Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Bijal PopatYour feedback matters!
I start getting sensation in my teeth little bit due to bacteria. What should I do for it? Can it be cured like before? Please tell me something different from filling or root canal.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
Hi my question is about Aphthous ulcers I have been suffering from apthous ulceration from past 3 years and happens 8 months a year at least. It pains when I eat anything. It hurts even if I talk. In my mouth the apthous ulcers appear twice a month and lasts for about 1 week at max i. E. Two weeks a month alternatively. Help me to treat it well so that it wont come back again thanks.
I am suffering from tooth pain there is deep hole that pain too much, soo can you help, for what medicine I take.
I want to control my blood pressure? When I eat, hot or cold item my teeth pains. How to get relief from this? Please help me.
Im having hholes in middle of the teeth n having pain when im taking cool and hot items please help me.
I have pain in my teeth which is done rootcenal last 4 month ago if my teeth ia not live how it can pain please explain?
Since one year at time brush in my teeth blood wil be came. please give me any treatment for that issue.
I am male 75, Recently a week back I have noticed that the stainless steel wire attached to my upper denture missing I doubt whether I might have swallowed the small steel wire during sleep, or it might have fallen while cleaning the dentures during brushing. I have not noticed any pain in my stomach even after a week now. Suggest me what to do?
I was checking tips related to teeth on Lybrate and floss is recommended at a lot of places. Few of these questions popped up in my mind : 1. I am curious why it is not common in India? 2. I watched few videos on youtube to learn the proper way to floss. After watching the videos I felt like it will be loosen the gums as one is putting the pressure on them also. Second I felt like it will start thinning the enamel also from the teeth. I am worried unnecessarily or care should be taken while flossing?
If mouth ulcers don't heal for about 15 days after treatment, then what are the further symptoms of mouth cancer.
Hello, Could you please guide me whether its better to get the wisdom tooth removed? Are there any effects if it's removed? If so kindly suggest me a doctor to whom I can get my tooth extracted as cavities are formed along with pain where I am unable to swallow my food.
I am 23 years old girl I am having front left side teeth tilted I don't want to put braces. What shoud I do?
My mouth not opened due to chewing gutkha .only two fingers go to inside my mouth. How to solve this problem without medicine. And any effective medicine available please give Mr. reply.
I have rashes on tongue and inside mouth and thick white material on tongue. What should i do? please advise.
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes — that's right, 120 seconds! Most adults do not come close to brushing that long. To get a feel for the time involved, try using a stopwatch. To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gumline, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration. Concentrate on thoroughly cleaning each section as follows:
B1 Tilt the brush at a 45° angle against the gumline and sweep or roll the brush away from the gumline
B2Gently brush the outside, inside and chewing surface of each tooth using short back-and-forth strokes.
B3Gently brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen breath.
Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the chewing surfaces
For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too
Frequency of brushing-
Studies have shown that brushing once a day in preschool settings, using a fluoride toothpaste will prevent cavities. Families should be encouraged to brush additional times at
home. Brushing before bedtime is especially important, in order to prevent plaque and food particles remaining in contact with the teeth throughout the night.
You should replace your toothbrush when it begins to show wear, or every three months, whichever comes first. It is also very important to change toothbrushes after you've had a cold, since the bristles can collect germs that can lead to reinfection.
Electric power brush-
PBRAn electric toothbrush is a toothbrush that uses electric power supplied usually by a battery to move the brush head rapidly, either oscillating side to side, or rotation-oscillation (where brush heads rotate in one direction and then the other).
ADVANTAGES OF AN ELECTRIC POWER BRUSH
7.Proven Long-Term Results
Flossing in addition to toothbrushing can reduce gingivitis and halitosis compared to toothbrushing alone.
FLOSDental floss is a bundle of thin filaments used to remove food and dental plaque from teeth. The floss is gently inserted between the teeth and scraped along the teeth sides, especially close to the gums or underneath them. Dental floss may be made of either plastic (nylon, PTFE or polyethylene) or silk, and can be flavored or unflavored, and waxed or unwaxed. An alternative tool to achieve the same effect is the interdental brush.
Advantages of flossing
ØProper flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot reach- under the gum-line and between the teeth.
ØDaily flossing is recommended because plaque build-up can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
ØIt stimulates gums, polishes tooth surfaces, reduces gum bleeding and prevents gum disease.
Start with about 18 inches of floss, wind most of the floss around each middle finger, leaving an inch or two of floss to work with.
ØHold the floss tautly between your thumbs and index fingers, slide it gently up-and- down between your teeth.
ØGently curve the floss around the base of each tooth using a seesaw motion, making sure you go beneath the gum-line. Never snap or force the floss, as this may cut or bruise delicate gum tissue.
ØCurve the floss around the side of one tooth, forming a 'C' shape and rub the floss up and down to clean the tooth. Repeat the procedure in the opposite direction i.e. on the adjacent tooth.
ØUse clean sections of floss as you move from tooth to tooth.
ØTo remove the floss, use the same back-and-forth motion to bring the floss up and away from the teeth.
Floss holders are also available and can be used in the difficult to reach areas.
MWMouthwash or mouth rinse is a chemotherapeutic agent used as an effective home care system by the patient to enhance oral hygiene.
A mouthwash is a flavored liquid that people use to rinse out their mouths before or after brushing their teeth. Some individuals may also rinse with mouthwash between brushings, particularly after eating foods that may cause a person to have bad breath. Mouthwash typically emphasize the treatment and prevention of halitosis as one of the many benefits of mouthwash. Mouthwash can be effective at combating bad breath.
ØBacteria in the mouth can also cause foul-smelling breath. Many antiseptic mouthwash products claim to kill the germs that cause bad breath.
ØSome mouthwash products are designed to help heal sores or irritation after oral surgery.