Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu MenonYour feedback matters!
I've had a very bad relationship with a guy and I feel lost and very depressed now. I do not feel like eating anything and I cannot focus on my studies.becozof this I'm losing weight and and I do not even have friends here for an emotional support. I'm only 17 years old. I know I was way too young for all this but I've been fooled and lied on. And I cannot even share all this stuff with my parents neither can go to a doctor so my friend suggested me to try this app. Please can someone suggest me how to get out of all this? I'm so messed up mentally and I really need some suggestions and tips.
There are people who feel lonely but are alone and there are those who choose to be alone but are not necessarily alone, i.e. surrounded by people. So what make us feel lonely? Is it just isolation from social life or one can be lonely in the midst of all social activities? Today Psychologist Shivani Sadhoo answers some of the interesting facts and mind factors behind being alone and being lonely.
First understand, loneliness is a universal human emotion, yet it is both a complex and unique to each individual. It is commonly described as a state of solitude or being alone but in reality, loneliness is a state of mind. This state of mind causes people to feel empty, alone and unwanted. People who are lonely often crave human contact, but their state of mind makes it more difficult to form connections with other people. Loneliness as per psychological definition is not necessarily about staying & living physically alone, instead, it is the perception of being alone and isolated that matters the most.
For example, a newly joined office employee, who has difficulty in making friends and making himself/herself noticed, might feel lonely despite being surrounded by hundreds of office mates. Similarly, if a girl or a boy finds it difficult to express his/her pain, fears, feelings through verbal expressions, i.e. by talking, he/she might feel alone among a group of friends who would be all talking about themselves and would consider this person to have no trouble in life.
Loneliness has a wide range of negative effects on both physical and mental health. Some of the health risks associated with loneliness includes:
* Cardiovascular diseases and strokes
* Depression and suicide,
* Alcoholism and smoking,
* Progression of Alzheimer's disease
Generally, it’s very difficult to recognize if someone feels lonely and sometimes even the sufferer doesn’t recognize for the whole life that he/she was lonely deep inside.
One can cure loneliness:-
* By first identifying themselves that they suffer from loneliness.
* By realizing themselves that loneliness is a hazardous condition and they should fix it.
* If the person suffers with difficulties to express themselves to others, lacks effective communication skills, feels shy and stressed in social gathering then its advisable to take a help from experts like a mental health professional or a psychologist.
I have eye number. Some times I shows flying lines or rings. When I move eyes the rings or lines also moves with eyes. It distract me for focusing some where. How I reduce this effect and how I reduce my eye number.
In a word insomnia. No sleep from many months, I'm an ace photographer done my BFA photography recently. So owns an event management company in Hyderabad. Moving forward to the details. My gf got married last four months back so lack of sleep from many months I feel it's insomnia related something stress depression, what is that? I wanna know by doctors. N the solution? Hope I get good answer thank you.
I am feeling very depressed in the mornings, i am bothering much about my past, could you please help me out?
Hello I won't get sleep in night due to unemployment getting more tensed every day and don't have habit of smoking and drinking how to overcome the problem.
While most of us consume alcohol on a social basis, or during certain special and momentous events of our life, there are some people who may be classified as heavy drinkers. There is a certain alcohol limit as per the sex, age and climate that a person can have on a daily basis. When a person overshoots that limit on a daily basis and that too by a large margin, he or she may be known as a heavy drinker.
If you fall in this heavy drinking category, then you may want to go through the following tips in order to bring down and curb your habit so that you can drink in moderation, without causing undue problems for your mental and physical health.
- Use bitters: Using bitters, especially digestive bitters, with your drinks can help in bringing down the amount of alcohol that you consume in one go. This can also help your body in digesting the alcohol in a better manner so that you do not wake up with a hangover. Also, the use of digestive bitters can help in detoxification of the liver and prevent it from getting coated with toxins released by alcohol.
- Water: It is a well-known fact that one must stay hydrated while drinking so that he/she does not get carried away and drink too much. You can easily have a glass of water between each drink so that you keep the buzz at a stable level rather than letting it get to your head, to a point where you start to ask for even more alcohol. Moreover, before a big party or event, it is best to first have plenty of water so that you do not end up going overboard.
- Cleansing juices: The latest diet and fitness fad includes a dose of juices churned from various kinds of fruit and vegetables. You can also try this cleansing juice menu every time you feel like reaching out for a drink. This will help you in keeping things in perspective and then drinking moderately, if and when the need arises.
- Set a drink deadline: If you want to cut back on your drinks significantly, then one of the best things to do is to set yourself a drink deadline. As per this deadline, you will set a number where you will stop. For instance, once you have reached 2 to 3 drinks, you will automatically stop so that you do not binge.
- Find a support group: It is best to find a support group of friends or even an alcoholic anonymous group so that you can share your experiences and find motivation at the same time. This is especially important for those going through withdrawal symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.