Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Bhargav ReddyYour feedback matters!
Kidney is the most vital organ in the body as it eliminates the waste material from our blood. When kidneys fails to carry out its work effectively the waste materials gets accumulated in the blood and end up with many serious disease condition that affects the other vital structures in our body. The function of the kidney is carried out artificially by an external device called dialyser to purify the blood and remove the waste products from it. This procedure is called as dialysis. There are two types of dialysis they are haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. In Haemodialysis, the waste products are removed from the blood and there by the fluid and electrolyte balance is maintained.
Things a person should follow if they are undergoing haemodialysis
- Love your heart: Patients undergoing dialysis are at more risk of getting cardiac problems. So it is best advised to follow few of the following measures to take care of their heart
- Diet: Dialysis not only removes the waste matters from your blood but sometimes also the essential electrolytes and nutrients. Protein, potassium sodium and phosphorus are the major things that are to be noted.
- Encourage the patient to take high quality protein rich foods like meat, fish, milk, egg and chicken which is essential to improve your muscle strength and immunity.
- Have a check of your sodium level and take sodium rich foods accordingly, as excess sodium may increase the fluid intake.
- Limit your fluid intake: Use ice cubes instead of water or use small cups of water. Make sure you measure every sip of water you take.
- Don't Overeat: Slow down while eating and stop eating when you feel full. don’t over load your stomach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.