Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Bhaskar RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old. I am having migraine. I took so much medicine but not relief. I urge you please suggest me effective way.
My symptoms are as follows, I have pain in my neck, I have stiffness and pain in the left side of my neck with pain going down through my shoulder, under my arm pit, upper arm, and pain, numbness, burning sensations and tingling in my lower arm. Pain in left wrist with numbness in my 4th and 5th fingers and lower part of my hand extending back up my arm. I have this Symptoms since 15 days day and night continuously. And high blood pressure. I was sent from the Gp to who sent me to a neurologist,
I am suffering from migraine so I used to take crocin twice or thrice in a week since last 5-6 years. And now I am suffering from stomach pains as well as other problems. Whenever I eat something the pain starts, the doctor has prescribed me rabic dsr and florawell but no improvement is there. Also he has recommended me sibelium 10 mg for migraine but it is making me depressed and tired. Need help. What medicines should I take?
I am suffering from migraine from past 3 years. Only at the time of treatment ill be ok ok but after completing the course again it will come. What to do?
I am 46 years of age. I was suffering with epilepsy and was medicated for that. I am also on respidon 4 mg and flunil 20 mg which is prescribed by the psychiatrist for more than ten years from delhi. As I keep travelling so I don't get time to go to for follow ups sometimes for almost a year or so. Now almost everything is okay except for sleep problem. I am working still I sometimes feel over anxious and restless so I get sometimes sleep problem. I am very sensitive and an introvert I get disturbed easily. I was very slim before the start of medication bit now I am 58 kgs and 5 feet tall. I am very worried about my weight and I walk and do yoga regularly but still I don't seem to lose any weight as I am also suffering from hypothyroid problem almost from last six years now. I want to leave medication for mental illness but I am not confident and I fear that I will not be able to sleep or work if I am without medication. Could you please advice me if it is possible to drop medication and yet live a normal life. I am not married and I do not want to get married either because of my mental illness.
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Im having two kids. Im obesse. No throid. No sugar. No bp. Im having numnes if i sit for more than 5 mins or work . I can get easilly. How to get out of that numbness and obessesity. Now im before food 98kg. Im 157 cm only. Om worried. I am having gastric ulcer. I wanrt to reduce my weight. Please guide me. Im waiting for r reply sir/mam. Please.
Hi I am rana from Kolkata I have insomnia problem please help me I used to take ayurvedic medication thanks.
I get a very bad headache I tried many doctors they say it might be migraine but my headache is so worse that I have to tie a cloth around my head so tight jus to get relief from that pain whereas medicines don't work what might be the reason?
I am suffering from migraine. Many a times I have to face severe attacks of headache. Many a times I require allopathic injections for the headache to subside. Please prescribe a medicine that will help me get rid of headache.
My left hand arm became numbness for two days because of rare disease called Migraine headache with aura. Result of MRI and EEG scan was exact normal. I'm seeking for a best treatment.
I an 24 year old male since last year I an experiencing Insomnia I have used a couple of medicines switched a number of doctors but it did not help me.
I am suffering from migraine since 6months and till then taking the medication, still no major relief has been observed. Is there any home remedy I could. Take.
I feel always nervous when doing anything and MY hand always shivering in fear is there any solutions?
You're probably familiar with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (dpn), which is nerve damage that?s caused by chronic high blood sugar. Dpn tends to be the most common complication of diabetes. Some of its symptoms include a tingling or burning sensation, difficulty walking, and numbness, especially in your feet and toes. If left untreated, dpn can eventually lead to amputation.
while dpn seems to be a growing problem within the african-american community, here are four ways to keep your dpn under control.
1. Don?t smoke.
ever notice how ?don?t smoke? is always somewhere on these types of lists? well, there?s a good reason for it. When you smoke, your arteries narrow and harden, reducing the amount of blood flow to your legs and feet, which makes it more difficult for wounds to heal.
2. Keep your blood sugar levels in check.
if you?re a diabetic, then you already know how important it is to monitor your blood sugar levels. When you have dpn, inconsistent blood sugar levels put you at risk for nerve damage, which can ultimately lead to amputation.
3. Take good care of your feet.
when you have dpn, it?s a definite must that you thoroughly wash and dry your feet on a daily basis. Also, always make sure that your shoes are well-fitted and that your socks are clean and dry. Be sure to trim your toenails straight across ? or have them trimmed by a professional. Lastly, stay away from any antiseptic products and sharp tools, including nail files, as they may cause injury and further damage.
4. Communicate with your doctor.
inspect your feet regularly. If you notice anything unusual, such as a foot injury that?s taking longer to heal than normal, inform your doctor right away! ask me privately here