Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Bilwa MangalYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor Ji, Mujhe Hamesha Jukham Ho Jata hai aur nose se pani ata hai so me kya karu upaye bata dejiya eyes par bhi dard hota hi.
I was hit in the eye with a tennis ball when I was 11. I thought I just popped a blood vessel but I found out that I have a bruised retina and was told there is nothing they can do to fix a bruised retina. Is there anything that I can do about it now?
Last two days feeling like conjunctivitis in left eye. itching, slight swelling, white discharge and sticking in the morning. Could you please suggest any medicine for faster recovery.
I have legs pain and red eyes before emy childhood please help me give some suggest ions for the grete upgrade please help me thank you.
I am 33 year old. Since last one month I am facing problem while doing work on computer and reading books. Unable to focus properly. Computer screen looks blur while working and some time feel headache. From last two weeks I am feeling to much itching in my eyes and feel that unable to see properly. Kindly suggest the proper treatment.
I have a eye problem, my right eye has weaker focus compared to left eye it does not affect my daily life at all and at times it becomes better. And I can read or focus on close objects clearly but far object focus is not that good with right eye. It is not much of a problem for me but still I am concerned. Should I worry? Or is it normal?
I have watery eyes from last 2 days, is it dry eye syndrome? I have specs but they are fine. I can see properly. I am not using much of laptop right now as I am on a vacation.
Hello Sir/Madam I am 27 years old. I was having continuous pain in my head from last 3 days. I had visited eye specialist yesterday he said you have to wear glasses. He recommended the power of specs to be ±0.5 on right eye and ±0.5 cyl and ±0.5 on left eye. What should I do so that I can remove the specs. Thanks.
Meri eye ball ke sath Jo white space hai woh sari red hai kya who for se white ho jayegi ,kitne dino tak.
My eye is so much paining and I cannot see so far and also my eye is palpitating. pls tell what to do?
I have headache and red eyes for 4 days. Have taken crocin but could not got relief so please tell me what should I do?
I have eye siet, consulted many doctors but no one cleared my problem. Even if I use specticals, my vision is not clear. They are saying that my eye nerves are week. Now I am doing software job, I am facing lot of problems with my eyecan you help anything.
Sir, I have eyesight for 7 years. Now the power is -8. I want to go through basic laser. Is there any problems after basic laser. Can anyone please tell me.
I have red eyes for 5 days. Kindly Please give me suggestions for a eye medicine. I am from delhi sir.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.