Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BasavarajYour feedback matters!
Umbilical stump of my new born daughter (7days old) is removed. But I still see a small wound around the area, is this normal? do I need to apply any cream or ointment to heal the wound.
My son 16 year old sufering from nervous problem. Nerves in his leg fingers are stretching and paining some times. What is the remedy for it?
My child (2 years old) is having blisters in throat due which he had fever which has now subsided but he is not eating or drinking anything. Due to this he is getting irritable. Currently Doctors has prescribed Zytee which is a pain relieving gel, Maxtra and azithral. What could be a better medicine for his blisters.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My child is crying continuously and she had dry and painful stools and very little urination. What to do.
At birth my baby was fair but now she had little bit dark how can I get fair colour of my baby she is 1 & half year?
My 5 months old son is having cough my doctor suggested azithral liquid 100 20 mg/ml bt still he is having cough.
My 9 months kid is suffering with cold, cough, poor feed and breathing fast. Last night baby got fever and when we consult doctor immediately. After looking into X- Ray they said Pneumonia. We have admitted baby in hospital and they have started giving Antibiotics, Levolin thru Nebulizer and Saline. Now baby is feeling better but she still gets fever every day in the evening. Its been 2 days since admitted in hospital. My concern is how long it would take and why baby still getting fever. Please help us.
Hello sir, my baby is 21 days old and I am not feeling well since mrng, feeling like shivering and complete body pain amd all body part, what should I do? I wore sweaters and warm cap. Pls reply me soon.
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease.
Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play:
- Eating: They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics: A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development: A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance: In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption, the milk tooth, gets resorbed, becomes mobile, and finally falls off. In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used.
These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
My 6 years old son is suffering from stomach pain for last 1 year. The pain occurs once or twice every day for 2 - 5 minutes and automatically get cured. We have done all types of blood testing, mantu test, usg of whole abdomen, x ray but every reports are normal. Doctors prescribe only anti allergy medicines but of no help. Please suggest what to do.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am mother of 33 days baby. Her weight at birth is 1.9 n now 2.7. She is formula fed using Similac n daily just once r twice I am giving bf. From past few days she is having severe constipation and gas problem while passing motion she is crying vigorously n also while urinating. I am using neopeptine drops for digestion. Still she is passing motion 7-9 times sply at night. please suggest. Very much worried.
If your toddler talks to you in gibberish what do you do? Experts tell us that you should act as if you understand what your child is speaking. It will encourage him to speak and he will pick up the mother?s tongue faster.
Parents? response to children?s activities makes a world of difference to their growth. If you indulge in a conversation with your toddler, he will feel encouraged to talk. Never mind if you can?t make out his blabbering. Words don?t matter, your attention does! Show interest and talk to your kid. Just wait and watch how quickly your baby picks up language skills!