Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Buvaneshwari
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. BuvaneshwariYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years, male .I am suffering from anxiety, depression ,I am using clonazepam .5 for the last 4 years as per psychologist. Still the problem persists. What should I do now.
Sir, I need consultation on my love marriage with my cousin we are in deep love for the past 6 years. She is my mother sister daughter. Our parents are opposing it severely. I am very depressed no hope of life. I don't know how to convince them. They are obsessed with the society. We can't live without each other. We both are working. They are very negative minded people. They think what they say is only correct. They believe outsider's words rather than our words. They Are forcing her to marry other person. They are torturing us. We don't want to marry other people and spoil their lives and decided not marry any one but they are not listening to her. I don't know how to convince them at least to agree that not to force to marry other person. We love parents a lot. But they are not at least trying to understand our situation. They are concerned about themselves only. If you can deal this type cases let me know. Please help me.
Sir I have a bad habit before 2 years nd that is listening songs in handfree min. 8 hours per day so becoz of hude time of listening songs with doing other work like job plus thoughts nd what ever I do is totally support of listening songs in handfree every time so sir after 2 years I avoiding listening songs nd the effect is what ever I thought even it is for food for movie for good thoughts or bad very bad thoughts I think its flow out of my brain nd every body will catch my thoughts sound becoz I feel that im not thinking im speaking in my brain nd every body will listen it easily becoz of hude time of listening songs I think its effect my brain. My brain is extra charge comparison to others nd that's ture sir every body will listen my thoughts easily so help me it is possible can it is true or not?
I have swelling in liver with heaviness and slight pain also. I had bad habit of chewing tobacco since last 10 years which I left last month.
When the vocal cords suffer from the accumulation of non-cancerous and abnormal growth, these are known as vocal cord lesions. These lesions usually cause a variety of voice and speech related problems. These are also known as singer’s nodules and nodes, which may be caused by pressure, stress and stretching of the vocal cords. Women between the age of 20 to 50 are more prone to this condition. Here is everything you need to know about the types, causes and treatment of these lesions.
Types: There are three kinds of vocal cord lesions, that is nodules, polyps and cysts. A vocal cord polyps may be caused on one side of the vocal cords and may also lead to many disturbances in one’s voice. Another type of vocal cord lesions includes a mass of tissue that may manifest in the sac or membranes around the vocal cord. This cyst can be on the surface of the vocal cord or in the ligaments of the vocal cord. This may require surgical removal as well as voice therapy thereafter. Nodules are the third type of lesion that may form in the vocal folds. These are basically calluses that may disappear once the pressure and overuse of the vocal cords diminish.
Causes: These lesions are usually benign or non-cancerous growths that may be caused due to a variety of reasons. Screaming and overuse of vocal cords are few of the most common reasons for the eruption of such lesions. The heavy use of one’s voice can cause quite a bit of trauma to the vocal cords and may lead to problems including lesions and disturbances in one’s voice. Conditions like reflux and allergic reactions may also cause vocal cord lesions as a side effect.
Symptoms: From hoarseness to pain, there are a number of symptoms caused by this condition. A low pitch and difficulty while speaking are also some of the common symptoms of this condition. Patients suffering from the growth of such lesions will also find themselves making an effort in order to speak normally and to be heard. Constant throat clearing may be required as well.
Treatment: Besides giving your voice a rest and gargling warm saline water with salt, one can also have the condition checked by the doctor so as to ascertain whether or not it is a serious lesion that may require surgical removal and voice therapy. The doctor will usually prescribe medicines in order to deal with any underlying conditions that may have caused the lesions, including allergic reactions, reflux, sinusitis and other such ailments. One will also have to stop smoking so that there is less chemical pressure on the vocal cord. Finally, one will have to go through voice therapy for more serious lesions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Is your teenager child suffering from depression? Young adults or teenagers are quite moody. Hormonal fluctuations leads to irritability, outburst of anger, defiant behavior, weepiness, and emotional hysteria. It is important for you to differentiate between depression, teenage drama, and other mood disorders that are likely during teenage days. Depression in your child from an early age can have serious effects late in life.
Hence, it is very important for you to deal with your teenager’s depression. Here are some important tips you should apply:
- Get proper diagnosis
- A proper and accurate diagnosis of your child’s depression is very important.
- It is the first step that you should take to be certain about the condition.
- Choose the right therapist or doctor
- Finding a good therapist or doctor is the second step you need to take.
- Take opinions of people, and explore well to come across an ideal therapist who would be perfect for dealing with your depressed teenager.
- You may need a doctor’s assistance and advice for a long term basis, and thus it is important to choose a trustworthy doctor.
- Observe the negative thoughts
- Several negative thoughts manipulate our feelings. Something that starts with a negative thought can become a source of depression and anxiety.
- However, by recognizing these thoughts, it becomes easier to cope with them and their consequences.
- Outsmart the brain
- Our brain has two sides that respond to different kinds of inputs.
- While a negative situation confronts us, the right brain circuits come into play; while in case of positive situations, the left brain responds.
- It is important to create a bridge across the brain, so that you can travel to both the sides.
- Take mood boosters
- There are certain food items that help in uplifting your mood.
- If you are a depressed teenager, you should consume foods containing omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for alleviating your depression.
- You should take foods such as salmon, sardines, ground flaxseeds and walnuts.
- You should also consume vitamin B12 and Folate as these produce serotonin and act as effective mood stabilizers.
- Quit alcohol
- Alcohol is harmful when you are depressed and anxious, and it also alters your brain while you are a teenager. This can have adverse effects later in life.
- Working out for uplifiting your mood and distress by swimming, running, boxing, or walking provides instant relief from depression.
- Exercises boosts the activity of serotonin and norepinehrine.
- It also helps in stimulation of the brain chemicals that encourage the growth of nerve cells.
As a teenager suffering from depression, it is very important for you to seek help from places and people your trust. You may approach a person outside of your family as well, if you are not comfortable with letting your parents know. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.