Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu MenonYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I tend to forget things. And recently its happening a lot from last 6 month ? My age is 21 what should I do ?
I'm affecting with depression. Can't balance my mind .always affecting with a condition of vomiting tendency. Can't eat food properly.
Hello i am 25 year old a girl. Main 6 year se deprresion se suffar kar rahi hu and mera weight v badh gaya hai so give me the solution in hindi please.
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this eating vegetables and fruits but still its not curable. Rply and tell me whether slowly slowly this scary symptoms will vanish or not. One of psychologist told eat healthy n sleep healthy is the only way to cure it. Brain fog and distorted vision are the worst problem I am facing. Will it disappear slowly slowly.
I have huge memory problems. I can't remember things which I have done yesterday and whenever I tried to recall things. My head starts paining and I can't even concentrate on the present. It would be very nice if you could help me solve my memory problems.
I am 21, year old boy I always feel sleepy I do not concentrate on my studies. I tired very easily so what can I do and do not.
1. Smoke one cigarette less in a day and keep reducing till you stop.
2. Smoke in front of the mirror to realize you are smoking. Sometimes you may smoke without even realizing as it has become a habit.
3. Keep the cigarettes in the opposite pocket(for example in your left pocket if you usually keep them in your right pocket) or your bag so that you are aware whenever your hand goes for a cigarette.
4. Buy one cigarette at a time and not as a whole packet.
5. Write down the reasons why you are trying to quit in a small paper and keep it in your pocket all the time.
Most importantly NEVER LOSE CONFIDENCE.
On an average smokers make five to ten quit attempts before they ultimately quit.
Plz doctor help me out I am having some problem in my studies my mind is not working good so help me out from it as soon as possible.
I am 27 years old male. I feel tired always (every part of my body is tired) and also experience memory loss. I got a full body check up. I was concerned about thyroid.
Hi I am a student of engineering college. I am 19 years old. When I read I am not able to concentrate on study. please suggest me so that I may concentrate on study and I may study well plzz.
I have 5-6 chicken pox holes from last two years on my forehead, nose and cheeks, in short my face. I feel very depressed because of them. I have tried hexilak gel as suggested by my dermatologist, visit many of them. But these scars are not gone yet. One of my friend suggested me to try" mederma" Will it be effective? And if not please suggest some other stuff. And I am currently applying coconut oil on these scars but not seeing any improvement. Please help! Thank you!
When I feel fear or nervousness or anxiety. I am feeling to pass motion. Is nervousness makes bowel loose. How to get rid of this problem, And also tell me nervousness, anxiety and fear cause feeling to pass motion. Please tell what's my problem.
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Im so sensitive, im patient of depression, my husband doesn't love me ,wt can I do. Pls give me few advice.
I am pregnant and going through mental stress but unable to make it understand to my partner as he over react and despite of understanding leave my more stressful which makes me hyper and violent.
Doctors are our real saviors. From physical problems to mental issues, a doctor is needed to guide us all along. The medical professional can be quite challenging and demanding. Dealing with numerous patients and their problems every day is no joke. It can leave a person completely exhausted and burnt out. Doctors are also human beings. All these activities and daily struggle often take a toll, both on their physical and mental health. Unable to cope with the stress, many doctors (especially the young physicians) get into depression. They suffer from different mental issues (minor to serious).
Of late, there has been a mercurial rise in the number of doctors suffering from mental issues (stress, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, to name a few). As per a survey, women practitioners are at a slightly greater risk of facing mental issues than their male counterparts. To make matters worse, many doctors live in self-denial. They just refuse to accept the fact that there can be some problem (mental) with them. Many contemplate treatment as they fear this can jeopardize their career forever. They feel they will be socially and professionally isolated. But delaying the treatment or counseling will not help either. Like any other patients, they too need love, care, and most importantly, proper assistance.
- The first and the most important step is to accept the fact gracefully that there is some problem.
- Do not shy away from seeking an expert opinion or assistance. If the need arises, go for counseling. It is for your good.
- Your patients are your priority but do not ignore your health in the process. Take short breaks to avoid exhaustion and professional monotony. Go on a small vacation.
- In trying to achieve professional excellence, do not ignore your family. Spend at least an hour of quality time with your family every day. Spending time with your loved ones can be a great stress buster.
- Try and stay relaxed as much as you can. Meditation, music therapy, yoga, light exercise are important for the mind and the body to function normally.
- Take care of your diet. Try and include foods that will enhance your mood and lift your spirits.
- For doctors who are into drinking and smoking, it is advised to keep it within healthy limits.
- If there is anything that is bothering you, just let it out. Do not suppress your emotions.
- Try and follow a healthy sleep routine (though difficult for doctors). At least get 6 hours of sleep daily.
- Do not isolate yourself from other people. Mental issues are not a very big deal. Being a doctor, you should know this better. Most importantly, accept and love yourself.
Anxiety and mental issues can affect anyone, irrespective of their profession. The sooner you accept this, the faster you recover. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.