Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bheem Singh
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Bheem SinghYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies.
Here are the some of the homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
- Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
- HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat, which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
- Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
- Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
- Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
- Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
- Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
- Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic rememdy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
- Argentium Metallicum: Argentium Metallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
- Baryta Carbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello . Actually I have a problem in my left side nose. It's blocked. Last time my doctor prescribed me a spray for my nose after using that it was normal. After that I have stopped to using that spray. Now again the same problem coming. What s the reason for this. I have cold also. So please me a suggestion. Thank you.
Sir my right side of the neck is slightly swollen. Below Adams apple. There is no pain. And the swollen neck side cannot be seen but when I touch it. Than it can be felt that it is slightly swollen. Should I worry about it or its common.
Remember the sensation similar to that of a warm liquid flooding your tongue when you smell a deliciously baked chocolate cake? Or a freshly baked brown bread early in the morning? That is your saliva. The salivary glands present in the inner linings of the lips, cheeks and the mouth produce saliva. Saliva protects one from tooth decay, keeps the mouth moist and helps in the digestive process. Any disease that affects the saliva gland comes under the domain of ‘salivary gland disorders’.
There are three salivary glands in humans known as the Submandibular, Parotid and the Sublingual gland. The most common disorder that affects salivary glands is that of ‘blocked salivary glands’. Sialothiasis is a disorder wherein, calcium stones are formed in the salivary glands, which obstruct these glands. Obstruction of the salivary glands leads to an infection called sialadenitis, caused by strep or staph bacteria.
Sjogren’s syndrome is another condition which affects the salivary glands. In this condition, the antibodies in the body target the cells that produce saliva. This occurs mostly in women who suffer from autoimmune disorders. Viral infections are also common; flu virus and mumps are a few examples.
The symptoms of salivary gland disorders are problem specific; for Sialolithiasis, you will feel a painful lump below the tongue, which tends to aggravate when you eat. In case of Sialadenitis, there will be an odorous pus-filled discharge along with a lump beneath the chin. For viral infections, the symptoms will include muscle pain, swelling and fever. Symptoms of Sjogren’s syndrome are dry eyes and mouth, joint pain, fatigue and tooth decay.
Like the symptoms, the treatments for salivary gland disorders are also problem specific. For salivary gland tumors, surgery is required. If it is a malignant tumor, then radiation therapy will be prescribed which may cause dry mouth syndrome (Xerostomia). For bacterial and viral infections, anti-bacterial and anti-viral medications are required for treatment, respectively. It is also important that you take good care of your oral health for an even more effective treatment. Brushing and flossing your teeth on a regular basis will help keep salivary gland disorders at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT-specialist.