlfriend, from that day I feel alone and his memory always came in my mind so please help me out.
Hi, I'm suffering from hypothyroidism, on medication for the past 05 years (eltroxin 100 mcg). My problem is pre mature ejaculation, is this condition is directly related to hypothyroidism? I could last for only one or two minutes. Please suggest a solution. I used to masturbate a lot since I'm 14 (3-5 times a day ), that too in a vigorous fashion.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mood disorder that affects one's interaction and relationships with others. It generally develops during adolescence and persists into adulthood. It has been seen that those with a traumatic history of neglect or emotional, physical or sexual abuse are more prone to developing it. Though it affects people varyingly, these are some symptoms that help diagnose BPD.
1. Emotional instability - Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
2. Disturbing thoughts - One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
3. Impulsive behavior - Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.
4. Intense but unstable relationships - Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.